- ABB PCM600 training package Update
- Trainer: Dr. Saeed Roostaee
Working online with relay and testing protection functions (Length: 106 minutes)
Working online with relay and testing protection functions (Length: 106 minutes)
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups, please send “interest” on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– During one phase PT failure, will overflux relay work? Has anyone seen this kind of voltage transformer connection?
– Why b phase winding is grounded on the secondary side?
– Can u share nameplate details of the PT
– yes, in an oil company, usually they only use 2 PT inputs and make it as delta connection in the relay
– That’s an open delta voltage transformer or potential transformer.
– It’s mainly used as an input to detect earth faults using neutral voltage displacement.
– Typically the sum of the voltage across D7 and D9 is zero. however should there be an earth fault and one of the phases hit the ground … you will get voltage across the open point
– Such schemes are used in ungrounded systems or on generator – transformer sets. there is no path for earth fault
– Sorry open wye but the scheme is the same.
– Open delta connection, Yellow phase normally will ground. But as per the drawing seen some conflict.
Normally 2 VT Winding we can see.
– This is a star connection with y phase grounded Not an open delta. I was reading on the internet it’s some old practice followed in the UK.
– Anyone has any experience with diesel Genset paralleling on the common neutral resistor? How many generators can work connected to the resistor and how many can work isolated in parallel mode? That’s a very big open question.
– Yes, it is really problematic to solve its protection system
– Yes we typically run the neutrals to a common neutral bar. Install at least 3 the neutral earthing resistors and contactors
– Are you talking about medium voltage generators?
– How did you calculate the size of resistors
– Please, can you share some calculations?
– I need a setting guide for directional protection
– If any example for Double feed SubStation with the tiebreaker normally closed
– What is the Apts scheme?
– For this system, with the two Transformers secondary breakers and the tiebreaker are normally closed, and installing directional on the two secondaries, I need some guidance on how to make the setting for the directional, And if anyone has a similar case I will be glad if he shares his settings and how to Make them?
– the intention of the Directional on the secondary side is for backup protection? I ever encounter an application that uses the secondary side 67 as a backup by looking up into the transformer and if it operates it will trip both HV and LV. – Can anybody share about the zig-zag transformer? Principle operation of it.
– Anyone has SR 469, SR 650, and SR 750 test formats? Which is the software used for these relays? Anyone pls help.
– what could be the cause of the SF alarm?
– PLC is communicating with another PLC over Profibus
– Well, it can be a lot of stuff, but the first thing I always have for this alarm. SISTEM FAULT means that you may have some unit programmed inside your PLC that is not connected in the field.
– So if it still works let it be
– with that alarm all parameters of slave address become red
– This is not something to concern, just be sure you have a good backup of the PLC program. but if it remains, it will not let startup of Engine
– Yes, but if it is already working, maybe is only a module programmed in the PLC but not connected in the field, but I say, I saw processes going on for Years with this SF, and nothing ever happened.
Electrical engineers can join our WhatsApp groups and easily talk to engineers around the world. plz text on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– we have a problem in the Genetaror Micom P343 that does not boot, please help us how to fix it, thanks
– Check the ribbon resistance of HMI to relay. We have faced the same and ask Alstom then after they checked and replace the ribbon, and fix the issue.
– Where is the ribbon?
– Open the front side of the relay then there is a connecting ribbon cable u can find
– This, not Bad contact Ribbon the message is clear (Micom Booting) with Led Alarm lightning in red Fast…
It’s like PC booting, I think it’s a microprocessor issue
– We have faced the same problem in our reliance industries Jamnagar plant and Alstom itself give us a solution and change all the ribbons. Micom rebooting issue may be from the HMI problem/relay power card problem but if it comes even after replacing HMI look forward with manufacturers. It’s not just like pc booting issues. There is no chance of error in relay or bugs like a microprocessor.
– I might be wrong but I share what I experienced with the same problem.
– Any vacancy for Facilities Manager
– How do I determine distance characteristics in the L90 GE relay? do someone has a commissioning manual for L90 relays?
– I want to know what you guys as an Electrical Department are doing to fight COVID 19 in their workplace.
– 132kv circuit tripped showing R Y B phase and zone 1. And the same circuit is energized from another end at no load. Also, no fault was found on the circuit during patrolling. What will be the fault? Distance Relay type Micom P 441. It could be transient or pic up fault
– Does it show any distance in zone 1?
– Grid staff is not too efficient to check the fault recorder. I will go to check it tomorrow and will discuss it again
– What is the status now does the line charged from both ends?
– Only from another end at no load
– Sir but usually these transients will be blocked by numerical relays rights
– I think it may be DC grounding
– Check the fault recorded to see the fault current and voltage
– Depending on the magnitude and relay Makes. We have had similar invent without any trace to a physical cause
-can you share with us the Comtrade file
– What is the standard setting of the characteristic angle for directional overcurrent phase and ground (67/67N)?
– does somebody has this relay technical manual ABB PCD for recloser?
– Hi anyone has a static VAR compensator (SVC) protection scheme that can share?
– What is the standard setting of the characteristic angle for directional overcurrent phase and ground (67/67N)?
– For typical distribution networks (up to 33 kV), I set it to 30 degrees. For sub-transmission/transmission, I set it to 45 degrees, between the current phase and voltage polarizing quantity.
– However different scenarios may require different angles and have to be worked out.
– This angle for directional phase overcurrent? What about the angle for directional ground overcurrent 67N?
– Are there any references for how to Make the setting for directional phase and ground overcurrent 67/67N?
– I would typically read the relay manual, And use the default recommended value. The actual math behind setting them can be very tricky.
– Which relay are you using?
– Sepam s40
– The application is two parallel Transformers
– What’s the voltage level and how far is the relay from the supply transformer?
– From experience, RCA is 20~40
– For 67N, the value is dependent on the type of grounding. Please refer to NPAG, it was clearly explained there
– Anyone has a digsi4 Activation Key? And for 67, if I am not mistaken, RCA is set based on the impedance angle of the system
– Anyone tested Transformer DIFFERENTIAL 7SR242 DUOBIAS. I have some doubt on bias characteristics!
– This is the complete manual, but the bias equation is not clear on it!
– Does anyone here got any information about ct accuracy class 0.1 PL 270 R6
– I want to know knee point voltage and resistance
– Install Studio Enterprise this is a combination of all SCADA & it will work as per your licensing
-Does anybody here has experience with Toshiba relay GRL 200?
– I want to ask about the IO config
– Why don’t you Let the admin look into it? Please send me any study material regarding AVR
– For a substation
– Little emergency for my undergraduate project
– I can send you the datasheet of Engine AVR
– ABB Unitrol 1000
– I have to change CT/VT ratio in an Elster A1800 energy meter. Already got established communication with the meter via Metercat 3.5 software. I believe CT/VT ratios can be changed via function “Program” but I am not able to proceed as everything at the “Program” popup window is grey (not editable), I request you to support me in changing the CT/VT ratios.
– You have to enable changing xt ratio on parameters function
– There is no Parameter menu in Functions? please clarify in detail or send some snapshot
– Hi Guys, I have a question for the 220KV level, which is suitable for either CVT or IVT(PT)? And why Usually we are adopting IVT(PT) in Andhra Pradesh India
– CVT always
– Sir can you please support your statement As we have observed the drift in secondary voltages are more in CVT compared to IVT over a time span
– Mainly installation reasons. they are lighter, cheaper, Safer (transfer of emf when a fault occurs)as there is no direct connection to the primary voltage source.
– Can you explain how does the voltage drift?
– Deterioration in the capacitance levels over a period of operations results in variations in secondary voltages Can’t that be fixed during maintenance? (Note: I don’t have any experience in maintenance and operation Even I don’t have any experience in Maintenance. But I am not sure we can improve this ineffective manner)
– CVT for transmission circuits or High Voltage i.e greater than 66kV and IVT for distribution circuits 33kV and below
– Moreover, we are mostly using IVT in 220KV levels also so, I am not aware of fixing methods. I believe it’s a cost trade-off. In India IVTs in 220kV class are more affordable than CVT. And yet you may see them actively used in 220kV stations where the transmission system is at 220kV level. This is because the same CVT would be used as a coupling capacitor for PLCC communications as well.
– That’s my understanding
– Why when we calculate short circuits at transformer secondary we should consider no-load ph to phase voltage not rated voltage?!
