This tutorial demonstrates the modeling and editing of relay protective devices. The tutorial has been designed for the user who has already used and is familiar with the basic functions and structure of PowerFactory.
DIgSILENT has set standards and trends in power system modeling, analysis, and simulation for more than 25 years. The proven advantages of the PowerFactory software are its overall functional integration, its applicability to the modeling of generation-, transmission-, distribution- and industrial grids, and the analysis of these grids’ interactions. With PowerFactory Version 15, DIgSILENT presents a further step towards seamless integration of functionality and data management within a multi-user environment.
DIgSILENT PowerFactory is the most economical solution, as data handling, modeling capabilities, and overall functionality replace a set of other software systems, thereby minimizing project execution costs and training requirements. The all-in-one PowerFactory solution promotes highly-optimized workflow. DIgSILENT PowerFactory is easy to use and caters to all standard power system analysis needs, including high-end applications in new technologies such as wind power and distributed generation and the handling of very large power systems. In addition to the stand-alone solution, the PowerFactory engine can be smoothly integrated into GIS, DMS, and EMS supporting open system standards.
Here are some key features of “DIgSILENT PowerFactory”:
- Geographic Diagrams and enhanced tools for visualizing topological network structures
- Optimal Power Supply Restoration functions
- Enhanced Reliability Assessment for balanced and unbalanced networks
- Voltage Profile optimization for bi-directional power flows
- Arc-Flash calculation (IEEE1584, NFPA 70E) incl. label printing
- Automatic Cable Sizing (IEC 60364-5-52, NF C15-100, NF C13-200, BS 7671, etc.)
- Static Motor Starting simulation
- Simulation Scan module
- Techno-Economic Evaluation of grid expansion strategies
- New and improved electrical models (MV load, secondary substations, single-phase static generator, PLL model, CVT, improved cable parameter calculation, etc.)
- Database offline mode with local caching and re-synchronization, automatic rule-based database housekeeping
- Revised user interface with tools for customization by means of user profiles
- New comprehensive real-world application examples with video presentations
Template networks in Digsilent to test the transient state package
- 2Bus: Parallel Line
- 9Bus: Example Digsilent: Power Swing
- Single Line