substation protection and control systems development, from conventional to digital substations with some pictures of a real substation. Then, it presents the importance of communication in this system and why it is necessary to use a common communication protocol and molding function system in the substation automation system.
Part 2: An introduction to IEC 61850 & how to learn it effectively
A brief history of the standard IEC 61850 Ed.1 & Ed.2, its purpose, and its benefits are presented in this chapter. One problem with learning the IEC 61850 is the variety of documents, topics, and the gap between academics and industry in this area. This part introduces an effective way to learn practical IEC 61850 standards.
Part 3: Overview of the main features of IEC 61850-Part I
This part overviews the OSI model, MMS protocol, and the used devices in the IEC 61850 network. Then, different packets (GOOSE, Report, and Sample Value) and services (for time synchronization, master-slave, client/server, and publisher/subscriber) are presented in this module.
Part 4: Overview of the main features of IEC 61850-Part II
The concept of object-oriented modeling and the data modeling of IEC 61850 are presented in this part. Then different types of GOOSE messages, report control blocks, and SCL files are introduced. This part also presents the connection terminals, communication, and time synchronization ports of a merging unit installed in the process bus lab setup.
Part 5: IEC 61850 data structure and data format-Part I
Initial IEC 61850 settings in DIGSI 5 and the connection between the information routing matrix and IEC 61850 structure editor are presented in this part. The device is opened via OMICRON IEDScout and the data structure of the IED and the relation between them and the IEC 61850 signals in DIGSI 5 are explained. Then the device is exported with different IEC 61850 data formats and different sections of the exported files are explained in detail. To understand the interoperability of IEC 61850, a device from another manufacturer (SEL) is also exported and different sections of this file are explained.
Part 6: IEC 61850 data structure and data format-Part II
Different tools of the IEC 61850 structure editor in DIGSI 5. Editing of the IEC 61850 data model and adding the user-defined LNs are explained too.
Part 7: IEC 61850 station in DIGSI 5 and IEC 61850 System Configurator
A device is added to the IEC station in DIGSI 5 and the station is opened via IEC 61850 System Configurator to explain different parts of the station and the configurator. The connection between each editor in the configurator and the station file is also presented in this part.
Part 8: GOOSE configuration and the publisher/subscriber LNs
The GOOSE configuration between two SIPROTEC 5 devices is presented in this part. The publisher and the subscriber Logical Nodes before the GOOSE configuration and after the GOOSE configuration are compared in the IEC 61850 station files and the information matrix in DIGSI 5.
Part 9: GOOSE simulation via IEDScout
The publisher and subscriber IEDs before and after GOOSE configuration are simulated in the OMICRON IEDScout. The sniffer tool is used to capture the simulated GOOSE of the publisher IED. To show the GOOSE repetition, the value of the GOOSE signal is changed in the IED simulator, and the captured GOOSE after the change is analyzed too.
Part 10: GOOSE configuration and simulation between SIP 5 & SEL relays
An IED from another manufacturer (SEL) is added to the station and the GOOSE configuration between SEL and SIPROTEC IEDs is presented in the IEC 61850 configurator. Then the simulation of the publisher and subscriber IEDs has been done via IEDScout.
Part 11: Time synchronization settings and SNTP configuration
The configuration of the SNTP (Simple Network time protocol) for time synchronization in DIGSI 5 and IEC 61850 system configurator
Part 12: Case study-Part I
In DIGSI 5 training, relays were added and configured based on the diagram of the case study project. This part presents the IEC 61850 configuration in the same case study project. The IEC 61850 and SNTP settings have been entered based on the case study project documents. The table of the communication cables and the diagram of the substation automation architecture is described in this part.
Part 13: Case study-Part II
The report configurations based on the table of reports configured on servers are presented in this part. The signals of the distance IED are added to the data set and a report control block is added to transmit the event to the clients. The report control block settings are also explained in this part.
Part 14: Case study-Part III
The GOOSE configurations are based on the GOOSEs table and the GOOSE message subscription list.
Part 15: IEC 61850 configuration in DIGSI 4
the IEC 61850 configuration in DIGSI 4
The data model of a SIPROTEC 4 IED is shown in the OMICRON IEDScout
the IEC 61850 signals in the masking IO with this data model
Part 16: IEC 61850 configuration between SIP 4 & SIP 5
The IEC 61850 station configuration with SIPROTEC 4 and SIPROTEC 5 devices
Part 17: Sample project
The application of GOOSE signals, a sample project
The IEDs and IEC 61850 configurations (send a GOOSE signal from SIPROTEC 5 to SIPROTEC 4)
Use the GOOSE signal in a function block of the DIGSI 4 CFC editor
IEC 61850 configuration in PCM600 (Process bus and Goose configuration) IEC 61850 Engineering with PCM600 How to configure IEC 61850 with Easergy Studio How to configure IEC 61850 for ACE850 module (CET850) How to configure IEC 61850 for SEL relays
Click here to see the certificates of the participants
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups, please send “interest” on Whatsapp,Click
Discussions sample in groups:
– In Siprotec 4, the default password is 000000 – Hello friends. How to recover siemens relay 7sJ801 from monitor mode? – Just turn off DC supply and turn on. – Just In Monitor Mode, you can see the reset option in the drop-down list, please reset the relay and it will recover to the original. If It happened after the FW update, You have to initialize the device.
– plz tell me about PSB protection operated in brief. – PSB function avoid a huge load of fault. as a matter of fact metering, DZ/DT.Since a fault is high speed but a load is a low speed or DZ/DT – Performance monitoring reporting system In the MICOM Transformer relay manual it is mentioned that 41% of winding (Say 20% setting of In if CT secondary is 1 Amp) will be covered under differential protection and the balance 59% will be covered in REF protection for star winding connection transformer. My Query is how much winding will be covered in differential protection if transformer windings are delta connected Dd1. – Is there any document available to understand how the current flows inside each branch of delta winding during the health conditions, during Phase to Phase fault, and during Phase to Earth faults? – Please can you help out by briefly explaining, how the problem was resolved? – if it is Dd Connection then REF can not be applied unless you use a zigzag transformer as a grounding transformer. if so then you will use the same percentage – Hope License is the problem, please try with a Genuine License Number. but I did put a genuine key when asked during the DIGSI installation – Hope, License might be utilized before and it might not be multiple user License. Please check with Siemens.
– I’m getting an error while installing DIGSI 4.91 in Windows 8.1 saying the operating system is not supported – C&S make MRR1 rotor Earth fault relay is not giving any alarm when output is not connected but it’s giving alarm as soon as output wire is connected, What can be the cause – is it a dry contact? – Yes – maybe the internal relay is powered by the control voltage itself. does it happen in other relays also? – No What type of relay is this? Try to avoid this type of msgs – Output relay testing procedure is here in this manual
– Anyone experienced in MPD 600 for PD measurement – Hi, how pilot advance transformer (PAT) works? How its connections will be? These transformers are used in rural agricultural feeders to ensure 3 phase power during non-peak hours and single-phase supply during peak hours. (single-phase supply for rural houses and three-phase for agricultural motors in farms).
– Dear, someone Will have the IEC 60480 standard – https://www.sis.se/api/document/preview/566910/ – PSL in micom relay, areva ,Siemens, Abb, and SEL?! – Micom – And for other brands? – 1. Areva, Schneider, Alstom, GE – are using Micom products-PSL-Programmable scheme logic 2.Siemens-CFC- Continuous function chart 3. Abb-ACT- Application configuration tool -And SEL? – Psv – Please sir do you have a procedure on how to commission RPH3?
– could you share about the SOTF function in distance Relays? – Switch on to Fault – If ur going to energize one feeder in that feeder has a fault is existing and we gave a closing command to Breaker, then in that case SOTF protection will immediately trip the Breker.
– Please explain the time synch process in Simense relay using SNTP. – Anti-pump relay – Anti pumping to protect the closing coil
– Some switches come from the factory but you can also design logic. – Some power switches. – please anyone, how to read the ICD file for abb relay? – Go to parameter settings then click on the file from the menu bar after that select export parameters and select which type of file you want to export – Siemens 7sj8011, how can we change it? – Through DIGSI Software – Use DIGSI. Only by software DIGDI
– What is pre-close and post-close in trip circuit supervision, can anyone explain? – This is for the trip circuit supervisor relay concept. Pre-close before closing the breaker trip circuit in healthy condition. Post close means after closing the breaker trip circuit healthy condition. This trip circuit supervisor relay check the trip circuit coil must be healthy in pre-close & post-close conditions. If the trip circuit fails protection relay give any trip commend it will not operate. That is why the protection scheme has two number trip circuit schemes. This is called pre-close & post-close.
– Please I looking for ABB RED 615 file setting for comparison. – How to set Directional overcurrent protection? – Very nice, also when mechanical protection operates. it will send the trip command directly to lockout without going through the main relay. – Breaker is not working automatically. we need to press it manually for the operation of the pump.
– Breaker or contactor? – Contactor – we need the schematic diagram for the rectification – Quickly check the float switch by force, if the supply is not reaching up to the contactor coil, then there may be a problem in the loop or float switch itself.
– Download the S1 studio password hash generator – And set a password – AAAA – Please explain the function of the resistor connected series in tripping coil – It’s the trip circuit supervision circuit. It limits the current through the trip coil below the pickup value. – A diagram is not clear! – Can we use single pole ac MCB in DC Circuit in negative polarity where positive polarity is grounded, dc system voltage is -48V. If the answer is yes then why? – Brother MCB has nothing to do with voltage. In your specific circuit, whatever the voltage is, doesn’t affect MCB. Any kind of circuit breaker works on Current and it will work fine unless your circuit is designed ok. Even then it wouldn’t be a circuit breaker that would be an issue but the design of the circuit. – But I am asking about dc and ac MCB difference. Whether the can be used interchangeably -Yes they can, I have used them But it depends on the insensitivity of your circuit as well. if an MCB is designed for AC, it will trip sooner if used on DC, in case of fault. In normal conditions, it works fine – What I think is all breakers are rated to work with all types of voltages in ac and dc. – Only the short circuit capacity will change according to the voltage – Some are dedicated to DC, their coil doesn’t get heated as fast as AC. – Yes those are special breakers
– Where,s the protection system in these cases? – Hi. Is there anybody who has tested abb SwitchSync relay L183 Or any other SwitchSync relay from other manufactures like SIEMENS? – Synchro-check relay SPAU 140 C – but SPAU 140 C is a synchro check relay, not a sync switch relay – Switchsync PWC600 is ABB RPH3 ALSTOM. Controlled Switching with the Siemens Phase Synchronizing Device (PSD) the MCS025 Sync-Check Module Schneider
– Would you please give me test procedures or settings that have worked for testing these relays – GREETINGS FROM TRANSCEND HR CONSULTANCY! – Anyone has a good document to understand ABTS and TOP.
– Engine with a power of 250 kW 1500 rpm and a 1500 kW 1500 rpm engine – Anyone working or heard abt a company called Valmet? – Hi, There is an opening in Schneider Electric, Chennai, India for a Commissioning Engineer with 5 to 7 Years’ experience. Candidate must know on 1) Commissioning of Numerical protection relays ( Distance, Differential, Busbar, Overcurrent & E/f ) 2) Hands-on experience in configuration and testing different make protection relays with Omicron 356 / Double testing kits. 3) Provided setting calculations for the above-said protections including CT & VT sizing. Candidates may need to travel Global sites if required for commissioning and training customers.