– Yes.CVT is more affordable to be used since the consideration of its(equipments) isolation to H.V.
– Yes, we can track and analyze its dissipation factor( Tan Delta measurement)
– Which position?
– This is an AVR relay from ZIV bringing.
-anyone has the pin configuration of this relay?
– If you mean bias setting, then I would say it has to be calculated based on the transformer parameters
– Hello everybody, good morning. Do any of you run the digsilent program?
– What /which are the switching operations and commissioning procedures of HV / EHV equipment considering the safety rules of power system operation?
-P94V Undervoltage relay showing continuous trip, but no alarm present and all functions disabled, need technical support .can anybody please help.
– Go to view record and reset led Did, but still not going
– To increase the contact Resistance with Ground!
-To minimize step potential?
– Why stone and whether it’s the only solution?
– Another reason stones are used is ‘cause it helps in the fire. mitigation, especially where oil traps/ sump pumps are not available.
– The leaked oil will have less surface area exposed to air that can burn, thereby reducing the fire hazard.
– Weather dry sunny temp 35c approximately Fault 132kv lighting arrestr and HV bush of power transformer 20/26MVA damaged
– 132kv CT side clamp
-Counter of lighting arrestr
– Lighting arrestr
– Structure damaged After fault jamper
– Analysis as per our senior-most retired chief Engineer such type of fault occurs due to delay of lighting arrestr counter delay. This type of fault occurred in Pakistan time by a time where lightning arrestr having counter are installed. Due to delay HV bush of power transformer also damaged
– Did the Hv bushing passed the lighting impulse test?
– At the time of manufacturing or now
– Bushing may be damaged due to pressure of conductor available 132kv surge arrester if required plz context 03214484444
– I wonder if you have the fault recorder of this lighting surge impulse on your relay
– Are there any lightning arresters at the top of the transformers firewall/ other location?
– What’s the fault in the protection relay or fault recorder?
– Ds agile documentation please, guys how can I get cooling oil for a 1000 volt transformer
– What is the relay saturation of the IDMT curve in sepam T80 and S82?
-Any have experience In Reyroll Relays.! I need help with how to change the “Out of service mode”.
– We need to do an 87L test, as you can see in secondary current to relay is very low 0.044A. We did a secondory injection for GE L90 relay and found it doesn’t read 0.044A. Value is fluctuating and getting stable at 0.1A.
– Any idea why the 51N protection of the REF615A relay operates in an almost constant time of 0.06 seconds
– reviewing the operation curve the minimum operation time is 0.02 seconds at least the first 3 tests would have given me the correct value
– check the other seating. Check the type of curve selected in the relay, Whether it is definitely time or IDMT
-1 group setting might b clashing with another one, check all stage settings group-wise.
– Work Is for Automation Visit in Kolkata. Just visit the site at Kolkata only people from Kolkata plz contact me.
– A Power distribution full project including design of LV and MV component
– 40mva x-mer tripped on differential during charging of 33kv feeder with Idr= 0.49pu, Idy= 0.50pu and Idb,= 0.53pu.
Both sides LA has physically verified and found ok.
– Did you check the %of Harmonics during charging from the DR?
– please do a stability test and after that examine the results.
– might anyone have the design book of transformers with CRGO steel core and amorphous metal core
– Please guide how to reset DR full alarm in DPR Micom p442 Schneider electric
-Maybe you can right-click on the device and select supervise device
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups, please send interest on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– Anyone has a VALANCE book on “How to Test Breaker Failure Element Logic”?
– I have a problem with Micom P443 for Distance Protection. I have a problem with System Checks for Autoreclose, anyone can tell me what is the difference between CS1 Close Enable dan C/S AR Immediate?
– Cs1 close enable is the setting of sync check on which you want to recloser the circuit breaker like on Live Line Live Bus or Live bus Dead Line or Dead Bus.
– If you enable c/s AR immediate then it means that if during the dead time system check conditions are met then it will reclose the breaker without waiting for the remaining dead time period,
– Like for example if dead time is 1 sec
– And system check conditions are met during 0.6 seconds of dead time, then the relay will give reclose command without waiting for the remaining 0.4seconds of dead time. But you have disables the system check conditions on shot1 which means it will reclose the breaker without looking into any system check conditions,
– Sys check on shot 1 should be enabled too.
– Hi Guys I have a question: what is the problem with a 3phases motor run by A frequency driver, if I want to run it very slowly for instance at 4HZ normally it runs at a modulated Frequency variable between 50Hz and 0 but what happens to a very low frequency?
– I know that it will run slow, but it will warm up a lot right? but more than that what will it happen? somebody, some documentation to explain this phenomenon?
– It depends on the loading. The higher its loading, the more power is needed to turn the output torque. If you don’t have a load, just make sure your lower frequency setting has a minimal current to move the rotor otherwise, it will overheat.
– I even reinstalled my windows not going, I checked internet settings also
– how we can develop an HMI screen of operator name tag id selection in Schneider Vijeo Designer Basic HMI software
– Can Anyone suggest or provide a link for low-cost alternatives for moxa U port 1150 type connectors with similar capabilities?
– USB to Serial converter
– Does anyone have sft sav diagnostic software for Sepam relay?
– Does Anyone know about selec Twix-2 PLC communication with Schneider HMI
– Please have someone ever configured SEL 487B busbar protection?
– The SEL Technical Support Line is available at +1.509.338.3838
– does anybody here has the SUE3000 configuration tool
– Some examples of End Fault Protection with SEL 487B?
– Anybody can please share with ME Schneider Software SFT SAV?
– what does this number means by 6000 of this RCD?
– It can open currents up to 6000A. 6kA
– Note it’s RCBO not RCD
– What s the difference? Because some tell me it is the max number of trips. RCBO stands for residual current circuit breaker. It can open faults up to 6000A. It can be used for short circuit protection as well as sensitive faults of 30ma. RCD is a residual current device. It’s used only to pick up sensitive 30ma faults. They can’t open full short circuit currents. -Think of RCBO as RCD+MCB
– No it’s the rated fault level.
– We have the following problem with ER make DUOBIAS relay for Transformer differential protection
– Can anyone guide what to be done with this?
– Hi anyone has testing commissioning motor differential protection relay procedure please Sharing
– Short circuit level for this device
– This kind of error shows in sverker 900 Megger relay test kit anyone has an idea what is this?
– Maybe you could try to restart the device. And try to jumper each phase RST to neutral phase.
– Jumper are arranged like this is it ok?
– I have restarted the kit but it not working
– Jumper I1to neutral, then I2 to neutral, and so on. Simultaneously inject small current to monitor the device voltage ports are also not working
– How about the current ports?
-They are also not working
– Make sure when you start the device the knob selector is in an off position.
– Check the fuses too
– Does anyone know if you can force or simulate voltage on an ABB relay? That is, without using a device like Omicron
– someone helps, how can I test the GE L90 diff relay as a stand-alone without connecting with another one. You can only force digital outputs and simulate inputs. You can’t force analog signals such as voltage and currents. You need an external source
– I’ve never dealt with this relay but If it is for line differential, chances are that you’ll need two relays. the receiver and transmitter
– But you can still use the primary injection method to do the testing
– Do you have to test line differential?
– You can go to setting, testing, channel test, and loopback. Inject currents, the relay will consider one current as local and one as remote
– Hello guys, I’d like to ask maybe some of you ever test this type of relay?
– Where we can find the tms
– I think tms is 2
– TMS is nothing but a round dial
– Yes it is 2
– In this case, it’s 2
– for ref relay input problem. Ref620
– From the drawing, check the terminal point associated with this input. Isolate it then troubleshoot that circuit to find out where the “high/positive” signal is coming from
– why inside relay see this message drawing as not a problem?
– I am working with a 2X300 MW thermal power plant in India and our 400 kv switchyard is having Alstom MICOM P 441, REL 670 for protection also for the generator we are having siemens make 7UM622 and MICOM p345.
Is there any standard that speaks of about frequency of relay testing?
– Normally frequency of Numerical Relay testing depends on the utility practices.
– In our utility, we do annually. But in my opinion, it is not required annually.
– Numerical relay can be tested 5 years once. Scheme testing can be done annually.
– anyone has a crack version of IED smart or IED scout for IEC 61850 simulation?
– How to do scaling of this pressure sensor
– these transmitters are of a fixed range
– 615 series?
