Siemens LOGO!Soft Comfort – stands for sensationally easy and quick configuration. This allows the creation of user programs by selecting the respective functions and their connection via drag-and-drop. This applies to the function block diagram and ladder diagram.
It has been proven useful to program the switching program step-by-step and to simulate and test it on the PC offline. This approach prevents time-consuming troubleshooting in the entire program. short configuration times are accomplished by creating your own macro blocks in which frequently recurring program parts are stored in a macro library.
Creating the switching program:
- Select functions and place them in the drawing area
- Select the start and end point of the connection with the cursor and the software automatically “wires” the connection
- The parameters of the functions, such as timers, threshold values, setpoints are defined in clearly structured dialog boxes
- Simulation of the entire switching program with all functions now takes place on the PC while optimizing the parameters
- Analog signals can be simulated with real values (e.g. temperature – 20 ºC to + 80 ºC)
- Time-controlled as well as cyclic simulation can be used
- Even time- and date-dependent switching functions can be simulated
- Realistic representation of the LOGO! display within the simulation
- Display of states for all functions, parameters and actual values
- Do not forget to save the intermediate steps
Commissioning with LOGO!:
- Wire the LOGO! as specified and connect to the PC with Ethernet cable
- In the tested program, execute the function “Options / Transfer / PC to the LOGO!”
- If several LOGO!s are connected, select the corresponding LOGO!
- The software registers whether the PC has a matching IP address for the communication, then suggests an alternative IP address, sets it once it has been confirmed and then transfers the program to the LOGO!
- Activate online test with display of states and actual values of LOGO! in RUN mode.
Professional documentation is often quite time-consuming and is therefore frequently neglected.
Gaps will arise after the commissioning phase, if not before. LOGO! Soft Comfort supports you in this endeavor and will print updated and standard-compliant documentation at the push of a button.
- We recommend naming the inputs and outputs
- Additional comments can be assigned to every function
- Individual placement and formatting of free text in the documentation
- Clearly structured switching program display across several pages can be set
- Professional printout with all necessary project information and standard-compliant borders
- Separate printout of parameters and I/O names is possible
- Integration in standard Windows applications is possible by saving as .pdf, .gif or .jpg
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3, 7 SP1 or 10
- Main processor 2 GHz or higher
- 1 GB RAM or higher
- 5 GB free hard disk space