– Could you share any data about the DCS systems in substations? – What kind of DCS do you want? – Siemens,Arefa ,Abb, Vatec, Wincc or sicampas -User: zivercom, Password: 0000, another password: Ziv
– What is the equivalent model of RED670 in SIEMENS? – 7SA52 – For Siemens relays 7SD…. means Line Differential Protection. 7SA Distance Protection as the main protection function. Depending on the device type distance or line diff is available as the main 2 functions. 7SL … Line and Distance Protection. (SIPROTEC 5)
– In Micom relays can I upload the revised PSL while the relay is in service? – Will there be any maloperation? – PSL uploading may result in Pick up of BI/BO and then output contact. – Check the connection Or disconnect the DC from the relay for a while and try again
– Has anyone done distance and differential relay calculation in excel? – Anybody has a calculation sheet in excel for voltage drop and current carrying capacity of cables Is it password-protected?
– Anybody knows how to protect the three-phase ground earth fault? For MV network. For single-phase, there are many ways but for a three-phase, we have a problem.
– I want to config distance relay model VAMP 259 but there is no option to enable fault locator. I can see the related option under the distance menu but nothing is submitted (in KM or Ohm), is there any way to enable fault locator? – Three-phase to the ground will not detect as earth fault because no zero sequence or no current will flow in the neutral. It is just an over-current.
– A 132 kV SF6 circuit breaker rated for 220 volts aux. Voltage is to be used in a substation where 110 volts DC voltage is available. Please advise which changes are necessary to be made to the Circuit breaker. – If you want to modify the equipment in the circuit breaker for 110v you need to change more equipment. Better try to connect the two 110v supplies in series – When the available voltage is 110VDC, Change the following parts 1-closing coil one unit 2-tripping coil two units 3-all the dc contact relay. Otherwise wise Manage 220VDC Indication Lamp
– I am trying to export Micom 442 set file into xrio format by using Schnider s1 studio, but IML cannot find xrio option in the export menu.
– You can go to setting file on the right side of software, and press right-click by mouse, and go to export setting, Rio – I did it this way, but xrio option was not available. I think the software version does not have this option. But I am not sure. – Anyone has a good document to understand ABTS and TOP. – Anyone has a Method of statement For Transformer stability and Generator stability?
– Can you give me transformer testing IEC standards? If the SF6 in HV CBs becomes very low. What is the standard action in this case? does the CB trip or does it must be locked out? If it is locked out does any breaker failure must be initiated? – Stage 1 alarm, stage 2 block. Block gas pressure <•5 Mpa. Block is no more operation, open or close. If fault then if it is line Tele protection will activate if trafo feeder or normal feeder BF will operate. – In 500 KV if stage 2 appears the breaker immediately trips! Is it correct or need discussion? – In our scheme at 500 kV level, if stage 2 appears the breaker immediately trips, in my opinion, CB lockout must take place rather than the trip! Am I right? – I have only experience up to 400 kv Siemens CB, second stage not trip from CB scheme. But PSB functions can make trips. I do not know PSD (Phase Synchronizing Device)
– We are getting Generator Rotor Earth Fault in Relay. How can we ensure that it is a false alarm – this is dangerous to trip the CB in case of stage 2 appears. it may not be able to quench the arc properly as sf6. pressure is low. so it’s advised to block tripping in case stage 2 operates. – If sf6 gas content is reduced breaker trip – Level 1 OTTER TAIL – Stage 2 trip must be a lockout, which means Breaker will trip and shouldn’t Close until SF6 Gas is refilled to the specified pressure.
– Lockout means one needs to reset the Lockout relay before closing Breaker. But don’t reset until the gas is refilled to the required pressure. Nominal pressure for 132kV is 5.6 bars absolute.
– Does Micom P741 and P742 need separate software for the PSL edition? – No, s1 studio can do it. – but if I want to edit a single-line map of the substation? – In this case, you must use topology editor for Mmicom – Do you have any applications for that? – IEC 60076 – If you want to go with diagnostic testing for transformer please refer to C37.152 22/abb, 23:02 – abb: Can any tell me about IEC standards for GIS, MV switchgear, transformer, protection schemes, and IED testing and commissioning
– NIC NO RESPONSE in Micom p142 and p143 What to do to solve this problem and what is the cause for it? Problem with the hardware. -restart the IED, the alarm will disappear and after some days alarm will come again. Permanent solution: Need to change the network interface card and update the respective nic file to that board. – Plz share Rio/PTL file for P44T relay Alstom make,
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please text us, Click
– anybody has a serial number for the Micom topology editor or can edit SDL for Micom p741? – In Micom S1 studio, while uploading PSL files to relay, we get three options, the First is Enhanced logic only, the second Logic only, third Full form. My question is what is the difference between these three options? – The difference is in the settings updated with the PSL update.
– In the below attachment, the Generator Stator earth fault is detected by connecting Neutral side NGT secondary voltage in series with Phase side open delta voltage which is derived through external IVT. The query is how this works and what will be the output voltage of this combination which is measured by the MICOMP345 relay. – Someone had omicron test templates cmc356, for overcurrents, differential, etc, and also some good bibliography for generator protection.
– Does anybody have a protection relay testing handbook – As you notice this book is volume 4 in the series. I would appreciate it if you send volumes 1-3
Here is one of the other video training courses, ABB PCM 600. You can see detail by clicking on the picture.
– I have a problem with the earth’s fault. We have used Siemens o/c relay which is functioning very well for o/c,e/f, and s/c. For the earth fault whenever it’s happened either one or two phases it’s working, but whenever it’s 3phase. the relay is not working. – Always trips with 3phase faults? – For another fault it’s ok but the 3 phase Earth fault is not detected by primary current injections each phase individually functioning. – What are the magnitudes and angles of the 3 phase currents you injected for the test? – What SIEMENS OC relay model? -7SJ601, Version 3 – The earth fault setting for stage one I> 15A. If faults are even 20A no functioning. 3 phase fault is not an earth fault. even if 3 phases to earth will not detect by earth fault protection. – If you inject three equal magnitudes with 0,120,-120. the earth’s fault will not function even if it is more than the earth’s fault setting. While you are injecting current, check relay measurements and make sure that the neutral current exceeds the setting value (15A). If the current exceeds the setting then you have to check whether the directional function is enabled or not. Also sometimes you need to check the earth fault calculation method if it’s measured or calculated. Finally check the current connection to the relay. Make sure that the current circuit loop is closed – balance values will not initiate the earth fault function. – I agree that the balance magnitude will not result in earth fault. Check the neutral current flow – The 3phase fault is considered a balance three-phase fault so no earth fault will detect, you need active o/c protection. Even if E/F operates with a three-phase fault it will be due to unbalance not a real earth fault. – Just reduce the setting for testing purposes and inject the current in all three phases monitor the neutral current flow now increase the current value in only one phase until the neutral current value reaches your setting value it will trip according to the curve. Check the setting whether it is nondirectional. – Hope you are testing the directional earth fault. Check the voltage magnitude which you are injecting into the relay.. it shouldn’t be zero. Most relays require a minimum of 3Volt for sensing the right direction suggest giving 10V in the Y and B phase and 5V in the R phase and injecting the fault current above the setting. – if the three currents are not shifted between them by 120 degrees, even if they have the same amplitude, it will trip because the vector sum of the three phases becomes different from zero. (Io # 0A)
– I am facing a problem with Siemens 7SJ8041 When Relay Trips on Under Voltage and Voltage comes back to normal and I try to reset the Relay Binary outputs and Leds then the relay does not reset. I have to go into the Test and diagnostic menu and have to reset the whole relay from there. any solution? – check the drop-out ratio of the relay. normal drop out is 1.2 for under-voltage.
– Secondly in 7s8041 Relay does not trip on Reverse Power – check additional functions available or not? -Yes available and setting at 166.5W. It is available in u/v settings. But you need a Laptop and active additional settings
– If anyone this relay manual English electric, CDG31FF8051JL(M), electromagnetic relay kindly reply me – If a transformer is protected with both REF (64REF) and Differential (87) as we know REF is more sensitive than 87 and operate for the unprotected winding near the neutral side. My question: is any 87 trip means also a REF trip at the same time? – No, REF only responds for earth faults inside the zone. if the fault is not related to the earth then the only differential will operate in the case of earth faults, both can trip the transformer( the faster will trip first), and if the transformer has high impedance grounding, the earth fault near the star point ( less than 40% of winding) may not initiate 87 ( when you apply slope and operation and restraint) in this case, only REF will operate. Right? – Yes, this is right. And this is why we use REF together with Diff protection.
– What is the difference between high impedance and low impedance when dealing with Differential and REF protections? – The high impedance method uses an impedance in series with the operating coil of the relay. The impedance value is chosen to damp the current of the relay under setting current in the case of the worst fault (a fault near cts with one ct saturated). The low impedance method uses a restraint coil to dampen the current of the operating coil in the case of the worst fault. The relay will trip when the operating coil current is maximum than the restraint coil current. – In which condition the operation of 52PD, pole discordance protection will be blocked? – the pole discrepancy is an arrangement of controls, typical of the power switch. – It is already blocked by time. if PD happens it must operate after 2.5 seconds.
– In which cases and configuration I must install and program “inter trip signal protection “in case of transformer protection?
– PD trip function is normally blocked by any pre-scheduled single-pole operation of CB like single pole auto reclosing or manual opening of a single pole of CB. – in the monopolar switch the discrepancy time must exceed the reclosing time.
– I have a 7sj62 Siemens relay and it’s going to monitor mode then I tried to initialize the Dex file not succeed and activated device reset from the HMI after that it’s gone again monitor mode and relay restarting automatically when power on – Hopefully by upgrading Firmware Version, it may work fine, kindly contact Siemens and ask for an updated firmware version. you must initialize the device with the digsi. – Please share experiences and knowledge about “power swing blocking” in distance protection – Hi guys, I need help setting up an auto recloser on the Sepam series 20 relays. In double bus bar protection, what is the difference between single CT and Double CT methods for bus coupler
🌟Follow the group rules and objectives of the group 🌟This is an international group, just text in English 🌟Actively participate in the group. 🌟Don’t make any personal message to the group members 🌟 Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message. 🌟Advertisements, announcement of the event of other groups needs approval from Admin before circulation 🌟If any member is not following the rules, we have the authority to remove them from the group 🌟 No greeting and another personal discussion. Do not say good morning, good night, thanks, etc.
– What is the use of Line CVT in relays? – Synchro Check
– How do you test relay GE SR3, Thermal Overload function with alarm and trip? – in DIGSI4 4.92, when I wanted to archive a file, this window was displayed and required a password And got this log file – There are some requirements for installing DIGSI like c++, have you installed them? – I need 12 units of the above to relay Fro where to get it?
– How distance protection is functioning in HVDC transmission? – Transposing is required in long-distance HV cables Or cross bonding is enough? – Both will be required – Conventional distance protection is not applicable in the HVDC system as the reactive part of the impedance is absent due to zero frequency – Cross bonding is required to reduce the induced voltage, and transposing is required to make C mutual equal between three phases. This job shall be done each 400 meters and cross bonding shall be connected with the earth by the special box or with SVL + earth – SVL mean shield voltage limiter
– When I tried to extract XML files from DIGSI, this error came. Kindly advise – It depends on how u extracted – There are 2 ways to extract – Which one was yours? – Both ways same error
How to tackle DC-link over Voltage faults In VFD. Application HVAC chilled pumps. G120
increase the DC overvoltage fault limit to 130%. default is 125%. but this solution may lead to stress VFD which may lead to some future issues.
Update ur firmware to the latest. It will work right away – old versions are not prone to motor oscillations which in case u free run a motor may oscillate. in which frequency band u r facing overvoltage? – Really I just retrieved data from the customer. But from where I can find it – siemens website. – No, frequency band – run the motor. increase speed slowly. you’ll start hearing sizzling sound in a particular band
– I cannot modify the protection setting on ABB REF 542 plus manually or online through cable. I always got “setting not saved properly”. Can anyone help?