– try to use a new project. if still like that try to factory reset the IED but if it is still operating
join our protection relay WhatsApp groups, please send interest on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– How to connect GPS to this siemens relay 7VE632
-synchronization via IRIG-B
– someone assists me with CPC 100 software.
– You either need IRIG B port on GPS receiver or you need NTP to IRIG B convertor
– Please find below the parameters you are expected to use as discussed with RTM;
Reactance = 0.2215 ohm/km
Inductance = 0.20808 ohm/km
Suseptance = 0.07573 ohm/km
Distance = 313km
– Please how can I find the positive and zero sequence impedances from the above parameters thanks
– 400 KVAR 90 UNITS. 132KV CAPACITOR BANK. neutral CT 5/5. 132kv CT 400/5. Capacitor protection or unbalance relay current setting? Relay type SPAJ 160 C
– Normally Unbalance protection has one special other CT different from CT 132kv phase or CT neutral but if This CT 5/5A is just for SPAJ protection we adjust setting unbalance between 10 (..)20% In for nominal current this CT 5/5A
– Please explain the working of reverse power relay at consumer end for the small hydropower plant of declared capacity 24.75 MWWhat is recommended Characteristic angle for Directional Earth Fault protection (67N) on SEPAM
-Sepam relay is on the closed-loop network.
-System grounding: resistance grounded (Two NGR Prallelled: 2x800A: 1600A).
The type used for 67N on Sepam: Type-02 (the protection function uses I0 vector magnitude).
Residual Current input on Sepam: Calculation of Summation three-phase current (not residual CT).
If anyone is interested in ETAP discussion Whatsapp group, send ETAP on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– I want to know if my raw data for the sensor is 0 to 32767 and I wanted it to show in HMI in the format of 0 to 100 bcoz if in system sensor mistakenly get faulty or I have to replace the sensor and the sensor of any other company in my system, so due to this I can change from HMI raw data in the format of 0 to 100 is it is possible?
– Hello, Micom p-243 protects compressor after start 15 minutes then trip. The indication in local HMI (motor fault alarm )but in the protection relay no indication but became an open position. When I go to the record I see this in the pic
– I do isolation resistance for motor by using 5kv meggar the result was 4Gohm
– In HMI how to create operator name error
-It’s over Current, what’s your starter motor current start pick and protection Micom configuration?
– Respected members, Please guide me on how to carry out the Hi-Pot Test/Dielectric strength test for 22kV 3ph Breakers/Bus bar.
-If the available source is DC for testing, how much voltage is to be applied, and any references of the standard for the same.
– How to write scripting language for 0 to 50 Low and 50 to 100 high value in C programming for HMI?
– on Nari pcs9611 relay, when powered on it displayed sub supervision Alarms? Alm-device, Alm -time sync.
How can I cancel?
– set the time synchronization to off instead of sntp
– Under settings?
– under device config or communication.
– Does anybody has ZX0 ABB switchgear O&M.manual
– Especially Gas handling procedures
– HB 600-05 en
– HB 605 Gas handling Manual for ZX0
– I have tested my lightning arrestor for 11KV after removing it from the line and the IR value was 400 meg.
– A few minutes later I have tested it again the value was raised to 15 Gig.
– Please I need the manual of Siprotec 7SA87
– Hello everyone, could you help me with the function of the TC1 on the delta winding?
– It’s a current transformer for the winding temperature gauge
– someone knows what is the difference between I> and I>>?
– I> is the short time protection setting and I>> is the instantaneous protection settings of the overcurrent relay
– Can somebody tell me what happened if the tripping coil resistance and a closing coil resistance of vcb are the same? then there is any impact on the performance of vcb?
– You can return to the datasheet of the circuit breaker and closing and tripping coil, you can find the standard values of the resistance of the trip and closing coil and compare it to the measurement
– I just want to know the theoretical answer Behind this.
– From an electrical engineering point of view
– closing coil resistance is designed much less than tripping coil resistance to having a stronger magnetic field
– Yes I know it is designed, but my question is if they are the same then, what happened?
– does somebody here have some “how to configure Modbus protocol in SEL relays” document or some kind like that?
– Someone has a method statement of Testing CVT Tan Delta
-Does anybody have a project for the RED670 relay?
– Anything, in particular, you are after !’vv?
– Current line differential relays are fairly straightforward?
– Anyone knows what is the problem when a source (power plant) transmits power to a substation, then the neutral current monitored in the power meter is a bit higher normally?
– I know that It means that there is an unbalance current on each phase. But what else can be that causes the phenomenon?
– The P.F on phase R and S are lagging 0.9, but phase T shows a leading P.F.
– In case it’s an internal fault, just assume that the 87 T relay and Ref relay will trip?
– your understanding is correct. But apart from it, if primary Overcurrent (50/51P) works, it will trip the CB 150 kV, and how about the CB 20 kV?
– Is it required to trip the CB 20 kV too?
– 87T trip, REF not really, depending on the fault. PP fault or 3P internal fault won’t initiate REF
– To isolate the power from LV side too, in case of bus section in 20 kV side is closed
– Depends on the control scheme we use in most of the cases we adopt if HV side CB trips on protection LV CB also gets trip, REF is more sensitive for earth faults in the differential zone. If it is an earth fault REF trips faster than Diff.
– I think that 20 kV CB will need to trip too to prevent reverse power from the remanent voltage (power) at Bus 20 kV side. But if there is a remanent voltage on the 20 kV side, is it possible to induced voltage in the primary winding to create a current.
– Since you have NGR, earth fault close to neutral may not be detected by REF.
– Percentage of the unprotected zone can be calculated based on relay settings and CT ratio.
– Yes. due to the resistance, the sensitivity will be limited.
– Have everyone ever tried to the induced voltage on the secondary winding of step down Transformer i.e. let’s say 150/33 kV. How about the primary winding transformer, does it will generate a low current or a harmonic current?
– Actually, fault moves towards the source. In actual LV will not trip because the fault current will move towards the source side (150kv) side but if inter trip function is available then LV 20kv side will trip too
– Anyone knows about the calculation to get the value of Z1 Sensit. Iph>1 ?
– Fault current should be above this value to identify zone 1 or zone 2 faults
– I got it. But how to get this value.
– Okay. I have found it was 1.2 x CCC / CT Ratio
– CCC indicates which value? please clarify I doubt the Current Carrying Capacity Of the conductor
– In Distance Relay
– Anyone knows the CB IS( In-Service) Time function?
– Since I close my CB then the IS time starts to count to set AR Block
– If CB is manually closed then after this time CB will be considered in service and the Auto Recloser function will be enabled too.
– But why it AR block indication appear.
– After the CB IS Time starts to count. Still struggling on this distance relay
– Because during CB IS time AR Function is disabled to block the AR on SOTF fault, change to ABB REL670
– What type of relay is this one?
– P443 Micom
– does anybody here has a p14d Modbus register
– who knows the ZIV default password
– Any ZIV relays specialist
– Hello all, does anyone has a GRL 200 Toshiba Line Current Diff Manual Book?
– Four corner numbers 7931
20 WhatsApp Groups for protection engineers
– I have a Zivercom relay for the Tap changer. everything looks fine but it’s not Tapping who can assist tanks
– is anyone familiar with Siemens Siprotec 4 7SD Line Current Differential Relay? For example, one end of the relay is select in Commissioning mode(test mode), will the remote end relay differential protection be in commissioning mode or test mode also?
– Commissioning mode at one line end will not turn on commissioning mode automatically to another side. Plus commissions mode is completely different from test differential mode.
– Can you explain a bit more about the test differential mode?
Does turning the test differential mode at one end also activate the remote end’s test differential mode?
– Anyone REM620 relay this message what problem
– Anyone has the actual standard IEEE 485 or an excel sheet? I need to size the substation battery charger, please!
– Does anyone know what these signals are used for?
– Apparently, they are permissive of Switches
– RECEPTION RRR, RRA, RRX, and RRY
– the arrangement of the substation is as follows
– Have anyone tested Cap bank differential protection in Siprotec 5 7SJ85 relay?
– constantly getting this error while writing to the IED
– delete the HMI page first
– do the license update tool
– Does anyone have software for this relay micom2.1?
– I have found Micom software if anyone can give Ziv software as well plz
Our substation incomer feeder is tripping downstream and upstream without any fault when switching on outgoing feeders.
