Hello, thank you for visiting our website.
Join our WhatsApp and Telegram groups, talk to the world’s electrical engineers and solve your problems about protection relays and substation automation.
To know details about our new course (PCM 600), click the link below:
various Electrical Engineers from the Substation Automation segment here all around the world are gathered. To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please click here to join the Whatsapp Groups+
Sample group discussion:
– could you please share apart from ABB/Siemens/GE/Alstom/SEL relay do you come across or experienced any GOOD protection relays
– Ashida also good protection relays
– yes, heard some products are approved in UAE
– ASHIDA’s presence is there in UAE, Kuwait, Oman, KSA in the Middle East.
– They Have all Types of Relay & Controller?
– Anyone Dealing with Smart Grid Controller?
– eXP / REF601 is a feeder protection relay for protection and control Feeder protection and control (Numerical relays)
– ABB REG 670 Gen protection
RET 670 t/f protection
REL 670 line protection
BEST ELECTRICAL KNOWLEDGE PLATFORM WITH VERIFIED ENGINEERS, you can join by text on WhatsApp: +98912961365
😊😊😊 JUST VISIT OUR PAGE: https://elec-engg.com/
To join, Please send “interested” on WhatsApp number: +98912961365
Click here to join these groups on whatsapp
Join our WhatsApp Groups, just text us on WhatsApp +989129613659
– Please find the attached document which reflect the contents that we will – ETAP LECTURE SCHEDULE.pdf
– Anybody can guide me about,zero-sequence current?
– I have only phase CT and residual connection.
– If no CBCT available then I0 how I can take it in line.
– What equipment, and Model?
– L&t ACB Breaker and mm10 relay.
– You have required to give the settings of measured earth fault protection in the relay, so by residual connection io directly come into line.
Telegram group link Protection Relay Discussion Group:
– Anyone knows how to check the capacitor with a multimeter
– CHECK THE AMPERE ON EACH PHASE IF IT IS HEALTHY IT WILL SHOW AMPERE ON EACH PHASE RESPECTIVELY… IF PHASE SHOWS ZERO AMP THEN IT IS DAMAGED
– Can anyone helps to identify, in actual what is the main fault? It occurs from last week
– master and o/c & E/F fault relay trip. And Simultaneously line Side SF6 breaker trip
– We have 9 MVA, two power transformers in 66 kV Switchyard Fault occur only on transformer 1 and only line Side SF6 breaker trip, I don’t understand this?? Please help
– O/c & e/f I think backup protection for short circuit or internal faults inside the TR.. check your protection scheme to understand further.
– all I can tell u is, it may be a heavy imbalance in the loading of the line. if it occurs once in a while & goes away… please note this & revise your settings through relay coordination.
– Anyone here, who can tell me about solenoid?
– Like this one solenoid
– Our Switchyard SLD, also incase SF6 breaker out of 3 poles 1 pole does not get close ( remains open). Kindly check this out.
– PTT-20201021-WA0000.opus (file attached)
– On my site, 33kv ht cable IR values are R=60 megaohm, Y=1 gigaohm, B =1 gigaohm. Please give suggestions if energies the cable.
– How much voltage injected into the cable?
– 1000 volt
Please send the group numbers which you are interested in on WhatsApp number: +989129613659
– Try to inject 5kv. From my experience, If you got the same value you can charge the cable.
– 60 megaohm is acceptable if I injected 5kv.
– If is it possible to keep the cable in sunlight, then conduct IR you can get better value.
– I had charged the 11kv bus when I got cable IR around 10 M ohm.
– Clean the cable jointing kit perfectly, then means if you find any carbon in cable termination. IR value can also improve by doing this.
– Around 1km cable laid
– I Am not saying to clean all the cable. Just clean only the HV Termination kit.
– If it is possible to try to do a route survey also as per standard minimum of 100 megaohms is required?
– Use a blower to heat the termination side it is ht sleeve
– Can anyone tell me the difference between the Hipot test and the IR Test of cables??
– In the Hipot test, we check magnetic earth leakage current. In IR test check cable insulation.
– the procedure in the Hipot test if it’s 11 KV we have to apply 28 kV for 1 minute and measure the leakage current in Milliamps, in IR test we have to use 5 KV DC Megger and measure the resistance in megaohms
– Why it is 28kv? why can’t we measure with 5kv?
– The Hipot test formula =80%((2*rated voltage) +1kv)
– In the formula, it’s not coming 28 kV
– For your understanding, I send the Hipot test voltage of switchgear as per standard, for differentiating Hipot and IR Test.
– How to increase normal current from 0.4 to. 08 by ABB REJ501 relay?
– Ct ratio 125/1 amps
Now want to change .4 to.8.
– Hi anybody has an idea how to calculate the THDi from my current measurements Without the use of a Multifunction meter?
– Why impedance correction factor is needed for short circuit analysis
– anybody used line differential relay 7SD8021? Please share the setting details.
– where this relay is used?
– Please I need a Test Report Format for REU615 as a Synchronization Relay
– Any one can help, this contactor is not on that’s why my motor not on…..any possibility
– Underground cable testing procedures.
– Check the coil and auxiliary contacts, check control supply and main supply
– I working on a 66/33 kV substation plant trip due to the VT fuse failure alarm. How to troubleshoot VT fuse Failure alarm?
– Please check the relay configuration. VT fuse fail should not go for tripping only for alarm need to be configured.
– Check the fuse may be broken, and I have also faced the same issue.
– Here alarm command parallel-connected master trip relay.
– It should give only a fuse fail alarm, but it should not give tripping signals.
VT fuse failure relay
To join our discussion groups, send “interested” on our WhatsApp team: +98912961365
– what is the use of short circuit analysis in relay setting calculation of a line or transformer? Why, because line settings are mainly calculated from the line impedance only not on short circuit data & similarly for transformer relay setting also from Transformer MVA & Tap setting are mostly needed.
– What is the contribution of short circuit analysis to distance relay & differential relay settings?
– what will you find when visiting a power station, green building, and Fiber optics factory!
To join, Please send interested on WhatsApp number: +98912961365
Click here to join these groups on whatsapp
– What are the Commissioning procedures of HV/EHV types of equipment and different types of tests required before and After Energising the new lines/feeders, Transformers/Reactors?? Thanks..
856: You’re welcome for any request
Rai: Anyone has Siemens Step 7 smart software?
– Can anyone share the Commissioning and maintenance of the electrical power system by Keith Harker?
– what are the disadvantages of VFD?
harmonics..its..reduces..the..lifeof..other..components..like..cables..transformers..etc..conduct harmonic..study as.per.IEEE 519-2014 .and.find out the solutions. if it exceeds..the..limits..prescribed..in the standard..then..go.for.a filter
– Which connection it is Yna0d11??
– Hi frndz..Feeder 1 – 10kw 2 nos
Feeder 2 – 25kw 4 nos How to calculate main incomer MCCB A..?