– Hi. I used the key to change the protection mode to SET. Is this enough? Should it be used also to change a setting? – Please anyone can help me with the password viewer for ABB Red 615. We are facing one error while installing ABB PCM 60. Can anyone help? – Try to Separately download and install SQL server and then install PCM – anyone knows about this error while exporting in. XML extension? – This is the 1600A breaker feeding the Chillar. Could anyone please tell me what would be the setting of this Breaker for Long, Short, Inst. & Ground? DLL file is missing. Copy the DLL file from another working laptop(C drive) or reinstall the software. For long char. Settings are 1.0 and time is 3.0. Switch not clear but for L =1 and T=144s ;S=1.8;I=8;G=.4 – Can anybody tell whats the max current in which we can use MCCB only for load break? – Cable size 300sq mm – That’s due to thermal effects. The thermal tripping point would go down after each tripping and if tripping takes place at 370 A after 2 hours, the MCCB might trip at 350 or even below (may) after every one and a half hours or even earlier – Then what solutions shall we change this MCCB if yes what would be the rating. any other solution instead of MCCB because it’s placed in between transformer secondary side and LT panel. – Check the tightness of each bolt Properly torque it. – Phase sequence is ok my site is running fine load is 240 kw. 240 kW? rate amp is 408 amp. This is a connected load but running is 225 kW – Can you test the MCCB By primary injection? -383 amp – There is an overload, short circuit, instantaneous, and ground fault by doing the method of primary injection? – Yes I am doing by primary injection only – Can u tell me which combinations for overload test in primary injection? Single-phase or phase to phase? – You can use Phase to phase and phase to neutral for overload, instantaneous and short circuit. And phase to neutral for ground fault.
I can’t open the IEC61850 station in DIGSI 4.88 – Maybe the target digsi file version differs. – What should I do? – Install Digsi4.91 & try. – Anyone who has Digsi 4.88 update? – It use Siemens-Configurator-Version”>04.88.08.995 – Create Siemens User ID & u can download it on the Siemens webpage
– what is the maximum length for a line that can use Teleproection in distance relay? – Which relay? All relays have different limits – Siemens – 400km, 300km, 200km,100km, I talking about the distance I can use Teleproection in distance relay?
– Hi everybody, does ABB REL 511 have an under frequency and over frequency protection? – No – Is there any way to activate this feature in this relay?
– What is the default password for Easergy Studio 7.1.0? – In Easergy studio 8.0.0 the procedure to connect to relay is different, has anyone been able to use that? – AAAA – Thanks but it does not accept – Use the Micom studio hashtag for crack.
– How to calculate maximum through fault current to set the relay stable in bus bar protections? Say voltage is 400kV. – It was based upon your load – If exact load details are not available? – I don’t have a clear idea but have a suggestion u can decide regarding your CT primary, But the normal load current may be less than the CT rating – How to create CID & ICD files to ZIV 87T(CGL make) relay for integration with SAS? – You can get a rough idea of the maximum CTR of all the CTs connected to the bus.
– Please I need to communicate with argus 1 relay over current reyrolle by rs 485 – You can not extract. The only vendor that can give you – You can edit in ziver cid – Sir I don’t have CID, then how can I edit? – Arrange to take from the vendor. If you don’t have CID then get it from ziver CID soft. You can Extract the CID via ZiverCid software. It will create the file, And btw you should not be touching ZIV relay if you do not have a basic idea of Ziv software Because there are chances you will make the firmware corrupt For which you have to make it a hard reset, which is also not an easy process, short but risky. So please contact your senior on-site & inform him about the situation. Otherwise once the relay is gone into the dead mode, it won’t be even hard to reset by calendar method – I have ZiverCID software then how can I extract there is an option? – I think to go to ziver complus and then setting and then edit. This file will automatically open in ziver CID. If he has CID module installed
– Hi, Is anybody familiar with the F650 GErelay? – What do you want to know? – About Plc logic configuration – Can we write the logic for transformers changeover -How do you want to make it work as a changeover? – You must have that. Download use Filezilla to extract CID. For extract, you don’t need any credentials With the definition of CB status and timer. For download username: Ziv And password: *ziv#
– I have a problem with my fault recorder, 7ke85 siemens. The Disgi5 software show fault in port E, the front panel is active run (green), and error (red) Led. I can’t communicate – This fault locator is not functional As long as the error led is glowing. – what is the solution? – This problem has no solution -Yes in CFC, the ladder is having a signal which is not masked – Remove that – I can not inspect the relay, I can not communicate – Relay is in error mode means the software is having inconsistency between source & destination – If you have a backup check CFC and send it to the relay. And if you are new to siemens relay, better do as I say, right away – When I want to communicate with the relay for local or remote but in two situation does not allow any communication the relay – That’s because of an ERROR in the relay’s file. This relay requires Re-Flashing of firmware
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on Whatsapp (CLICK)
– hi, I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to check the measurement of 2nd harmonic content in the 7UT85 Siprotec 5 device? – In RET 670 transformer differential relay. I want to check the diff and bias current I found Please solve my problem related to NR relay. -When AR has been operated in 400kv line then one end AR successful while other end line became trip while both ends have AR-enabled. then why? – On other end, it is operating in Pole discrepancy or AR lockout? -No. Direct trip -Check all conditions for AR in other ends – On other end, it is operated in Zone 1 or Zone 2? – Zone -1 – CB’s health status is ok? Yes – It means? – No PD and AR lockout operated trip command goes to the breaker – I suppose u assigned any DT to send a signal to the remote end? While AR From the local end – Check the time setting at both ends Of the AR – 86 Operated? – At one end it may be 1sec n other end 350ms – So by the time at one end AR operated it sent DT signal to other end – Then you check the logic for 86. 86 should not operate for zone 1 single-phase fault – Due to which 86 operated. DT received in the remote end? – Carrier received at other end And carrier send by our end? – No DT received and send by both end – Carrier aided tripping sent from your end – No this is not correct.86 operated for single-phase fault -Ok. On the remote end, 86 is operated or not? – Yes. Then check the logic for 86 in the remote end. I think in the remote end 86 is assigned for all faults. Check the time setting at both ends for AR. Both end Fault in Zone 1 then ZCOM Trip will not happen. That is not necessary.
– Anybody has 500MVA 400kV/220kV/33kV T&R Make Autotransformer 8 Channels FO-based Tempr Hotspot details Based on FBG?
– Please help, what type of fault it’s showing? This relay connected with 3 phase motor – STS light blinking. The motor run for a while and the stopped Resistors are rated in ohms and wattage. How to identify the short time withstanding wattage of resistor which is available in hand? Generally, how much will be the short time withstanding capacity of the resistor for rated capacity? Working in System Protection as Manager Power System Engineering. – We are providing all the testing and commissioning services in Electrical switch gears. – How did this one become a big day? – We have to think before using electricity. Go green. Think before use – What are FPFM and FPSM in Line protection relay? – FPFM. This is meaning feeder protection is the first main. FPSM This is meaning: Feeder protection second main – Set-1 and Set-2 right ? – Yes
– we need support for setting calculations for the transformer feeder which fed on 13.8 kv. – here in Saudi Arabia we used feeder protection (Line) 2 relays, both make the same function, have the same setting
– As per your requirement, he is having more contacts regarding purchase. – I want to synchronize my server with a Meinberg GPS in SICAM PAS .anybody can help me? – Which model of GPS are you using for time sync? – M300 – Yes I can not start NTP on my server – Why don’t u try SNTP? – What’s the networking protocol you are working on? – As far as I remember M300 is compatible with NTP & SNTP both – Firmware MUST be updated – NTP – What? NTP is NOT A NETWORKING PROTOCOL. – Oh, my network protocol is Ethernet
– Siemens Siprotec 7SS52 Busbar Bay Unit in error & alarm mode, after removing & Connecting Aux., DC supply, it will come in Run mode & after 30min again the BBU goes to error mode. What is the solution to this problem?
– Initialize main unit and bay unit from software or menu. – Reset MCU still having the same problem
-Hello need some help with this error Relay P643 Alstom make. Communication error – First, check the Test Connection and then proceed. In the test, the connection selects the correct port to which your serial cable is connected. – Port is verified but still, the error shows while communicating. – We had used 2-3 converters but the same error was observed. Then change the port and try once – Which converter you are using? – BAFO And another is a local make – Try with a different port once – This error comes only when you are sending right? – Yes – Select only settings and not psl then send. – Tried but not working. – Sir, the port changed but the same error occurred. – Try to use a different converter other than you have – We have 2 converters same error for both the converter – If it has ethernet on the backside of the relay you can use that also – Which software you are using? – Agile v1.3.1 – New relay or an old one? – New relay – Try with Easergy – Changed port advance settings. Solved now
– anyone informs that Schneider which software is available for checking the Goose (IEC-61850) Signal? – The password of protection relay type p143 has been modified? is there any way to restore the default password. – why when the change between some tabs in kvgc relay is blocked? – NIC Card faulty – Replace with a new one – Reason for this problem is IEC61850 Support configuration file is not available in the relay at the moment. -I want to start NTP on my server but the system shows an error. anybody can help me?
– Can anyone define “breaker abnormal alarm” in the signal list? – Cb abnormal can be given by spring not charges, or Sf6 pressure or TC not healthy – Make or gate & give final op as CB abnormal -+Local selector – Polo discrement – When programming Nondirectional overcurrent test in Omicron getting Out of range error. How do I correct it? – CT Secondary 5 Amps – I guess you write the wrong number to CT primary/secondary ratio at device settings. Check again pls. – Use CMC 356. I think 256+ will not deliver this much. – Check the max amps settings in test object details. – use the 3x25A setting. Parallel three current injectors with other 3. This would provide 25A per phase. your requirement is 12.88A that’s why it’s showing out of range. – Please check the connection setting and select the proper port number and baud rate by looking into the device manager -Everything is correct only Check test correction once or use another serial cable. Check earthing of the relay as well as your laptop charger. – Check the communication port configuration from the communication menu usually this error appears due to wrong port selection and configuration – Yes, you uploaded the wrong menu text file to the IED. To make it normal you need to send the right default menu text file via parallel port again or updating the same firmware will make the IED to go default settings and menu text. If you are planning for a firmware update make sure that IED is not in service.
– I’m getting this error while installing digsi4.93 – I had V4.92 loaded and it deleted it. I tried again without V4.92 loaded but got this same error. – Do we require to test, “inter trip” during end-to-end testing of line differential function Or only for distance? – Yes you have to check
– Hi all I want to implement Autorecloser in PSL and assign an output contact to it (for Micom Agile p443). Which output logic DDB signals, Should I use?
– Hi everyone can anyone help me with this issue? I am configuring IEC. Here is my settings relay subnet: 255.255.255.0 laptop IP:10.22.91.100. now if I put relay IPs from 10.22.91.1 to 10.22.91.92, I get the response from it. but 10.22.91.93 to 10.22.91.253 aren’t working. what could be the solution? there is no subnetting, why is it restricting me to 92 devices? – Relay subnet and switch subnet must be the same. What’s the subnet in the switch? – does a switch has masking? I don’t think so. – Every switch has IP & Mask If you know the IP address of the switch – Type in ur browser, and there u can also check the subnet mask – Which switch u r using? – that is something diff, that is just to access the switch conf – the ports aren’t assigned to any VLANs – so no need for that – It is linked with relays communication, the relay fiber would be connected to switch if both are not synced, communication with IEC won’t work – You can check that as a part of troubleshooting – it’s working with IPs 1-92. That’s what I’m saying, maybe another switch has a different subnet due to which relay won’t be accessible with laptop IP – Install device model.