– Please suggest any idea to solve the above-mentioned issues
– What fault was recorded by the relay?
– There is no fault on the relay but upstream and downstream are tripping when switching on any outgoing feeders.
To join our VEBKO WhatsApp group, plz text our support team on WhatsApp (Click)
– Any circular regarding the fair service life of various testing equipment in the power sector.
– Hi, has anyone ever replace these manual annunciator window tiles with a 3rd party tiles? or other alternatives?
– We are facing this kind of rebooting issue with the AREVA Micom P742 peripheral Unit for busbar protection. Anyone has any idea regarding this issue. How to overcome this?
Protection Relay Discussion Group in Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/Cmyg2FiXX-qlTYqyXQ_pjg
– Can we use a 10 ac drive on a 15 hp motor?
– 12.5 hp drive on 15 hp motor
– Hi All, do you guys ground the shield of control cables at both ends or only a single end?
– How about for CT VT Cable?
– May I know would there be an issue if we use a CT with a high Burden (15VA for example) for a protection relay (microprocessor type). For the old mechanical type, I understand that the CT need a higher burden to drive the armature
– when I turn on the generator in this panel my generator has an unstable frequency but when I operate it manually the frequency stabilizes. what may be the cause of this?
– Is your gen-set in synch with other gen?
– no sir.
What is voltage?
– plz check the gain & another setting for your operator panel
– there is no problem with the engine & gen-set itself it is the only problem with the operator panel feedback signal which will be generated as per setting
– Cause freq regulation is in generator itself not in Woodward
– we try to bleed fuel on the generator. but nothing happened
– I thought Woodward only does parallel synchronization and some protection functions but is only using small loads that’s why we don’t sync our generators.
– I looked at the manual for easygen. Actually, there is a function of frequency control. I have the same system
– But never got time to check every function in Woodward.
– I do check some functions but the configuration has a password. the management told me that the supplier has the access to its unit.
– does anyone knows about arc resistance and tower footing resistance value for the 765KV transmission line?
– I need to disable goose controls in the REF 615 ABB relay. Is it possible from HMI?
– who can assist me with an IED scout that’s licensed REG630 how to testing method DOPPDPR function Power Angle setting anyone to have a formula
– Could anyone be having transformer test guides preferably based on megger make test equipment?
– Paci’s configurator from Schneider, can anybody have this software if yes kindly send me the link, it’s urgent please help me
– Somebody has REX640 TERMINAL DIAGRAM?
– Does anyone know how to choose a zero-sequence transformer?
– In the VAMP300 relay display LED continues to glow without assign, without mapping with DI points. what is the issue please kindly suggest!
– Need help in ABB RVC APFC Relay programming.
– If anyone has a license for REB500. Can help me, please.
– ABB normally do not release that license which allows you to configure
31etap 12:00 – abb pcm600: The user license there isn’t much you can do with it.
– Kindly someone tells me that in C264 Relay, how to change synchro-check parameters and find the passwords?
– Connect to Cat tool to these devices n check network parameters. Trying to read the setting but the reading takes a few hours. Are there any solutions?
– I assume some delays in the network..try connecting them one-to-one if possible.
– Try to reboot the relay
– what could be the problem if Generator Shuts Down on High or Over Frequency, Over Frequency Runaway
– If you are connected to the grid Burn the rotor due to induced currents. If you are in islanders mode: damage the connected equipment.
– is it ok to run a generator that varies 59.9-60.1 frequency?
– Trying to read ABB RET 670, but the messages show up like this
– Any insights into this problem
– Does anyone knows how to add delay time in VT Fail ABB RED 670
– Not very sure but….Inconsistent state means the current values in PCM are not reflecting the ied values. If a reader does not resolve this try to see if there is a new version of PCM.
– 132kV transformer HV breaker was closed on NO load and the LV breaker was open, but suddenly differential relay operates and gives a differential trip. In the fault study, the HV side current was 860 Amp. Somebody tell me that what could be the reason?
– For how much time the transformer was on no load? 132/11.5kV?
-Approximately 10 to 15 minutes
-132/22 kV (wind power plant)
– There must b some issue,
– So this is not inrush
– Do TTR and winding resistance,
– If it is the newly commissioned plant then the issue will be in the relay setting otherwise check transformer winding…do the IR.
– I did an excitation test @ 10 kV and the results were OK.
– Plant is in operation for the last 4 years. You will have to do TTR and winding resistance to diagnose the matter, Hope you will get the problem by doing these tests,
– Any mechanical protection PRD, BUCH has operated. Did u retrieve the fault records from the relay?
– turns ratio test
– No trip from mechanical protection.
– In fault record HV current was 860Amp and LV current was 0 amp.
– Check the CT ratio adopted in the differential relay and what was the differential current setting adopted and actual current during relay operated?
– Transformer turns ratio
– 860AMP WAS SINGLE PHASE OR TWO PHASES OR IN 3 PHASES?
– In 3 phase
– Did you check the lighting arrester AT 132 KV SIDE?
– Yes surge arrestor can also be damaged or weakened, as you are using Yard CT for Differential protection
– do also check your HV arrestors
– Can anyone help me with the PACiS configurator?
– Physically that was OK, for counter I will check
– Do hipot test of arrestors, which might be differential tripped because of arrestors, If u have a secondary injection kit like Omron or Freja plz do the secondary injection to know that there is no problem from the relay side.
– can I ask why my plc doesn’t read flow?
– Check that the analog signal is reaching from your flow meter to plc?
– Check 4 to 20 amp signal
– Hello guys, does anyone know how to avoid distance trips when VT Fail occurred on 3 phases in REL 670?
– Anyone has any material for Artificial intelligence application in Protection?
– Pls help me how to install PCM 2.10
– Strongly recommend installing on virtual machines
– After 3~4 different versions, they always conflict and give errors.
– I run different virtual machines on the ESXi hypervisor.
– I need help to analyze this Disturbance Fault Record whether it is due to Lighting or Flash.
– It was a fault on Line Diff and Reclose on Phase R.
– Anyone Plz tell me, what is relay coordination and what its functions are?
– Line auto-reclosed successfully?
– We have 50/1 5p15 CT installed on a 33 kv feeder whose fault current initially was very less but now the Power supplier has installed a 50MVA transformer with 11% impedance
29etap08:55 – abb pcm600: And fault current is almost 8000Amps, I believe I need to upgrade protection CT to meet high fault current
– Can anyone suggest What’s the 33kv fault level?
– Now it is 8000 amps. Fault current level 50 MVA transformer installed at state electricity board substation and we are consumers with 33 kv feeder voltage
– 50MVA 220/33 KV star/ star connected transformer 11% impedance
– Is the ct used only for over current and earth fault?
– Yes 50,51, 50G, 51G
– Strictly speaking, I would put 200/1 5P40 2.5 VA. However, if the relays have CT saturation detection, you could go lower.
– What’s the relay being used?
– Do you have the CT test results. In particular the DC resistance of the CT.
-Can you give your consideration or calculations for this selection
– So you need an accuracy limit factor of 40, with a low burden.
– you won’t need much burden as the relay is numerical and installed inside the switchgear
– Your existing 50/1, 15 VA may actually work if you knew the DC resistance.
– Do I have to check with the CT testing kit??
– I believe CT supplier should have this information
– Yeah if you have test equipment (Omicron CR analyzer or similar) that should be easily possible
– That’s possible, however normally the manufacturer will not specify the DC resistance for 5P/10P class acts. No harm in asking them though
– CT’s Analyser
– Ok I will check with him today, as I don’t have an omicron kit available nearby That is the only option I have
– How you coordinate DC resistance with fault current?
– So if Rct<= 1.75 ohm, you can use it For a 50/1 A ct this may be achievable.
need to Replace 33 kv side CT with, 1000/1A, 5P10,15 VA With this approach, I’d reckoned to check the pickup values.
– Ynynd1 And tertiary (delta winding) is unloaded?
– Then no issue transformer will follow system phase sequence,
– What is the difference between IN-HV Deriv Angle and IN-HV Measd Angle on monitoring online?
– Derived means the neutral current has been calculated by summation of IA, IB, and IC whereas measured means neutral wire of ct secondary is connected to the neutral element of the relay, and it is actually being measured,
– What is a dead zone in protection??
– Dead zone is the Zone between CT & Open CB. It’s the point not seen in the zone of protection that of a relay. If a fault occurs at this point, the relay will not issue a trip. Usually between CT and breaker
– IN HV derive is neutral vector calculation, meanwhile In HV measured is a neutral REF winding
– We cannot say it is neutral ref winding until we see the setting of the relay,
– setting of the wiring diagram right. The relay and schematic drawing setting depict the connection of the ct secondary wires with the differential relay.
To join our WhatsApp groups, plz text our support team on WhatsApp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on WhatsApp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– How to calculate capacitor in mfd?
– Step by step distance quadrilateral characteristic for all zones how to draw. please give me any documents sir
– Please suggest Which one is better for bus voltage measurement Induction VT or Capacitive VT?
– Would selecting any of these two make any difference, especially in bus voltage measurements? I don’t think so.
– Capacitive surpass Power Line Carrier (PLC) otherwise they mau consider the cost of their design.
– Cost it seems IVT is more at higher voltages.
– Hi anyone has any training materials for IEC 61850 configuration and testing. Please share. Thanks in advance.
-Does it got configuration in IED scout?
– Anyone has a manual of ABB aux relay model RXPSU14n?
– everyone plz anyone tell me what are these feeders? 1. 11kv Substation loop feeder with fiber optic cable. 2. 11kv Substation loop feeder with pilot wire (send end supervision relay time). 3.11kv Substaion loop feeder with (receive end supervision relay type)
– Please tell me which terminals are going to be used for Carrier Send & Carrier Receive?
– this for scheme logic distance protection?
– From highlighted portion, u can understand
– Sir, 1& 2 for Carrier send and 5&6 for Carrier receive?
– Can anyone tell me details of these terminals, it’s an ABB make ACB, SACE PR 121/p ( SACE Emax E2), Open coil, closing coil, motor supply, then Indication ckt, Contactors ckt.
– Can anyone please name a few line auto reclosure 11kv and 11kv and 33kV fault passage indicator manufacturers based in India
– Can anyone give to the solution of board change ABB REF542+ relay
– Which type of communication cable require for ABB to make REF542plus?
– What could be the issue that the Ready LED is not glowing?
– Ready LED of D400 is not glowing..and our SLDC ppl are not getting data of the entire substation.
– Please suggest how to rectify the problem.
– If anybody has a 220KV substation all equipment SOP for operation & Maintenance. Please share
If interested in ETAP discussion Whatsapp group, send ETAP to me on Whatsapp, (Click)
– Have anyone idea about the overcurrent coordination between generator and generator transformer
– pls tell me how to decide Bus coupler CT ratio in the 220 kV Double bus bar system?
– Need IEC 60623
– Pls share if any member has it
– What is the busbar current rating, quad moose
– Can anyone reshare the pdf for electrical notes
– Anyone who knows Ziv relays plz contact me
– U want Ziv relay person no?
. PSCAD group
. Substation automation. Please
. SAS WhatsApp group
. ETAP WhatsApp group
. SAS WhatsApp group
. Substation Automation & SIPROTEC & DIGSI Whatsapp group
– please anyone has SEL 487v technical Manuel for negative sequence
– Hi, anyone knows ZIV SCADA?
– Can anyone send me the Complete Design calculation PCC/MCC with 11KV / 0.415 V Substation.
– Can anyone share the electrical notes latest version?
– Substation Automation & SIPROTEC & DIGSI Whatsapp group, please
– Hello guys I should to cables tray, 90 degrees, 60 degrees, 45 degrees, and upsets and down set formula please help me
– our generator after start display come like this why my friend’s please give solution
– I have Relay GE 369
The password is forgotten How do I open it? How do I delete the old one and make a new password and delete the old one?
– Password reset is done in GE Canada only
– Can anyone give me information on how much the Clearance for 132/33/11 kV windings and the tank for 63 or 90 MVA according to IEC? Our Company design? And if possible the description of how the oil insulation process works according to this distance?
– Mean insulation between HV winding and tank
– anyone please share the HVDC station Single Line Diagram.
– Can any one of the engineers having p632 transformer differential protection calculations.
I had calculations for p633
– P633 is for 3 winding transformer differential protection and P632 is for 2 winding ones?
– I had dealt with 642 and 643
– Relays in transformer differential
– I have No idea on 63 series
– We are using P643 as 3-winding Transformer differential protection. And P-633 as Overall differential protection comprising Generator, Generator Transformer, and Auxiliary transformer
Does anyone have a document SLD for the bay Reactor? Please share with me..thanks
– If anyone has a REM615 backup file please share.
– Plz share anyone Modbus function codes
-Astrum. anyone has software for this converter
– Type rs232 to USB converter drivers. Micom (Areva) P121 software version is 6.H relay don’t connect with relay
– Using Micom s1 studio and Micom s1agile
– I downloaded all data models still same error present
– Change the USB port of your laptop and try again
– Go to device manager on the laptop
– Check driver settings
– Assign as per p121 communication parameters
– Is your OS Windows 10? Then it will be working without a driver. To check whether it is working go to Device manager and see the listed Com ports.
– I downloaded the software now it’s working
– No 10
– Please share this relay terminals details.. 12 and 34 are NO/NC contacts
– 9 & 10 are current coil
– After coil operation. what is the status of NO contact
– 3&4 would normally be used for trip wiring as it has a trip isolator switch in series.. see the red tab on the grab handle of the relay.
– This particular model is a self-powered type. So terminals 5,6,7,8 are not used. Power is derived from CT terminals 9&10.
– Can anyone give settings for this transformer relay Areva P633?
– All that you need from this nameplate are
1. Trxm rating 20000kVA
– Anyone please share the Operating time formula for Normal. Inverse 1.3 seconds curve.
– this is for the Normal Inverse 3 seconds curve I think
– In the case of 1.3 inverse curve instead of 0.1414 take-ups 0.0613 value should be used.
– Does the Overcurrent Highset setting for the feeder depends on the Transformer capacity in the substation?
– Suppose bus fault current 12 KA, and no of connected 3, den 4ka per tr, 400O o/ c high set. Instantaneous
– You are very correct in order to preserve the transformer life span
– we have 132/33 kV and 220/33 kV substations with 33 kV Feeders…one of my friends told me Overcurrent Highset depends on Transformer capacity.
– how to decide on the highest pls tell me?
– The sum of all the feeder’s load must be equal to your transformer LV capacity. it depends on the load on each feeder. See bus fault current first u HV 2 calculate For both the cases then divided it by no. Of tr.
– Make it ur hv o/c high set
– Tr mva/ tr percentage impedance. Highest fault mva for ur transformer
– We also face difficulty with the password of this relay. YouTube videos did not help.
How can we reduce the tripping of the transformer due to inrush current?
– Transformer 10MVA,66/11KV
HV side CT ratio 125/1A
LV side CT ratio 800/1 A
Relay Micom P642
– Settings of harmonic
– If I’m not wrong, in modern transformers because of core material, the Inrush current harmonics are sometimes less than 20% of the fundamental frequency component due to which differential relay operates. So, we can keep the setting at 15%. For second harmonics we can keep this at 15%
– anyone knows passwords to change settings?
– please tell me what is the general delay time used for Overcurrent or Earth Fault Highset protection?
-Depend on your coordination
– To allow line zone 1 to clear fault first
– hi, anyone has a ZIV RELAY course about programming its logical control, and interlocks? I need to understanding completely but is not possible only to use the manual brand, located on their website.
-Anyone faced this problem while adding a relay to the IEC station in sip5?
– If anyone having Sepam relay thermal calculation sheet please share it with me.
– if CT gets saturated .what is the solution after CT gets saturated. We want to replace CT or any other solution
– CT secondary current flow to the secondary winding
– How are confirming that CT got saturated?
– Sir for knowledge purposes if CT gets saturated in future
If we observe these types of the problem in the future, how can we overcome these types of problems?
– Which purpose bypass resistor is used in Modbus communication?
– What is the burden of your CTs?
– Saturation is purely a magnetic property issue. So there is no alternative solution to do corrections in the circuit rather than core replacement.
– You need not replace your CT there are ways to demagnetize the ct
– Can you explain in detail the theory of core saturation in ct
– How can we demagnetize the CT? We had followed demagnetization in transformer ..whenever we got erroneous values while testing dc winding resistance
– The easiest way to demagnetize a CT is to apply the test current at a level that approaches its excitation ‘knee’, then slowly decrease the input current to zero. This can be done with secondary excitation or primary current injection.