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on WhatsApp (CLICK)
– I have faced some issues in Micom p642 agile regarding fault recording trigger. Relay doesn’t trigger at the time of differantial trips so please help me with it I have tried all the options for the fault trigger all other faults are triggered but when only differantial protection trip at that time fault is not triggered or on the graph was generated.
– Micom relays and SEL RTAC connected in the same network.. is it possible via RTAC, DR files from Micom relays can be downloaded – future scope of power system protection. future scope of relay coordination. What innovation is required in relay coordination?
– anybody having a protection relay panel O&M manual of any Kv level. Pls, share if U have. – Please don’t touch any electric pole especially when it’s raining. – Any anyone knows how to test Thermal protection in ABB REM 543
– How to change CT Ratio in a secure Energy Meter? Could you share the P441 manual for the Areva brand? – I need software for Micom p 741. Remote HMI. Please
– When DC Source 1 is failed our Breakers got tripped. What could be the reason for the same? – Check CTD – Please share the control diagram of the breaker with us. Selective tripping? – Undervoltage shunt – Kindly how I test REF in 7UT612 siemens with 1 phase current inject? – This wire is for voltage equalizing. so CT body will be the same voltage as a bus bar. if not connected will cause floating voltage for the CT body and result in partial discharging. – I think it’s a capacitive leakage wire to connect to the capacitive indicator. You can eliminate capacitive insulators if your CTs have this capability(capacitive leakage).
– anybody has a VFD Test format or procedure? – anybody configures RSTP at Micom p546? – Guys anybody have a Test format for Diesel Generator? – Can anyone tell what could be the reason for the battery blast in dg during Cranking? – Short circuit on crank cable or in the crank. The second reason crank can be stuck or engine
– How to calculate stall rotor time in SIMOCODE? – Use VRLA type to avoid the blast – This battery is 12V;180AH Tata make almost 2.5 years old used to crank 415KVA Dg – Is there any pole calibration happening in ACB for any make to close all-pole at the same time? And if happen then how it’s done? – Why do we use a coreopsis conductor inside a tubular conductor? – If anyone facing this issue in Siprotec 5 BCU(6md86), after restarting the device then manually operate the master trip relay (86.1&86.2), that same time given reset command from SCADA but it’s not getting reset. while communicating ABB relays, how do I know which versions of PCM I need to use? ( 2.6 or 2.9)
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on WhatsApp, Click
– What might happen to this insulator failure? – Sepam 80 fails to operate shows maintenance key 1. any ideas? – Converter issue – Which converter? Relay is communicating on Ethernet/LAN – In VT secondary injection. How to calculate phase to phase voltage in unbalanced conditions? Eg. we inject 20V in the R phase & 40V in the Y phase. What should be the phase-phase voltage? In actual condition, the multimeter reads 53V. how to prove it theoretically. – vector sum – Ip1(cosPhy+i sinPhy) + Ip2(cosPhy+ i sinPhy) – Values are not matching.
– how to calculate the operating region of directional overcurrent and earth fault relay? – u cant add a real and imaginary part. I= 2root ( real sq + imag sq).this is how u add a real and imaginary part – Can anyone please help me provide an XRIO converter for RED670 V2.1.0? I’ll be grateful – Can anyone tell me the meaning of the number mentioned in the box? – Order information I believe
– I need RDS-pp codes for equipment used in the wind Power plant. RDS-pp is a Reference Designation system for power plants. – Digital kits like omicron, meggar can inject voltages and currents of desired magnitudes. – As a Protection Engineer you have to roam all around India for different projects. – I am getting a network error while downloading from the server
– Anyone can explain CT sparking – Looseness or open Circuit – Isolate the system to avoid any mishap – Loose connection on side phases!
– What is the main difference between low impedance and high impedance bus bar protection schemes? – High impedance in the Low impedance relay is nothing but based differential relay in this we have the slopes to avoid relay operation from the through fault current and CT saturation condition also.
– Hey I need help can I find here someone who works with Elster A1800 consumption counting – Anyone has auto manual change over test Format. – CT connection is ok? – check the serial cable. also, try (test connection) from the device list. -Tried with other serial cable Problem solved.
– what is the criteria for Grounding control and power cables, should it be grounded from both ends or one end” And the reason for grounding is both sides or a single side? -1 core power cable shield must be grounded only from one side, otherwise transformation current with inducted to the shield. I&C& signal cables as well. In this case, the induction is from the outside. However, for 3core, 3phase cable it could be grounded in both sides – what about multicore control cable? – In Siemens design which is used for many power plants, it is mentioned that only one Side must be grounded to prevent circulating current.
– Hi world someone can help me with F650 HMI with GE config. I need to make hmi with Modbus protocol – Check relay HMI -Should not b in the Submenu? – Make it to the main menu page -Plz check the Technical key of the IED in the software, is that compatible? – Check the report details in the common read/write tool to get more information. Note: It’s not recommended to do a common read with a lower version of PCM600 if the IED is configured with a higher version of PCM600.
– display error name is flashed v1.0, – For parallel operation, you need to synch both transformers first, then close the breaker. Changing load from one transformer to another, Different tap positions mean different voltage levels (if both transformers are fed from the same source & in case of under-voltage, the load will draw more current, which might result in OC Fault, overheating of cables. The breaker may trip in the second case but in the first case, straight damage if you haven’t installed AVR. Breaker doesn’t care for Voltage, it only trips on high currents, But one transformer connected to load which has a voltage of 10.4KV – it mainly depends on uk% and loads current. having enough data, you can simulate the Network using DigSILENT. In my experience, you can parallel both transformers without worrying. – Check impedance voltage percentage Within limit, u can – Check impedance voltage percentage at nameplate data -When u have two transformers in parallel then you may have to look at the circulating currents that might flow when tap positions are not matching. Account for that circulation current as it will be an issue – Sir the same I read in a document due to low impedance in the transformer which has less tap position certain amount of current will circulate within the winding but why? – difference in impedance of the transformer more than 10% will have a circulating current too. even if taps are the same and the voltages are the same – 66kv breaker CG make -There is no need for SC capacity coordination, your new breaker may be oversize but that’s not a problem – 40kA/3sec means it can withstand up to 40kA which is higher than 31.5kA. if 31.5kA for your substation is ok, then 40kA is ok, too. – Not a problem higher capacity only.
– Can anyone have an idea, what is meant by the cross trigger input TFR (fault recorder)? – Cross triggering is used between TFRs to initiate recording all the TFRs and provides system-wide dynamic recording e.g. Power swing
– Please provide earthing in HT cable termination at both ends, must in HT earthing is very important – In transformer slope testing what is I bias calculation that needs to be set in the omicron test? – What is the IBias calculation equation to feed in the omicron differential characteristics for generator protection – When we send the configuration to the relay we will face a syntax error at the last step, what is the matter? – Depends on what relay u are testing. – In the shot test, you choose the points on the characteristic curve and the software tests only at those points. In the search test, u select the sweep for IBias e.g. 0.2 to 5 with some intervals. This will create vertical lines on the characteristic curve and the test set will then determine the Idiff value on each of those lines. The test set will determine the Idiff value at which the relay operates. Search is like making the test set determine whats the characteristic curve and if the searched point is within the tolerance limit then only the test is considered passed
– I have a p443 distance relay(Micom Schnieder make), I tested this relay in zone 1, but it also trips in zone 2 and zone 3 simultaneously..and although I marshaled output contacts to trip.. it does not send tripping order to test set. anybody solves this issue – Which test set are u using? Have u checked the current or voltage connections? Normally this happens when u are injecting current or voltage in reverse, which means the relay is looking in reverse. Check whether the reverse zone is enabled or not. – omicron 356 – U using a distance module? Check your trip contact type, And double-check the PSL file. – I test this relay manually through the test set, not through the laptop. I am using the time module. -Ok. First, confirm ur output relays are properly working and connections are ok or not. Force them from the Commissioning menu and check continuity using a multimeter. Check ur wiring. U using a dry connection or wet contact.? – Maybe the relay SOTF function is on – Good point. Ensure there is a pre-fault. time set on the test set. Normally it is 1 sec. – There are 2 issues. One is ur relay tripping on all zones. And second ur binary output feedback not reaching the test set. Solve them one by one. – Usually, zone 1 is inside zone 2 and zone 3 (if all your zones are forward direction).
– We have one 13.8KV (15KV sys voltage) Switchgear. Due to an increase in the connected load, we want to change the CT in one of its Cubicles. The new CT suggested by the Supplier has the following Specs: *CT 300/5, Burden 15VA, 5P10, BIL 10KV. now my question is the 5P10 & the burden suggested by them is correct for this MV Switchgear? I’ve seen some CT having 5P20. Where we will select 5P10 & 5P20? Also, do we need to replace the metering core, as well as a load, that is increased? – all CT replacements should have a CT CALCULATION ( sizing) according to circuit parameters. You should ask for this document first – To say if it matches or not you need to know the maximum short circuit current, and also you need to know your relay and cables burden because 5P10 means this CT will be stable and will not saturate in the range up to 10 times the nominal current and with 15 VA burden. If you calculate your actual burden then 5P10 might be equivalent to 5P20.
– if we have 1K ohm shunt resistors of 180W for high impedance cable diff port. But need to change the resistors to 500 ohms as per settings, so how we can calculate watts for 500 ohms resist I think the definition of the armature is not exact and correct – I was just skimming over the pdf and noticed that. The armature is where voltage is induced in it
– Do we have any stationary armature in the power plant machine? I haven’t seen – Alternator I guess? – In synchronous generators Armature is stationary and the dc voltage is applied to the winding on the rotor to have a rotating magnetic field – It is easier to have a stationary three-phase output than having a rotating one – Probably it is a technical dictionary For practical uses But from an academic point of view, things are different And brushless synchronous generators have a rotating armature. The rotating armature is mounted on the rotor to excite the generator’s field circuit – I don’t say that we don’t have a rotating armature. I’m saying that the armature and the rotor are 2 different subjects – I think there are only two terms of stator and rotor. depending on various conditions and requirements we use either stator as armature or field or vice versa. – Maybe in a special type of machine the armature is mounted on the stator And a field circuit is on the rotor. – And for the other type The reverse may be true – yes. if there is a time-varying magnetic field and a stationary coil. the voltage will be induced in the stationary coil irrespective of stator or rotor or field or armature terminologies may differ as per circumstances. – I think it’s not a network fault like a short circuit. It’s about the relay hardware itself As the title suggests Hw error – But that’s what I think I’m not sure
– How error relay has a hardware problem? – I can’t open the diagram. It’s a network topology for DMMs and Relays single ring with redundancy characteristics for the 61850 networks, but the question is the connection between HSR &RSTP is correct or not? And can I use PT-G503 or other switches required? – I think u can’t use different protocols in a single ring. But if u have a separate ring connected separately with the switch, there won’t be an issue. RSTP and HSR can both will work fine about the switch PT503, if it’s an industrial switch, it will work fine.
– Can anyone share the Easergy studio software password? – AAAA – Can anybody help me? This switch has been faulty and I don’t know why. – If you’re having a dual DC source then check the healthiness of both DC supplies. In some cases, If one DC source fails then the switch will give that indication – you should connect to the switch and read the logs. there may be an alarm for acknowledging for example a link was down, a link was disconnected, etc.