– I think some testers offer this option, Like omricon ct analyzer
– Can you explain why you need to replace your ct?
– What is the solution to these types of problem
– Anyone having a method Statement for how to create logic for Sepam Relay using SFT2841
– we are getting the above error when communicating with RET650. Please tell us what could be the problem?
– Rollback package software needs to be updated using the Update manager of PCM600
– I could not find the Rollback package software. It’s in update manager, select relevant relay IED connectivity package. In that package, there is one rollup package that’s automatically installed.
– 33 kV ABB circuit breaker Trip coil and close coil have a PCB connected to them. Pls, tell me what is the use of that PCB?
– I think PCB is meant for capacitive tripping device CTD. CTD separate unit is present sir
– black color portion in the above image
– Check the drawing, While Exporting, Icd from Abb relay -PCM 600 the icd file in Browser, showing TEMPLATE
– In scheme ..no drawing of PCB…the electronic ckt PCB meant for coil protection purpose / to safeguard coil.
As the coil is designed for a short time not for continuous.
– what kind of protection is used, sir?
– what are the steps to be followed when synchronizing a new 220 kV Transmission Line to an existing 220 kV Bus?
– Anyone has a WINCC script for the addition of tags and displays on the HMI screen.
– This is a 220 kV ABB make LTB245E1 type circuit breaker. Please tell what is the use of S7-A circled in the above figure
– Did you look up S7 in legends?
– I think you could find working philosophy in the breaker manual
– It is mentioned Blocking switch but the function of it is not mentioned anywhere?
– For emf voltage discharge
– They are opposite
– I think they are for an anti-pumping system, isn’t it?
– Anti-pumping will come only in the Closing path. This is an AC motor (Spring charge) circuit I think.
– Spring charge also needs to be cut off, so I thought the Motor Cut off will be via Q1 contacts in series. S7 contact is, like AN said, for discharging stored EM energy in the motor winding.
– Anyone knows how to download cid file from sepam relays and how to do goose configuration?
– Hello guys, please how do I program the LED of ABB REF615. My main challenge is to change the parameter setting from false to true.
– Hello colleagues, I have a question, in case there is a fault on the 33kv or 11 kV side is there any impact on 132kv side protection equipment? Mean did the protection will sense the fault?
– overcurrent relays on 33kv from TP, maybe send a trigger From application configuration
– Yes 132 side will sense the downstream faults but it will work as backup protection for downstream protection
– Dear all, in abb REM 615 RELAY, HOW WE CHANGE NO OF HOT START FROM 1 TO 2, WHICH PARAMETERS OF STPPMSU HAVE TO CHANG?
– How to calculate phase sequence angle in cable
– Anyone pls explain how to set the power calculation for the reverse power relay…
-How to calculate the size of earthing cable for DCS or PLC?
– SQL SERVER MAKE MANUAL START, Then open PCM Again
– Please reply to this expert
-1.press windows +R
2. type services. MSc and enter
3.right-click on SQL server (PCMSERVER) AND THEN START
– when do I start services?
– Reinstall the SQL server 2014
– Please can anyone help me with the primary impedance R1 + jx1/ km and R0 +jx0/km value of a Bear conductor ASCAR 250mm² with a diameter of 23.45mm
– Hello guys! Anyone working with GE Multilin D30? I have a relay that seems to be unconfigured on distance. Backup OC and EF are enabled but seems no contact is assigned for tripping though it shows indication during testing. 50/51, 50N/51N
– Power Swing Block is used and activated in Distance Relay to block its operation in case of Swing period disturbance
– It’s not about definition. I want ABC concerning enervista.
– Emanuel starts reading the D30 manual.
– What should be OLTC AVR relay PT Lower and raise voltage settings.
– Secure Premium 300 energy meter is showing like this in the parameters..please tell me what is its meaning?
– CT low means very fewer amps detected by ct
– What is the meaning of VT polarity?
-VT polarity means instant of increasing live terminal to positive is the same instant of increasing live terminal in secondary to positive in this case polarity is good and this secondary terminal is x1 and x2 is grounded. But if vice versa x2 become life and x1 is grounded For VT polarity Test the same ways of CT polarity Test
– Is it affect relay operation
– Of course, if this relay is Directional or Distance or Reverse power Relays and also if powering measuring device as kwh meter
By joining our WhatsApp and Telegram groups, Discuss with international electrical engineers and solve your problems about electricity. You can also take benefit of our free files and see our training packages at the link below:
For more services, send a message to our WhatsApp support number, (Click)
– What do we have to check if the transformer tripped in?
– DGA, Insulation, Ratio, Magnetic balance and Winding Resistance
– Hi guys, do you know where I could find a bibliography for protection for photovoltaic systems connected on the grid? I need to know a siemens V4 relay can work as a time source for Micom relays
– Magnetising current, Short circuit impedance tests of the transformer are also important to check for any deformation of windings. Turns ratio test and DC resistance test of winding.
– SFRA test is also one of the diagnostic tests but it’s not done in most the companies
– Do you mean the bandwidth (this determine when the tap to shift up/down)?
– Please tell the ‘distance’ below which ‘Line Differential Relay’ should be used for protection of 220 kV or 132 kV Transmission line?
– Line differential use mostly for underground cable not over a headline for e.g RED670 Abb line differential and for OHL REL670 will be used
-In addition, RED670 have the ability to protect distance too
– sir, why is it that Differential is used for cable and not a line?
– Because with differential you are normally using fiber Optic, laying parallel with feeder. It is common to use line differential for underground cable and distance relays for overhead feeders
– Cant we have line diff if we have OPGW with the line?
– As much I know there is no distance length specified for Line differential relays. Line differential protection is also being used in overhead lines especially short lines and for high voltage lines that have redundant protection such as 400 kv
– Yes I think it is possible, the line can be used with opgw too, but I never face that actually in our system
– anyone has 2 phase transmission line with ‘line Differential protection’?
Line differential protection is being used for very short lines say less than 1 km. We are using it on 550 meters 220kv line.
– will anyone please the type of curve used by Indian railways for Overcurrent protection of the traction feeders?
– Very inverse characteristics
– why is it used and not Normal Inverse or Extremely Inverse?
– Main protection is overcurrent protection for railways. they adopt very inversely in the downstream network. so for relay coordination, we use the same curve
– Anyone knows how to configure goose signal at abb PCM software.pls share documents if u have
– How to check I/O Status in sepam80 relay
– In HMI, Or Software
– I have used this once before, now I am not getting it
– Once Relay is Connected with ur Lap, There is Spanner Symbol Available in Icons, Open it, Directly it will go to I/O Monitoring In HMI, Press Main Menu, U ll Get IO page Directly, Press Enter then Side Arrow for Next page
– Does the main menu mean this one?
– Press 13, then Options will come as I
– If I am using this protection output in logipam, then where I want to enable it and give settings
-For 50/51N_1_3, I enabled unit 1. Then where I have to give set. In groups A 3 or 1
– Anyone please share the Power Swing testing file for Omicron CMC356?
– Anyone has EMCO AVR relay service engineer contact no in india
– How to calculate transmission line loss from line length
– i^2 * (unit R/km*line length) will give for one
– Dears how to activate the help file “about” in digsi4 software
– Anybody has a manual for ETL 41 ABB PLCC equipment?
– In EMCO AVR relay at the parallel of PT supply component used which is burnt is capacitor or resistor
– To test directional earth fault relay, voltage I’m giving is healthy and how much current to give and its the angle In earth, fault make voltage less in one phase
– Your test will fail because you inject a healthy phases voltage, that’s mean there is no zero-sequence voltage needed to operate the relay. You should simulate a real fault, if an earth fault happens to phase A the voltage of this phase will drop to a low value
– I’m trying to press the about button but the help doesn’t open the specific tab explain ‘ although I reinstall the device drivers
– Install the Device driver with help from the siemens site
– Already installed but it appears as a total manual in pdf, not an individual parameter
– Anyone has logic for soft on manual close command in p444 micom
Anybody having Pre-commissioning and Commission procedure or MOS for Substation Upgrade projects
– What is the Siprotec 5 Relay Password??
– 6 times 0
– Tried, not Working
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– I am facing a problem with the SFT2841 authorization code/registration.