– Hello everyone, Need some help with testing of SR 489 Multilin Phase Differential Characteristic curve using Omicron Diff Operating Characteristic. Has anyone ever verified its operating characteristic? – In the one substation we have license errors in WinCC frequently (siemens automation)What I should do for getting rid of this alarm? – It’s a hardware key. U contact Siemens helpline. No, It,s software licenses cc no pas, We have a dongle for sicam pas And our server doesn’t have any problem – Error about pas cc configuration – I think I have missed this license – It is showing In license.log what is exactly missed – Ok I will check it – This license is trial and limited – If you press the details it shows what is exactly missed – Ok. How I can repair it? – https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/24200966/ – But one question, what about the WinCC License? – I’m dealing with SCC 9, for using that version we have to install WinCC at the first step, license it, then install SCC and license it – Click details.
-PASCC-configuration license is missing or expired – but how fix it? – The trial version is expired. This is for deleting the trial version
-I need to know just how to communicate with the relay and uploading and downloading procedure? – I tried to communicate TIA15 – Regarding communication and upload and download I need to know the actual way, Because I have experience in Digsi and reydisp software with that I do that blindly but I couldn’t get the correct methods
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, CLICK
– I Install PCM 600 software, after the installation, I update the connectivity package by using the update manager. It shows an error like that ” server couldn’t connect”. How to resolve it? – Check your connection, if you are using a private network such as your company this may occur – but I use my internet and I turn off my firewall also but it again shows the same error. – PCM needs SQLSERVER, this software comes with a PCM package and during installation, you will see that at first SQLSERVER is installing. Maybe it doesn’t install correctly depending on your windows configuration – It’s true but I don’t think is this problem, it’s most likely of being something with an internet connection, try using VPN – Uninstalled SQL server then reinstall issue will be resolved – In the one substations sometimes we have a false alarm. Can anybody help me for finding the reason? – Check IED events and the MMS 61850 mapping – Probably another event is triggering the wrong MMS mapping – the IED did not save anything in the events. How I can check 61850 MMS mapping? – Can you cause this event again? – You can use a package monitoring software – I should trigger this signal manually – I’m not good at supervisory but I’m pretty sure you can track down on this one the logical device/logical nod..etc until discovering which event is causing this false alarm – Please try to load the CID once again in the IED – It seems they are some kind of GI? Don’t you think? Anyone knows how to resolve – Restart relay. – Already restarted – Try to read with PCM 2.6 And PCM 2.9. Try with a different laptop. – Already tried with another laptop – Kindly install the latest Hotfix file on your laptop.
– I doubt if we install fuse and MCB in the same rating, then if overload comes what operates first either fuse blown first or mcb operate first if it is so why? Reason. The same for short circuit condition – Fuse – Response time is faster than McBride -Could you please share with me the response time for MCB and fuse? – The answer depends on the thermal capability curve of each – How we can clarify? Any documents for this
– When Three generators are running in parallel, suddenly one generator got trip. What happens to other generators? I know that the speed of other generators will increase but I don’t know why? – According to the drop curve In other words they all agreed to provide the grid with a 50/60 Hz sinusoidal voltage waveform. You can only see the actual increase in speed when you disconnect the generator from the grid. This question is quite complex, the generators are running on the grid or isolated from the Power system? If are connected you need to know how big is the influence of these generators in the system. In other words, you will need a load flow simulation and a transitory simulation engine to know what will happen with the other machines because synchronous generators have angular stability that depends on the intrinsic constructive characteristics. If the system is isolated is most likely that the tripped machine will accelerate and the other machines will decrease speed, if the variant of power is the inside capability and angle stability the speed regulator and the voltage regulator will set a new operation point to guarantee the operation delivering the same amount of power (sorry for bad English, just woke up) – Actually, this is on a machine connected to an “infinite power” bus. If we are talking about a big loss of generation the machines will swing around the main frequency raising/decreasing speed, right? – If the frequency of the other two generators was raised means the speed has to increase right? – Because for speed=120f/p In synchronous machines speed -> frequency. But again, it’s most likely that the speed of the two remaining generators will decrease. Once you have the same amount of load and have to decrease your generation the electrical current on the remaining generators are higher, this will result in a bigger magnetic flux that will make a force in the opposite direction of the primary machine (turbine), in other words, this should break the generator. But as our colleague said, in a big power system you shouldn’t have speed variations. It will all depend on your system. Is impossible to give a precise answer without the information? – The speed will decrease most likely depending upon the governor’s response if they running in an isolated system. A change in active power demand or production causes a fluctuation of the speed (frequency). If a generator trips, the frequency will decline. If the loss of generation is greater than the spinning reserve, the frequency could eventually stabilize at a new value lower than the desired one. However, in practice, under-frequency relaying is used to reestablish the balance between power demand and available production. If the frequency decline is excessive, generating units can be automatically tripped off causing an additional decline of frequency, and possible collapse of the system. Acceleration torque (Ta) = T (mech) – T (elec). For small variations 😛 (mech) ≈ T (mech) P (elec) ≈ T (elec)
– how to download Micom Alstom relay software If you have any software links send – Google MiCOM S1 Agile
– Does anyone have Torkel win 3.0 (or any) software available? – I need to download digisi 4.91 or 4.93 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit – Anyone can help me to give me site, I can download it directly
– this relay does not turn on why? – Pls ensure the polarity of the Auxilary supply 26- Ok C1 is + and C2 is – – Are you sure about the exact output of your dc source? – Insulation failure at the termination… may be due to too much dust or deterioration of the Elbow connector
– Do you know how to reset the password of this device? – Yes, I have confirmed a polarity, some problem, relay not turn ON! – Is it a new relay? – Yes I used a CMC 256, auxiliary source. – When u turn On the supply measure the applied voltages on the terminals of the relay using a multimeter. – What happens when u use a test set. When u apply the voltage on the relay, the voltages drop. I face the same issue on Sr 489 relay using a CMC 356 – Check the applied voltage using a multimeter. – With changing the configuration and sending it to the relay, this error appeared, what the reason is? – Relay is in pickup condition, which function? – How can I find it? – Check General Introgation – Exit the pickup condition
– I am unable to connect through DIGSI – Can somebody guide me – Any fault is there – What is that LED glowing? – Check com number of laptop in device manager—> ports – Change your laptop serial Port configuration, Select the same com number in the laptop, and digsi. Maybe you don’t install the device driver. – Please check the VD address in ur digsi. Check your Siprotecs drivers
– Can anyone tell what is the password for the ABB 545 Feeder management relay? – To access the protection setting and to change the settings – Can anyone guide about Generator Overcurrent with Voltage Restraint protection – in our dcs system we can get disturbance records of all relays but one. I checked the relay with ied explorer, cfg exists in the relay but the bus doesn’t get it. The Comtrade directory address and everything are fine. Can I use Wireshark to see what’s happening to the file? I used the MMS filter, but I need a more specific one. Does the file transfer through MMS protocol at all? Can anyone guide me?
– We have AVR fed by PMG, can we disable the Voltage Restraint or Voltage Controlled function? – Kindly use Wireshark and check this shall help u – With which filter? – Can anyone in the group help with this – What is the effect of ambient temperature on SF6 gas pressure! – Guage readings could be different in day and night timings? Especially in winters – Pressure will reduce in Winters And especially at night, u might face an alarm or trip in the night and that alarm may go away in the morning – 7 bar at 20 degree
– If there was a fault during the charging, only the setting of high set elements HS1 and HS2 were there. If the value of the current sense by the relay is more than the set point, the relay generates the tripping command?
– Sel is using two functions at the same time. Blocking (cross block) plus harmonic restraint. In that case, if both functions are working in parallel, and during energization, the relay detects fault current. Or high current in any phase with little or no harmonics. Harmonic restraints func will issue trips without going towards high set or unrestraint.
– What is the DCRP approval? – For Ministry approval in Oman.
– Y 67 function is always +45 degrees? – Even I also have seen + 30. So it depends on how the earthing system achieved.
– In a line that has underground cables & OHL lines together how do they calculate distance setting? – The total impedance will be ohl+ug – No, it’s called a hybrid feeder. Current differential with backup distance protections. distance protection zone 1 should be calculated accordingly from the OHL end. – I think in this case separate Zone is added to the Underground feeder to block Auto Reclosure – but FO can’t be laid along with OHL. – What if the feeder has more pieces of cable combined with OHL, Where the exact zone can’t be defined? – Why VFD isn’t contributing the fault current into the system? – FO can be layed along with OHL. We have Differential protection in line through FO cable
– My relay version is 5. can I use this. – Your relay is pickup still not operated. – CB compartment sf6 gas low in stage 1 or 2.? – I think the alarm is stage 1 trip is stage 2. – UV1 IS AN ALARM. – If possible can you change Remote to local? – Please check the configuration, if you giving a start for UV1. It will not trip, in Siemens Relay, UV will operate when the minimum current setting is off. Please check in this relay also if the Minimum current requirement is there means to make it Off, Otherwise, check any block is given. For example VT MCB Off status like that.
– from the top near the main display 50 operate LED and 51 operate LED light blinking with red color, so what is the meaning of this? -Now transformer operates with this condition, and only one feeder is loaded with 5 amp only.
– So is any problem arise in this type of condition? And also how to reset this one to get the normal operation? – If the master trip has operated…just reset the master trip relay and charge the breaker. – To rest LEDs just press clear and go through the navigation.
– Can I get the default passwords of 7sj82 & 7ut85? – available on siemens website
-How do we calculate the tap ratio? Every time shows While I upload file to new relay, may I know what’s problem is? – Check the error – Existing file details are Configuration version: V07.31 Communication configuration version: V07.54 – Use the same version to extract the file other else download offline and then try
– New relay firmware version V 07.54 Can’t connect with a new relay. Not communicating with new relay .. every time failed. – connect by front port through of 7sj82 relay – Check if you can see the relay in your online connection. Relay firmware version V07.54 and Existing file firmware version V07.31 Maybe you have a problem with the USB driver. – It’s necessary to install the same firmware version on your computer – The Protocols device driver is installed too?
– Line voltage inject 30 degrees lead to phase voltage, Ryb 0 _120 120 – Check voltage across the coil point – Manual have? – Check your schematic drawing
– What is the reason for L1-E, L2-E, L3-E voltage higher than L1-N, L2-N, L3-N? – May be neutral is at some potential higher than earth potential. It is feeding a temporary generator and at the generator, side neutral was grounded – Maybe that grounding is not proper -Neutral is not properly grounded, therefore proper reading is coming w.r.t earth instead of neutral.
– How can I change 7UT85 Relay input by DIGSI 5? – How can I change 7sj82 relay output (NO/NC) by software? – Through CFC only
– how to update the firmware of GE Relay type MIF II. – I have a problem with the magnetic balance test in the transformer. lv side magnetic balance is ok but the HV side is not okay? – Please check proper termination of cables and also check any carbonization at the terminal point
– Then there are any flux leakages inside any core is more as compared to other cores where the winding is done. – Try to demagnetize the core. – Connect LV supply to LV side and switch ON & OFF several times say 20 – before magnetic balance which test had you perform – If vector test or any other test u have performed then this type of error may occur
– If u have done DC winding resistance test then there may be the possibility of demagnetization of core – How can I do time synchronization through SNTP ON REF615? – I changed the IP address but the time and date are not synchronous.
– Is it a new CT or old? 1) As it is primary wounded CT, insulation fails between primary to secondary windings. Because of voids presence in epoxy moldings. 2) when it is loaded condition, secondary circuits may be opened and leads to high voltage on its terminals which leads to insulation fails on the secondary coil and inter turns fault happened. – This old one.. and in-cabin we found humidity. – CT circuit is ok. Because I already checked through injections of current. – Then in this case more moisture contents are present in primary winding molding portions which lead to such. – proceed to partial discharge (PD) tests
– anything can cause a flash inside the switchgear itself? which can be found during maintenance? – all this can be found during maintenance test/troubleshooting/clearance for normally open Bay. – broken CT / crack on the body/insulation breaks down. once a flash happened no one can be 100% exactly sure what exactly causes the problem inside the SWG parts. if Arc flash happened to the old switchgear I would inspect and test the other CT inside the substation.
– test CT and visualizy check – to spare panel / normally open, etc – CT is not affected by any external impact. Failure happens inside the CT itself
– For these results transformer is healthy and if there is a problem what it could be? – Red phase Resistance – What is the problem of the red phase? – Used new CT’S with new switchgear. – I think the red phase is dead short – Why is the second phase to phase and phase to neutral is same value?
– I want to know why you see the red phase is defective – Have you checked the factory test report? – I didn’t find it – But due to physical inspection we saw suite on yellow phase – It seems the yellow phase flashed – What about IR value? – But I am so sure that Y I have the result for discussion – what is IR? – Insulation resistance – Primary and secondary are separate coils Hv – ground = 18Gohm LV – Ground = 18 M ohm HV – LV = 42 G ohm – RY and BR values are equal – YB mostly 2 times – So are PHASE only possible to short? – If so that would also reflect in ratio, vector group, magnetizing current? – That is the nameplate of that transformer – Are you measure these test – Sorry this is delta winding so -why phase may open, How do you measure these results? By using multimeter or transformers winding resistance measurement kits like TRM or CPC 100 ?? – If you use multimeter secondary value will show a minimum of 0.1 ohms in multimeter but if you use proper testing equipment means values to be in milliohms – Yes for secondary should use this equipment – What I think why phase is open hence when you measure YB the result =RY + RB, see even vector group connection diagram – Actually, if it is star means red short but this is delta so yellow should open – Multimeter
Hello, thank you for visiting our site By joining our WhatsApp and Telegram groups, Discuss international electrical engineers and solve your problems about electricity. You can also take benefit of our free files and see our training packages at the link below: https://elec-engg.com/category/training-course/
– How to download the s1 studio data model from the internet? – Go to data model manager
– Do you know the prive of DIgSILENT Library software? – Anyone has a 7sj82 device driver V07.50.10? – You can get Siemens website – Only available V07.50
– What is the reason of ABTS (relay)function only gives rise to the command to the transformer tap? – Hello! I´m changing a communication SIPROTEC 4 7SA612<->(RS485)RMC20 RuggedCom<->(RS232)PC to SIPROTEC 4 7SA612<->(RS485)[RS416 RuggedCom]. At SIPROTEC 7SA612 I´m using the PortB with an AME module (pins 3 as RS485 A Signal, 5 as GND, and 8 as B signal). At RS416 I´m using pins 2 as A signal, 7 as B signal, and 5 as GND. Between pins 2 and 7 I´m using a 120Ohm resistor. Unhappily, the new configuration isn´t running. Although, using RMC to convert 485 to 232 before connecting RS416, the communication runs. So, some suggestions to establish communication RS485 between SIPROTEC4 7SA612 and RS416?
– How to calculate fault current with RMS value? – Inject current a little bit more from Setting value. – One of my multiline 489 motor management protection relays is having a Reverse Power fault on Generator-B, I removed the relay and installed it on Generator-C, the same Reverse Power fault surface on the same relay, please can anyone help me to troubleshoot this? – Please check the current direction selected on the relay concerning the CT Polarities
– Hello Everyone I am a fresher electrical Engineer, Having a problem with the relay connection. – When we press the first Switch our lamp goes on and when we pressed the second switch, the second lamp goes on and our first lamp goes off. When we pressed the Third switch our third lamp goes on and our second lamp goes off. And finally, we have the stop switch Button when we pressed All lamp goes off.
– Don’t know why I am not getting transformer winding resistance properly? but remaining all tests are ok – In the same tap I Am not getting an equal resistance value, I m getting RY=89mohm YB=104mohm & BR=111mohm – Is it testing equipment is calibrated? – Try measurement with higher current, say 5 – 10A Test without regulation winding. RY may have some issues? – Avoid using clamps on nuts or threads. Clamp it on the main stud. Make sure tightness in the testing equipment or on the transformer side. Records the value in the same or nearby temperature. You suppose to get similar values.
– Is there anyone who has DR analysis material? How to the analysis of any disturbance recorder? how can we analyze fault? Which kind of fault is this or how can we identify the fault?
-Hello everyone. Does anybody know MR tapcon AVR handling? – When CAN bus communication is cut between master &follower AVR it’s not operating in independent mode. Voltage regulations are not performing. – Anybody how to view digital events for SEL relay? – Hello anyone has RET615 abb relay ANSI connectivity package ver. 2.0? – I have ANSI relay product version 2.0.6. I have installed 4.0.3,4.04 and 5.1 ver But when in the ordering selection tool XC product version is not shown – Relay ordering code is
– Use update manager and update your PCM – This all relay one software only acSELerator QuickSet SEL-5030.
– Can anybody help to share the “life assessment report for transformer “ for my reference? – The configuration online and offline are different, you have to read the device and then start Monitoring – I want Alstom to make MViec 61850M 61 relay catalog. Anybody has? – Screw will be there on the sides. we removed both screws but it is not open – Pull it or put screwdriver at outside and push slowly…shake from all sides..make it softer and open – Parameter set of the relay should not be higher than the relay template in the Software – Could someone explain the power management system? – How to solve this? – You missed the front panel! Scroll down and you can see that the device does not have a front panel. Drag and drop a front panel liberally and then check the consistency – What’s cb2? – What should I do about this? – Your DIGSI need to have the same P.Set as the device have, So update your DIGSI which is suitable for your device – Where 2 generators are sharing a network load both are in droop configuration? What would be the effect of manually increasing the speed on one of the generators? – 1. If the network is grid-connected, the frequency is locked, hence the generator will take more load.
– If it is an isolated system, then system frequency will increase? However, when 2Gens ate running one should be master and the other should be in droop -What is droop configuration? – You’ll find this in the turbine control panel. Generally, For turbine control in grid sync condition or load sharing mode.
– What is the reason the generator shaft current would be increased? – Rotor Earth fault with Pulse injection or any other method? – In the shaft, we have CT and the CT cable connected to the shaft current monitoring device – Can we able to communicate through a Multimode patch cord on a Single-mode port? anybody knows pls clear me. Insulation failure of rotor wdg? – No everything it’s OK actually when the turbine rotates high speed the shaft current also increase that I want to know what are the would-be shaft current increase – shaft current increased means, on load if MVAr is High that time shaft current is higher side if the load is less than rated and MVAr is low u get low shaft current
– What’s mean by cold load pickup protection?
– What is the purpose of this Aviation ball? – Giving information to pilot that there is a HIGH TENSION LINE. Warning balls for airplanes
– I have some issues with my Siprotec compact 7sj802. I have 3 VT connected in open delta, I set U12, U23, UE based on the connection diagram, but I have Over/Under and General Trip LED. Now I switched off over under voltage function to solve the issue
-Can anyone help me whether the connection type is ok? What about matching ratio phase vt to open delta vt, it is set 1.73, is it ok? – Instead of 1.732 put 3, Normal 110/√3, But broken delta 110/3
– Relay shows blocked mode. how can I reset it? – settings error. – Device MLFB and disgi MLFB mismatch – Correct digsi MLFB. U should HV a device file. Not variant file
– Does anyone clarify My CT has 30 VA I need to add AVR Relay so that power consumption is 35VA & intrinsic consumption 1VA above which burden, I have to follow?
– Hi. my relay file has VD address 10003 whereas the relay itself has a VD address of 10001 in Siemens 7UM61. How can I match?
– Hi bro, what is the difference between partial busbar protection and high impedance busbar protection? – partial you mean Low impedance? – No.. that one also has high impedance only – I think connection might be the difference
– What is the origin of the abbreviation KMBG the main switch? – Please clarify Why ICT requires both sides of V/F protection? – Anyone test Siemens distance with the double kit? – If anyone has P545 ALSTOM LINE DIFFERENTIAL, RIO FILE SEND ME
– For directional relay 67 ANSI feature. What is the angle normally set in the relay? That relay should operate in one direction. 45 degree. Yes. Forward Direction
– It depends on your system. If it is a plain feeder and zero seq point behind your relay then 30deg while if it is transformer feeder with zero seq point in front of the relay then 45 deg – Thanks. Can you please share its formula how it is decided to be 45 – Zero sequence point in front of and behind the relay means? Can u explain a bit more?
– Under impedance protection testing details with calculation, if have any documents impedance testing – Does anyone has testing documents for Siemens differential relay apart from the usual Siemens documents(Manual)?
– Could anyone tell me how can I find MTA from the characteristic angle of directional overcurrent relay, because as you know when we test in omicron we need MTA, but in the relay setting there is the characteristic angle.
– Hi anyone uses megger TDR 1000 /3 fault detector for cable?? – The SQL server error is popping while opening PCM 600 software – Can u please guide me on how to get rid of it
Electrical engineers can find us on WhatsApp, Likundon, Instagram, site, and email. To follow And use the content between engineers around the world. Electrical engineer Dr. Saeed Roostaee with his online training about using and working with relays will help you learn, work with relays in the shortest possible time and at a reasonable price. Follow us on
The final setting is 85v stage 1 pick up so when I reduced the voltage from 100 until 85V its picked up LED & BO Also but When I need to Chek drop up it will drop up only 101 V – So it’s showing when the system is healthy to still UV is not reset. So how can I make drop up LED & BO before Nominal voltage 100V – You want to Decrease the drop-off ratio, this setting will come additional setting check – My drop-off ratio is 1.2. I think to keep a minimum of 1.05 – So you will get 85×1.05=89.25V – actually, the secondary of a bushing CT is connected with AVR for OLTC because AVR needs the ongoing load value of a transformer. This means that in case of overloading conditions, AVR will be blocked. So, one CT is enough for giving a response. – Here in all OLTC, CT is connected in Y Phase only. Is there any specific reason for it? – Maybe it’s a practice – AVR is used just to maintain the Nominal voltage. This CT is are using only for measuring purposes. Not protection purpose. So one phrase is enough for AVR – What is the need for measuring current in OLTC? -: In AVR CT they are using 2 purpose 1)when current reach 120 % as per customer AVR will not give rise or lower command (AVR BLOCK) 2)circulating reactive current detection That CT is used for winding temperature measurement
– I am going to take the initiative to offer a 100 percent free training course on Autocad Electrical which is one of the most wanted software globally.
Electrical engineer, Dr. Saeed Roostaee with his online training packages about using and working with relays will help you learn to work with relays in the shortest possible time and at a reasonable price.www.Elec-engg.com
– Hi, anybody has a tool for making an operating curve for OC, EF, Overflux where I can merge 2 to 3 stage DT/IDMT Related to IEC 618590 protocol. I need to merge Generator Over flux and my proposed setting DT/IDMT needs to merge on the graph. – Do anyone knows what is the purpose of the Lightning arrester. I know the purpose of surge arrester But need to know why we use lightning words especially lightning is quick, like 50us, and surger is to 200ms to 1000m. lightning has bigger voltage, and surge bigger energy. – Lightning arrester is used for high-voltage against natural phenomena. a surge arrester is used for high-voltage -Please explain a simple process of how this occurs with an example if possible for you – Lightning arrester..1)used in buildings is a plain rod with ionizing effect and transmits the high energy to the ground..2) used in switchyards and generator terminals is an NLR device which conducts the high energy to ground, it can also be in a combination of surge capacitor depending upon the equipment being protected.