-Register with ur mail ID, code link will come
– U can give any mail ID, and number. It will get registered.
– I got it registered. But still can not log into the Sepam, any ideas
– Do you use a USB to serial adapter or do you have a built-in serial port?
– What’s the relay model
– Is this cable fit for Front port communication?
– Hello everyone I had a problem with the siemens Siprotec 7vk61 relay it is not measuring injected current and the relay is not showing measurements could anyone please help me out with this
– Relay showing measurements in
is there any Error led?
– No led
-Try to initialize the
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on Whatsapp (Click)
– MLFB file with the same version, Then configure as per your system Then check
– For what purpose was this relay used?
– Breaker Management
– Eg, like TIE bays
– AR for a tie, and all
– Inside the software, you checked the measurements?
– It is showing this on measurements
– Error in IED
– Yes also it is not showing in Digsi software
– Check the Control options in Relay
-Anyone having Areva P521 pilot wire Relay Technical Manual.
Need Areva, not Schneider.
– How to find the slope for low impedance REF in Sepam T81
– Please tell me What value of Contact Resistance is acceptable for 33 /132/220/400 kV Circuit breakers?
– ABB de 30 a 40 micro ohm
– The contact resistance value depends on the current of the circuit and not on the voltage.
– You should evaluate the manufacturer’s tests also evaluate the dissipated power in the resistance found. Then compare with the short circuit power of the circuit breaker
– If I install the 7sr100 RK all template then I got the 7sr100 r4h-1a. Is it’s crt?
U install Rk range
– H series will come In a minimum of all templates. the 7vk61 is not showing measurements do anyone have a solution for it?
– Anyone with guide notes for using sverker 780 relay tester On vamp relay?
– What is this infuse failure relay?
– Looks like selenium rectifier 3 phase. Also called a metal rectifier
can anyone help me with how to test overexcitation on the generator by CMC? V/f =1.2
– Voltage KV rating how much?
– There are two methods to check, one is increasing voltage and the second decreasing frequency method.
2. Keep voltage constant and decrease frequency. In both cases, plz continues to monitor the v/f meter on display.
– Do anyone has a solution for this relay it is not showing measurements
– Kindly check the logs once. I was assuming that there is a configuration issue. Because device healthy condition.
Apart from that, this is a sync relay so there is no ct connection and this window is for current measurement.
– Sorry not Sync it is auto recolse relay
– Trigger the check syn Input, Manual, or Give all measurements properly.
– What is the best method to find zero sequence impedance of line?
– U have to take it from the conductor manufacturer he provides you with R0 and X0 and you can calculate.
– Ct are connected
– How can I synchronize the relay time and date with the laptop time and date in siprotec 5 Siemens relays
– How to check this curve 2 in sepam m87 relay?
– anyone has ideas for loss off comm on SIEMENS 7SR1811? we checked the fiber comm is ok but the commlink still failed.
– How you checked fiber communication?
– by applying laser light end to end.
– when we read this error coming to any solution to read ABB Rec670
– Kindly provide auto reclose logic for ABB bcu. For one and a half scheme 400kv.
– There are two SEL relays for the same line prot. have different order numbers while one comm. the channel used for direct fiber and one used with media converter. Still found a comm. Fail can you help
– can I use PCM 600 for version 2.8 in the relay?
– Yes. But must have the connectivity package of the relay you are communicating.
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on Whatsapp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– Does anyone know how to communicate Double F6150e with the F6300?
– Use the network for communication using pc.
– Can I change power disconnectors or isolator’s control in substations from working by classic control to work by PLC (programmable logic controller)?
– Same generators on parallel connection but one either not taking load or shedding of load at 50%. What can be the coz?
– Anyone knows the cable testing IEC formula for both ac and dc?
– We have a 7SJ62 Siemens relay protection. In the event log, the time and date have a question mark. The source protocol of our device is Ethernet NTP. Why do we have a question mark on the time and date of the event?
– Your device time is not Sync with GPS Clock
– Pls guide anyone on how to check the spring charge motor trip test using the B10E megger kit
– I need advice on protection on a 132kV transmission line to connect to a solar PV plant producing 92MW.
– This is the first generating plant like this proposed in the country.
– Does anyone know how to make logic equations in Areva P921?
– Exact solution for this?
– This problem is coming in Digsi while communicating via USB.
– In the taskbar, there is comtask32 close that first then close DIGSI and restart with run as administrator or restart the laptop
– Apart from this?
– Means I don’t know
– This happens whenever you disconnect the device in online mode. If this is happening only one or two times while communicating the device then you have to follow the same procedure as mentioned.
– However, if the same thing happens after doing this then you have to repair your DIGSI.
– DIGSI repair also tried the Same problem arising, Random at some periods Some Times.
– devices connected? After repairing
– Different devices only, Then try to connect in another project don’t connect on the same file,
– I’m, using DIGSI for a while.
– Randomly I have got this error, Once this error came almost all times same error repeat while communicating, Still, I could get the Proper solution for this, and also cause for this error, I have searched In DIGSI manual
But nothing was mentioned regarding Comtask32. All the minor checks – All seems okay
– Problem in Siprotec 4. I’m using software 4.93
– then you have to reinstall your windows as well DIGSI.
– I’ve faced this issue in different laptops / different os too.
– How could we check trip log and event log in IED Scout in siemens Siprotech Relays
– What is the type of this FO port, please?
– LC/SC/ST like this?
– these two, please?
– The above relay has FO LC-type rear ethernet port and its protocol is IEC60870-5-103. Will it support time synchronization with SANDS make GPS?
– Abb rec670 relay restarting again after double point status included. Does anyone know how to solve this restarting issue please send me a message
– This change is in the 61850?
– No just changed binary input status
– What will be the default password for GE L90?
– It is showing local access denied while changing settings from HMI. I am getting this error when I send application configuration to the relay REF 615
– I can able to read but am not able to write what will be the reason!? please anyone who knows how to solve this issue message me.
– Can someone help me to configure this relay ABB REF 541?
– Breaker feeding primary of 6.6/.415 kv transformer is tripping on earth fault during inrush
– 6.6kv is grounded through 50 Amps NGR
– 51n is set at 10 amps idmt at 200 Msec
– 50n is set at 20amps dt at 50 msec
– Please guide for the 68 settings in ABB ref 615 relay
– It’s tripping on Earth fault Highest function?
– Earth fault’s highest setting may be less. We keep it as 8-10 times of idmt setting. For example, if CT is 600/1A, then earth fault highest function is kept at 2A(10 times of 0.2A)
– anyone having a thermal overload calculation sheet for the transformer kindly shares
– Transformer testing
– Please tell me What is the use of the rings in the above Voltage Transformer?
– Any sip5 engineer who knows to change the phase current name for DR?
– Hi everyone I am facing this problem for ABB615. Whenever I gave the read from IED that time showing this error.. – — How can I solve those errors and read relay files from the relay?
-Anyone pls send me the ABB REF615 Relay version 5.0.13 relay connectivity package
– Use and update manager or go to their website
– The updated manager has no option for searching
– Kindly update the license by right click on the relay and use the license updation tool.
– Please, can anyone help. CB always trips back after single-phase Auto reclose. The PD is the 60s
– Kindly make it clear?
– After the relay give AR command to the CB it will close and trip back immediately and after that, the CB will trip other phases on PD. I’m doing commissioning the line, not charge
– Here showing option 5.0.1. But I need 5.0.13. how can I download the package
– Did you check for any trip signal presented to the single-pole trip relays?
– Yes. The feedback is on the relay to test set.
– Breaker should be in a close position for AR
– In the open condition, AR should block
– It was in a close position and I trip the CB with the relay on 21Z1 Ph-G fault. Then CB open and the relay send a reclose command
– Did you check the outputs which are getting high on single-phase trips?
– I have checked it very well because the test kit shows the duration of the trip. About 0.038s
– No other outputs are getting high?
– Disable TOR function and then check
– Trip on reclose function which is there in every numerical relay
– Disable this function and then check the auto reclose
– Correct CB state must be provided for the AR relay/21 for AR to work. As I understand AR will work if the CB is open, not when it is closed, along with other interlock conditions.
– The problem is that the CB is reclosing and trip back immediately, Which means some trip signal is tripping it. it’s not the ar logic which is at fault.