– What will happen when lightning occurs on a transmission line. Then will it travel to substations? – OHGW is used to protect T/L from lighting. It didn’t travel to substations, however, each piece of equipment in the substation has a separate bodyguard for lighting – Then sir why do we use a lightening word for LA If is not protected from lightening ie from the sky – LA is installed in a substation near T/F. In starting also Means incoming of Line. Sometimes on both sides of T/F. In some, they are only installed on the HV side. – That’s why the first equipment in swyd where this transmission line ends is the LA to protect from lightning and surges as well. – Shield wire is also part of the lightning protection system to protect trafo from switching surges.
– Why secondary side of CT is shorted? – How to measure PT resistance??? – With the help of the resistance meter kit. – Do you mean pt winding resistance? Yup, insulation resistance with the help of Megger?
-Earthing should be chosen from the VT body or another point? – What is the range (min) & (max) value of insulation resistance? – Because at the secondary side current is hardly 1 or 5A so in that case voltage is too much If we open the terminal there is a chance of the blast – What will happen when the secondary is open-circuited and your primary is on load, according to the transformation ratio, the primary has to be there is secondary, As the secondary is open-circuited, the current will flow through the core. – As the core has a high impedance, even a small amount of current through it will produce an extra-high voltage which eventually fails the insulation and a short circuit happens. – So in short never leave your secondary in CT open circuit or lose. – Any spare core should be shorted – A PT or VT has its primary resistance (is from the HV tap node to the ground) in the range of 10-100 ohms.
– It is an old distance relay, and it works on the principle of resistance per phase? – This is not a distance relay. This I’d line differential relay for a short distance with a pilot wire protection system. – The two pilot wires are calculated with a loop resistance 2*R and a resistor R – So how can I calculate the setting? any procedure? – The Instrument transformers do alter the original signal during transformation, so the relay allows for a minimum phase shift during transformation, so the phase shift can be accommodated – It is a family of the DLN Should give a basic understanding 18/abb pcm600, abb14 –IEC 61850 training Bhatti: I try to do so. – Transmission line protection by pilot wires (pilot relaying) is limited to 30 to 40 km in route length. For longer transmission lines and sub-transmission lines or even distribution feeders, distance protection is used. – So they are in theory born of the same philosophy of resistance per length of the chosen pilot wires – This is limited to the pilot wire differential applications.
– What will happen if one CT sec. star point towards the object and one CT sec away from the object in differential protection? – The relay will act for external fault.
– I have one question: what is the formula or how do we calculate the arc flash energy values for the specific switchgear? – There would be a non-zero component of differential current on all phases. t = time duration of the fault – You may also star towards the object and load. these features can be set in the above-named relays Once it has clocking features, it also has to come with sequence tweaking for they work together to give the microprocessor a sense of rotating. – DY set the clock at 6 to invert, not o
– Anybody sends an IEEE guide for safety in SUBSTATIONS earthing Testing parameters. – Can You share any testing procedure and method of transformer testing Pdf? Please
– I have to replace existing Solkar Rf relays with Numerical relays. What consequences need to face during these modifications? Someone has done this job before please suggest a line of actions, a logical sequence without interruption of buses.
– What is Digsi 4 & Digsi 5 software? how to use this? – First of all, you need to install it on your computer. Digsi 5 and 4 are the software we used to configure the Siemens Siprotec relay. – Can I configure Siemens all types of the relay to use this software? – I don’t think. Digsi is proprietary software.
Electrical engineers can find us on WhatsApp, Likundon, Instagram, site, and email. To follow, use the content described and easily talk to engineers around the world. Electrical engineer Dr. Saeed Roostaee with his online training on using and working with relays will help you learn to work with relays in the shortest possible time and at a reasonable price. Follow us on
– How to simulate protection function using a virtual injection in Vamp255? How to assign the DR in Micom Esergy Studio soft?
– Voltage measurements issue across the output of the charger – Voltage across the phase- neutral found ok. 120 v. But across the phase – the ground couldn’t be found. Slowly go to zero volts. – How much is neutral to the ground? What is the charger rating? – Zero volt – Maximum current 27.2 Amp – That is what we call floating voltage, phantom voltage (Ghost Voltage) -The reason for this is there is no real link between those two points Or there is saturation in the source hence the load loading the source phenomenon -This can happen if, for example, you are trying to power a 100W 120v rated electric bulb using the output from a source that has a lesser burden let’s say a VT with a 50VA burden. – Check for Case 3 – what is the actual reason behind this issue – I mean why did it happen like this – If case 1 is suspected Look for a digital multimeter with a LoZ voltage reading range check for potential. If the value is zero still check for Case 2. Short the two suspected terminals through a 2 Amp fuse. If the fuse does not blow Check for Case 3, Look at the burden of the transformer, and test the in-built transformer for coil continuity. – By which time you would have already found your problem? – Please note that all the steps have to be done with any multimeter that has the (LoZ) Auto Voltmeter. Start a Private chat with me, if you still need help troubleshooting – In PCM 600 SOFTWARE is unable to read the relay. Can anyone help? – It says the relay is an inconsistent state. Try again to read from the relay. Make sure u are on the main page of HMI – Check the IP address. Then relay reset using the power of the relay. Then try to connect and hope to resolve – Made Power on/off then the PCM 600 read from Relay – What are the criteria for min line length protected through modern distance relay? – I think it can be 100 meters. There are no criteria it’s all about economics and how sensitive the supply is No minimum or maximum length! Notice that during shunt voltage becomes very small and currently becomes very high, hence admittance tends to move towards infinity. But for a very short distance, line differential should be preferred. The 9 members of the matrices can only be compared to the set values by the relay microprocessor as the diagonal members are in theory smaller than others. – Distance protection zone 2,3 operating time coordination with backup OC n EF protection if not meet grading shall we block all zones – Hi. I have one key question short circuit ratings are normally given in 1 sec or 3 sec. For instance 25Ka for 3 sec or may 25ka for 1 sec.
-So how do we choose 1 sec or 3 sec or decide or go for type testing – The essence of this rating supposedly on switchgear is to know the limit you can push the interrupter to, but it is not good to test switchgear at these values (not that you can get a 25KA test kit) because this would be defeating the purpose of NDT Non-Destructive Testing of the switchgear interrupter.
And for a transformer, motor, and other devices, if Isc is on the nameplate then it is the current that would spoil the coil if it lasts 1 – 3secs. The maximum short circuit would be less than or equal to the rated current times the inverse impedance voltage.
– what is the usual Zone 1 trip time setting in distance protection? – 0 mS – How to get Wh values from Siemens relay through IEC61850? We are getting only pulse qty -How about 50 ms Zone 1 distance protection trip time setting? – Even setting 0, the actual trip will be around 40ms may take? – Is the relay in circuit/ already installed and in use? – I tried to change some output configurations after that relay configuration error is coming – Setting File will be stored in the relay, not an error -Manually reset the factory default setting, then try to ups Lod the same configuration. – How to do a manual reset?
– How to trigger disturbance records for Binary input of ABB relay. I had configured binary input 2 for disturbance records in the application configuration but not triggered. – Generator pole slip protection regarding the document can I get sir? – Which is preferable to use CVT or IVT? – CVT is Suitable for the outdoors. Cheaper and used for wave trap (communication between two substations)
– How to calculate Relay setting for differential protection…?? -The old relay was DTH31 with a Bias setting of 15 % – Now installed RET615 relay. – How to calculate new settings? – Numerical Relays, No need for this type of connection. – Replacing relay panel is existing substation. – Can’t change CT on both sides. – May I get any documents where have pole slip testing procedures are available? please. Please share these books. – Nothing to share just cover pages – Hello Partners. I need a favor from you about software to use Sepam Serie 20 Relay, please – Don’t switch the supply off for this relay otherwise it will damage – What is the circulating current in parallel transformers?
– What is the suitable differential setting? – could you suggest to me which brand is better? – Eltel Or Doble CPC 100/ TD12 is the best. M4100 Doble year kit is rugged
-what is that CTM? – lotting machine – what is the meaning of the BR.D reading I got from the Megger insulation tester? -The bridged connection between life and earth
– Someone, can you help explain wet/dry contact? – With voltage/potential it is called wet contact. Does anyone have to cost data of medium voltage submarine cables?
– Anybody knows about the dielectric strength test of oil used in transformers Kindly share about its minimum acceptance result standard if any? – Yes tried but nothing displays that’s why I ask?? Could you tell me the default password?? – 2 for configuration change – You can reset from relay only. – First of all go. relay default front page then -> give the password down key and reset (ok) -Actually, I reviewed the manual it was written 4-digit password but didn’t mention the password accordingly we just tried 0000, 2222, 4444. These three also passwords are incorrectly shown. – You communicate with PC? Default password 2 for configuration change/ 1 for operator – Only 2 password – No just by hand – Ok. Press only 2
– Can anyone share an SLD for protection? – Please share the full version pdf of IEC 62271-200&100 – Anyone can share IEC 61643? – Does anyone have any testing procedure for Ziv relays
– Can anyone share your area panel scheme which shows DC control supply distribution and how redundancy is achieved for control supply in case of failure of the one? – This is a good system as it parallels feeding and it will not be in if one of the power supply get trip – Did anyone notice a DC voltage spike at the output of the diode assembly? due to multiple dc earth faults.? Actually, in my system, 4 blocking diodes are being used. Two earth faults occurred simultaneously in the system, the first earth in source-1 +ve branch and the second earth on source-2 negative branch due to which system voltage got doubled to 440V – Did anyone go through such kind of situation? – Is there any difference between core balance CT and Toroid CT? – Some Toroid CTs are used for core balance measurements because they have very high sensitivity & resolution.
– Please share the practical Earthing book. – Does anyone have ABB SPAJ 140C or 150C operational manual? please share -Please send a differential relay Calibration test report format.
– Can we install/retrofit the ERMS switch in the existing LT swgr panel?
– Who has experience with microgrids here? – Distance relay test procedure please by Omicron without OCC – You should do it yourself because there would be peculiarities to your system not in mine – hope you have a CMC kit and a license file. – Do have any calculations for RIO Graph .. please share
– We are having random tripping of Terasaki ACB (ARS216S) which is connected on the primary side of the step-up Tx (415/6.6kV) which eventually is causing to trip all the GCB’s connected in parallel to different gensets. Any idea what can cause this issue? The sec side of the TX is HV VSD which is running fine without creating any issue. – Tripping is immediate after startup? -No. The system sometimes runs for even half an hour and then just trips for no reason without even introducing a new load – More. ACB should have a built-in event recorder. It will give you cause and time of tripping -How to download that? Is there software or something? – Try step by step to analyze and move forward to correct – No. It should have an LCD that shows real-time current. Configuration settings and the event history of ladt tripping – Can you share its screenshot or video – Yes correct. Will ask for the photos once it will occur again. Right now the system is working fine for almost 9hrs
-Quick CMC through Distance protection test possible sir? Or advanced Distance module required for the test? -Testing is possible, but need to manually calculate the current and voltage value for a specific impedance, in quick CMC. – May I get manually calculation of Impedance – You can select directly impedance instead of Voltage & Current…option available… – Distance protection test report may I get sir? Calculation of distance protection may I get sir? Please share. – Artificially Line Ground fault created on Raigarh puglur HVDC to tune relay settings. – Always theoretical & assumption workouts may not give accuracy. Sometimes needs to be tuned in a practical way – I saw firsthand something like this go wrong, and it was fatal – I am working in HVDC Raigarh and this line fault is tried several times in the commissioning period to get accurate tuning of the online dc line fault locator. – I know it is really dangerous to carry out the line fault successfully – There are remote controlled projectile devices, so try to be on a safe side -: How is that fault created?
-I need this relay technical manual anyone has kindly shared with me – Is it possible to share ur valuable advice on the following concern. Resistive/impedance reduced fault happens when the fault is not happening at the first bus, say after x km of line/earth. Recall that the line has intrinsic properties of ( y + j z) ohm/km. Also, there is an intrinsic resistivity of the earth which increases its resistance by distance R = pL/A – Why do we need DEF protection in distance? But 87 cannot detect Internal faults? Is REF more sensitive as compared to the differential – I read somewhere that phase-to-ground faults are highly resistive, and to clear these faults we need more sensitive protection like DEF? – SEF not DEF – I think he’s asking about the Directional Earth fault – 87 detects internal faults on phases – Yes I am asking about DEF also which is mostly used in distance relays for transmission lines – What’s the stability test? How can perform for the 66 VK substation? – Please send the method procedure for this test. – When the energized line comes in contact with a grounded thing like a tree branch it finds its path through the ground back to the substation. Because the magnitude of the current may not be enough to offset the 0.1 – 0.2 I> set for earth fault, it detects only through the NGCT a negative feedback current more like the SBEF but it monitors when there is a reverse from s2 – s1 This means DEF is used because it is used primarily for phase to ground faults and is more sensitive to Ph-G faults?
– Anybody knows about the multi-stage series power filter? – There is no potential difference hence no effect -No. due to the complete cycle.. neutral should be needed. -Consider Phase to phase then? – I guess. Phase to phase, it will come as shock as the circuit is completed – It will be a short circuit -This person will get electrocuted based on the condition of his hands (ie., Surface resistance) and his body resistance. Pls remember the step potential diag, with differences, the earth is replaced with conductor and legs with hands. – We need to know the cable impedance per meter, the current flowing, and distance hand-hand -Voltage drop is negligible. See also resistivity of aluminum vs soil resistivity
Join 20 WhatsApp groups for protection engineers
WhatsApp Grp 01: Protection Relay – General
WhatsApp Grp 02: Substation Automation – General
WhatsApp Grp 03: Transmission line protection
WhatsApp Grp 04: Transformer protection
WhatsApp Grp 05: Motor protection
WhatsApp Grp 06: Generator protection
WhatsApp Grp 07: Overcurrent and Earth Fault Protection
WhatsApp Grp 08: Busbar protection and Bay controller
WhatsApp Grp 09: Breaker protection and control
WhatsApp Grp 10: Protection Relay Testing and commissioning
WhatsApp Grp 11: DIgSILENT
WhatsApp Grp 12: ETAP
WhatsApp Grp13: PSCAD
WhatsApp Grp 14: IEC 61850 configuration
WhatsApp Grp 15: Switchgear GIS & AIS
WhatsApp Grp 16: GE Relay Configuration
WhatsApp Grp 17: SIEMENS Relay configuration
WhatsApp Grp 18: Schnider Relay configuration
WhatsApp Grp 19: SEL Relay Configuration
WhatsApp Grp 20: ABB Relion configurationor more services
– How can calculate the Vector group of CT? – CT doesn’t have any VG – However, they do have minimal phase shifts – Just D or Y connection depending on the application? -basically, this CT is used for Differential protection. Star is best for the object to be protected. Star point on all s2 for HV CTs. Star point on all s1 for LV CTs -This is center taped so s3 for full ratio or s2 for half ratio
– Does anybody assist what is slope value for the single side-feed line? I saw the manual they didn’t mention value. Is there any fixed value for that slope? In setting also didn’t find value for that single feed value. – Slopes are calculated! And it is the boundaries that set trip areas and operating regions. What is your operation criterion?
– When I want to test different Protection for DYN11 using quick CMC how much the angle of secondary current when I use 0 angles for primary side current certainly for the same phase. – For Dyn11. 180+30=210 & balance angle Should be applied in LV side – why +30 for 11 I guess it is – 30 – -330(CW)=30(ACW) – Why use quick CMC? When you can use Advanced different operating characteristics? – Try any of the two and just input your system parameters for both test object and system. Omicron would do the rest for you. – Actually, as you said it is better but there was a problem. When I open diff characteristic the connection between CMC and pc interrupted – Have you ever had the same issue? I don’t know the reason
-What CMC model do you have? – Cmc 356 – Okay then you should be having RJ45 Network cable – When I use OC. quick no problem When I use advance diff the problem occurs – Download the latest model of Test universe and install it. Most likely your antivirus engulfed some registries that contain omicron executable files – Deactivate it when installing and reactivate back shortly after. Check if u have a license for advance differential
– How to test current reversal and power swing in p546 micom – Kindly how to test differential using quick CMC
– help please by checking to debug online in PCM ABB REL670 is showing block input 1 to its all protection what can be the reason? – means block input is 1 there is nothing attached to it but it is 1 and no function is tripping
– Anyone has an idea in EF19 thermal overload relay make abb While testing relay operating less than setting current (that means 75% of setting current)?
– what‘s the reason for Using the function 59N and if necessary creating a ring loop for all my relays in the SWGR?? – Do you have information about C&P in Substation? -132kV, 24MVAR Capacitor Banks (group 1 & 2 = each 12Mvar, 8MVAR/phase) when tested on-site by applying three phases 400V give acceptable values of 318mA on each phase thru clamp meter. – However, when group 2 of the blue phase was intentionally cut off for testing purposes, it showed the following suspicious result? (instead of 318mA) Blue: Group-1 160mA (normal) and group-2: 0A (acceptable value) – What is the reason behind 290mA values for red and yellow? It shouldn’t be 318mA? Anyone, please – What could be the solution for the above error – Is it over Ethernet or Front port – Also you can ignore the error. In the case of the front port try with Moxacable – Schneider Recommenda Moxa cable for front port communication. It’s with Mona cable and front port -What is the communication port number your using? – Can you send the photo of the device manager moxa driver settings? – Use com1 for communication. If still not able to send a file, try to send the required parameters only. Open setting file, say you want to send VT PRIMARY, then click on and send data to the device
– If Anyone has a 7sk80 thermal overload calculation sheet pls share -While extracting disturbance recorder in Micom p643 relay, we have this error operation failed?
– In my power plant, DC system +ve is solidly earthed. Checking it through megger to make the BGFT kit but am now able to locate the fault. Due to a system running I cannot switch off the dc controlled feeders. Can anyone suggest to me any other option, idea, or any other kit through which I can get the help.? – Megger BGFT is the best way to locate the DC ground fault without switching off DC circuits, u just need to measure the impedance from the main source until reaching the branch circuit that has the fault – But it is failed at my location to trace the fault. As per OEM due to complex DC circuits and the use of electronic cards in breaker feeders is not allowing the kit to trace. But this should not be the reason. Looking for some more options to identify – I have a question for everybody, Anyone has a document or example for the cargability of CTS? – I am doing testing for sepam87T, diff function does not operate but other functions in the relay are operating. I tried to fix this issue by activation output and led but still not working. The relay read current on both sides and read diff current but there is no output – I didn’t check sepam87T. CT Matching Factor (ICT) Star point of the CT connection Vector connections of TR While injecting dual Current, check the phase angle magnitude /Compensation. – Check output configuration, And Confirm any Blocking signal generate due to Breaker feedback / CTS… – Actually, I checked the output configuration. What do you mean by blocking? For Example 3 Wdg differential, only you are injecting Two Wdg, Third wdy CTS may Block the output But Function will work…
– Can anyone help me to resolve this issue, I installed PCM for the first time. – can you see some QR codes in IED? – No, nothing like this on IED – 220kv Alstom china, breaker drawing required, kindly share – Hello! Suggestions to power simulators instead of double or omicron? -ISA. DRTS series from ISA
– Crowbar failed alarm was triggered in my AVR system (ABB UNITROL 5000) and the same got reset automatically. failed alarm triggered. Can anyone tell me the actual root cause to avoid in the future.?
– Do anyone has Abb REF 541 relay operational manual please share it with us – https://abbtm.fi.abb.com/PST/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fPST%2f – Can anyone please tell me the testing procedure of low impedance busbar protection for 132kv single breaker double busbar protection? – Let’s see your single line first -Next step? – Testing procedures can have peculiarities. I would give you the testing procedure if I see the power flow / single line. – Loss of Excitation of generator protection test process or calculation may I know sir .. please share related documents.
– 90% stator earth fault protection Test process please share with me. – Have any process. Voltage injected in relay PT coil but not trip. What is the protection operating criterion? Is it only open delta voltage-based or NGT voltage-based or both? – Open delta voltage based – Inject normal voltage in any one phase of terminal pt so that no VT alarm came. Then inject in open delta pt and NGT as setting values. It should trip – Setting value 14 volt – Anyone can give an idea about starting auxiliary relays manufacturing? -Setting value injected Ji .. but not coming trip /alarm – Is there any other ct or vt alarm coming during voltage injection? – LV BCT can’t be ignored for REF. For LV side BCT is mandatory for REF SCHEME – So anybody has used IPCT? What are its consequences? – These connections might be possible when one of the windings of t/f is delta connected (like dyn11, ynd1, etc.) but these connections can’t be made on auto t/f – So, you mean either higher values or IPCTs should be used for mismatched REF if it is connected!
– Anyone has a CGI14S manual? – Can someone please help me with the soft copy of NEC2020 – CG relay communication software anyone has? – Default password? – 000000 -For 7UT51? – 6time 0
-kindly find below the steps to restart the 7SR relay Switch off the relay. – Press and hold the TEST / RESET key (continuously until the startup menu is displayed) and switch on the relay supply. The display will appear startup menu. Select cold re-start or warm re-start. Please check and update the relay status after re-start. – In 7SL86 line differential relay charging current compensation setting is mandatory for local and remote end OR only local end? – Please share the Scope of work for Numerical relay testing and frequency.
-Does anyone have a power transformer acceptable error limits of its testing like winding resistance, ratio test, etc. – What is the purpose of using TPY accuracy class CT? – Check the device specified tech norm applied – Hi. Can someone confirm on Energy Meter accuracy testing of.0.2 and 0.5? What test equipment is used for this testing? – Please confirm -CMC 356 Omicron
In this package, all the training courses (DIGSI 4, DIGSI 5, ETAP, DIGSI 4, DIGSI 5, ETAP, PSCAD, IEC 61850, PCM 600, Micom, and Testing Commissioning, Generator Protection, DigSilent, Busbar protection) are gathered. So You can save your money by taking all courses in one pack. Our courses aren’t time-limited and you have access to them at any time. The training link and activation number will be sent to your email immediately after payment.
The details and Demos of each course are placed below and if you need further information, please feel free to contact us.
The IEC 61850 System Configurator enables you to configure and set parameters for IEC 61850 stations (Edition 1 and Edition 2). This tool allows you to manage sub-networks, network communicators, and their IP addresses and to connect the information items of different communicators. The IEC 61850 standard has been defined in cooperation with manufacturers and users to create a uniform, future-proof basis for the protection, communication, and control of substations. The advantages of using this protocol are as follows:
Interoperability: With IEC 61850, you will not encounter protocol diversity and integration problems.
Simpler Engineering: From engineering to implementation, from operation to service, it saves time and costs on configuration, commissioning, and maintenance.
Reduction of costs: IEC 61850 replaces wiring among feeders, control switches, and signaling devices.
Reliability: It uses only one communication channel for all the real-time data synchronized using Ethernet.
The IEC 61850 System Configurator is an application whose functionality has been designed especially for the following operating systems:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise/Ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit with Service Pack 1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 64-bit with Service Pack 1 as a workstation computer
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise 32-bit and 64-bit
VMware support for virtual machines
Do you face the error ” Siemens IEC 61850 System Configurator has not been tested for this operating system”?
Do you face the error ” Siemens IEC 61850 System Configurator requires at least an earlier version of SYS-CON installed in the PC”?