– You need to remove the particular phase’s trip input to the single-phase trip relay and then try a reclosing function test.
– If it works, you are going to find out which relay keeps issuing the trip positive to the 1 phase trip relay.
– If you reclose the CB from the AR function of the relay, the CB close and remains. If there is an output that is high it should not stay
– That’s the logic.
– The problem happens only when I trip the CB from Close to open and back to close?
– You can check also a timer on CB for pole discrepancy. sometimes you need to delay more for reclosing test.
– That s a basic check. make sure that the dead time is not more than the reclaim time & PD time. Even though as per your description it’s not what trips the CB on reclosing.
– Adjust the timer on CB after that reclose successfully signal to come.
– If it’s a new CB, after conducting the CB closing timing test, set the deadtime above the closing time of CB too.
– it’s a new CB
– Normally, the closing time is 100msec and the dead time is set as 1sec. Remove other 2 phases trip relays and then apply single-phase fault with one trip relay. Check if AR works
– Keep one trip relay in circuit with other trip relays drawn out
– Suppose you apply Red phase fault, keep the red phase trip relay in the circuit
– If others are there definitely it will trip the CB on 3Ph
– That’s what we are doing
– you apply Red phase to the earth fault using the testing kit and keep Red phase trip relay in the circuit
– Have you checked that Breaker is closing on Single phase fault AR and then tripping? If others are active the relay will show TrpA, TrpB, and TrpC
– it’s closing on ar, but again tripping on single-phase trip relay, And later due to PD timer, remaining phases trip too
– You said that it’s again tripping on the Trip relay. Check the Auxiliary contact 52A of the circuit breaker which is in series with the trip coil. This contact can malfunction. This contact is meant to break the DC circuit of the Trip relay
– If the trip relay remains in the energized state it can again trip the breaker
20 WhatsApp Groups for protection engineers
– Electric duct heater 240 volts, 3500 w what are meggar valves
– This would not lead to a successful Autorecloser.
– If the CB aux switch s faulty and a trip signal persists, the TC will get burned out.
– Yes, the trip coil can burn
– But I don’t find any other reason. I think they need to check trip coil resistance too,
– As the coil has not burned, it’s not the CB aux switch that s causing the issue.
– Can we extract fault waveform, I mean one more thing needs to be checked: the testing kit needs to stop injecting fault after the first trip, is it being ensured.
– Correct! And if the kit feedback point of the trip is correct.
– Yes I confirmed it. It shows 0.038s
– If you remove feedback the test kit continues
– Check the Programming logic of the relay, maybe Autoreclose digital output signal may have been connected to the trip output contact of Relay
– Check the PSL or configuration of the Distance relay. I have only a three-phase supply without neutral, in my system newly 1 phase loads are being added. how can I provide neutral wire to these loads, without implementing any Trafo (Delta-Wye)?
– Hi guys. How Can I reset these ledes?
-Reset, then reset indication LEDs, Check the BB switch if it’s on or off.
– I did it but it doesn’t work.
– Where can I find BB switch?
– On the same panel
– This is the sepam Relay s configuration,
– Why we are using () In not gate function. is it mandatory to use the set brackets?
– Not Required
– If u Want to Invert an Input, U Can use it NOT directly. So set brackets Were not important, right?
– What is the meaning of this error code, please? p343
– This error code means that analog input module serial E2ROM Failure.
– We advise replacing analog input modules through an authorized repair center.
– Anyone knows how to trigger DR in sip 4 either online or manually?
– Open relay online and go to test then double click on test waveform, DR will be triggered.
– HMI in LabView with IEC 61850 (MMS) Communication
-It’s just a simulation or HILT (LOOP IN TESTING)?
– First I configure the SEL 751 in QuickSet software, then I use the SEL Architect software for IEC 61850 configuration, in the end, I use the RELAB OPC SERVER software to read the reports I created and the software transforms them into OPC signals and the LabView can read that data in real-time. You can also use Kepserverx to transform MMS or GOOSE data to OPC
– Value under switch on condition means in case of differential
– I have good knowledge of digsi4 but no knowledge of digsi5 software. Anyone has any guidelines to access digsi5. I need to see how the signal is configured for SAS OR GOOSING.
– Actually in 5 no need to assign any signal for IEC all are pre-configured
– In the file, there is the option of IEC structure …on that, you can see
– Anybody Simulated signals from IED SCOUT?
– This block “MVGAPC1” is used for SAS in the REF615, but I don’t need it to appear on the events
– can anybody tell me the difference between short-term overcurrent trips and long-term overcurrent trips?
-What is the password of SEL 551?
-Try TAIL Or OTTER
– Sometimes the password for ftp might be FTPUSER too. If you have quickset settings, you will get the information in it
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on WhatsApp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
-Does anyone face time inaccuracy in OMICRON CMC256 only if trip time < 1-second?
-What are you testing?
– What are you using? Quick CMC, state sequence, or auto?
– We use a 125V DC system for our substations. The string consists of 93 NiCad cells. The charger is SENS. The only settings available on the charger are FLOAT, set at 1.37VpC 122V, and EQUALIZE, set at 1.57Vpc 138V. These values appear to be assuming the string consists of 88 cells.
– Should I just adjust the FLOAT to 130V?
-I don’t see any way to set the number of cells in the string.
-How separate furreol in canon mk2600 printer?
-Anyone worked on Micom 546 relay. Line differential relay? I am facing one problem that the tx of differential communication getting on-off frequently in back relay tx is getting
on-off, or in your mux, In HMI of relay
– Value is getting 1 and 0.
– maybe you can check in measurement 4 in display relay, same or not with tx on HMI.
– What is the password of this relay SR-489?
-The factory default passcode is zero (0)
– Also, you can try state sequence.
– just an update Was able to find in the setting where there is the number of cells for the string but was not allowed to change the value which was found to be 93.
– we Will try to contact the manufacturer to address this.
– What’s the difference between WCDM11 type relay and WCD type? Both are reverse power protection relays but can we interchange them?
– how I install DIGSI 4 in windows 8 or windows 10?
-Hi the above relay SIEMENS show the error LED and monitor SMS.
– can you help me to solve this issue? Busbar relay 7ss52?
– Actually, it falls back in monitor mode, go down there will be one option of reset. do that.
-Yes. Otherwise, nothing will show in time
-hi, could anyone shares PDF standard library “IEC 60255-6 ELECTRICAL RELAYS -PART6:MEASURING RELAYS AND PROTECTION EQUIPMENT”?
– Does anyone have a manual for this relay or how to read the settings for this relay?
– Which relay?
– Micom p444
– Once switch off auxiliary supply And switch on
– I have a question about inrush on the Transmission line:
– Is it inrush current created during energizing of under-ground transmission line? On voltage levels of 132kV and 6.5KM
– No, inrush current produces during charging of transformer.
– Anyone has Rio file for field failure and pole slip?
What is the default password of this Siemens Relay?
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on WhatsApp: https://elec-engg.com/whatsapp-group-for-protection-engineers/
– Why u need To communicate and see Fault Recorder
– I think It can be used HMI only And Modbus communication ports only available
– Ok. That is also ok. I can use that only as long as I have the respective firmware.
– Guys anyone has this book?! Can anyone upload it??
– Transformer Inspection and Testing (Electrical Power Plant Maintenance Book 1) pdf
– Hello anyone works this type of MDB?
– This is not MDB. looks likes the control panel.
– Sir Are you working on this panel?
– Looks like if SC and Rtu panel
– Please send a link goes to download TDMS software for DRTS 64 testing kit
– Hi does anyone have MComp suite software of L& t relays?
2. To compare hardware configuration between PCM600 & IED, click on icon C.
3. You can see PCM Configuration & IED configuration & information saying Confirmation is matching.
4. create an intentional difference in Hardware configuration by changing & saving it. Then compare Hardware configuration to see the changes made.
5. You can see the difference in IED and PCM configuration ( highlighted) & information saying configuration is miss-matching.
6. Change the Display type & compare after saving it.
7. You can compare configuration by click IED, compare configuration
8. To print Hardware configuration, click on magnifier icon
9. To save this report or hardware configuration, click on Save icon
These pictures are part of our supplementary files for ABB PCM 600 training that is mix with Oral explanations to help you in the best way of understanding this course. These auxiliary files have gathered and attached to our ABB PCM600 training course, you can get more information by clicking on the following link: