The spontaneous indication log which is available in online mode is a very good tool for testing and commissioning the SIPROTEC 5 devices. This log shows the indications immediately at the moment of occurrence (No wait for a cyclical update or initiating the manual update).
DIGSI 5 & SIPROTEC 5 topics:
Parameter set, Connection to an online device, Updating firmware, showing truncated texts completely, Showing tooltips, The Add new device entry is an action. This lets you open a dialog to add a new SIPROTEC 5 device./ Open the Device View to configure the hardware of a SIPROTEC 5 device. Adjusting Working Area, Maximizing the DIGSI 5 working area, Minimizing DIGSI 5 working-area objects, Splitting the working area vertically or horizontally in DIGSI 5, Separating objects from the DIGSI 5 working area, Restoring the working area, Starting to Add Using the Project Tree in DIGSI 5, Single-line and display elements in DIGSI 5, Global DIGSI 5 Library, Starting to Add Using the Single-Line Configuration and the Library, Select Voltage Variant, Select function point class, And port J functionality, Application Template, Communication firmware version, Network view, and device view, Plug-in modules, Siprotec 5 online configurator, Update short product code list /TNS list, For instance, line protection, SIPROTEC 5 7SA, SIPROTEC 5 7sa82, SIPROTEC 5 7sa86, SIPROTEC 5 7sa87, SIPROTEC 5 7SJ, SIPROTEC 5 7SD, SIPROTEC 5 7SL, SIPROTEC 5 7VK, Overcurrent protection, phases 50/51, Overcurrent protection, ground 50N/51N, Directional overcurrent protection 67, Negative sequence 46, Voltage-dependent overcurrent protection 51V, Directional overcurrent protection, ground 67N
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups, please send “interest” on Whatsapp,Click
Discussions sample in groups:
– In Siprotec 4, the default password is 000000 – Hello friends anyone knows how to recover siemens relay 7sJ801 from monitor mode? – Just turn off DC supply and turn on – Just In Monitor Mode, you can see the reset option in the drop-down list, please reset the relay and it will recover to the original. If It happened after the FW update, You have to initialize the device
– plz tell me about PSB protection operated in brief. – PSB function avoid a huge load of fault. as a matter of fact metering, DZ/DT.since a fault is high speed but a load is a low speed or DZ/DT – Performance monitoring reporting system In the MICOM Transformer relay manual it is mentioned that 41% of winding (Say 20% setting of In if CT secondary is 1 Amp) will be covered under differential protection and balance 59% will be covered in REF protection for star winding connection transformer. My Query is how much winding will be covered in differential protection if transformer windings are delta connected Dd1. – Is there any document available to understand how the current flows inside each branch of delta winding during the health conditions, during Phase to Phase fault, and during Phase to Earth faults. – Please can you help out by briefly explaining, how the problem was resolved? – if it is Dd Connection then REF can not be applied unless you use a zigzag transformer as a grounding transformer. if so then you will use the same percentage – Hope License is the problem, please try with a Genuine License Number. but I did put a genuine key when asked during the DIGSI installation – Hope, License might be utilized before and it might not be multiple user License. Please check with Siemens.
– I’m getting an error while installing DIGSI 4.91 in Windows 8.1 saying the operating system is not supported – C&S make MRR1 rotor Earth fault relay is not giving any alarm when output is not connected but it’s giving alarm as soon as output wire is connected, What can be the cause – is it a dry contact? – Yes – maybe the internal relay is powered by the control voltage itself. does it happen in other relays also? – No What type of relay is this? Try to avoid this type of msgs – Output relay testing procedure is here in this manual
– Anyone experienced in MPD 600 for PD measurement – Hi, how pilot advance transformer (PAT) works? How its connections will be? These transformers are used in rural agricultural feeders to ensure 3 phase power during non-peak hours and single-phase supply during peak hours. (single-phase supply for rural houses and three-phase for agricultural motors in farms).
– Dear, someone Will have the IEC 60480 standard – https://www.sis.se/api/document/preview/566910/ – PSL in micom relay, areva ,Siemens, Abb, and SEL?! – Micom – And for other brands? – 1. Areva, Schneider, Alstom, GE – are using Micom products-PSL-Programmable scheme logic 2.Siemens-CFC- Continuous function chart 3. Abb-ACT- Application configuration tool -And SEL? – Psv – Please sir do you have a procedure on how to commission RPH3?
– could you share about the SOTF function in distance Relays? – Switch on to Fault – If ur going to energize one feeder in that feeder has a fault is existing and we gave a closing command to Breaker, then in that case SOTF protection will immediately trip the Breker.
– Please explain the time synch process in Simense relay using SNTP. – Anti-pump relay – Anti pumping to protect the closing coil
– Some switches come from the factory but you can also design logic. – Some power switches. – please anyone, how to read the ICD file for abb relay? – Go to parameter settings then click on the file from the menu bar after that select export parameters and select which type of file you want to export – Siemens 7sj8011, how can we change it? – Through DIGSI Software – Use DIGSI. Only by software DIGDI
– What is pre-close and post-close in trip circuit supervision, can anyone explain? – This is for the trip circuit supervisor relay concept. Pre-close before closing the breaker trip circuit in healthy condition. Post close means after closing the breaker trip circuit healthy condition. This trip circuit supervisor relay check the trip circuit coil must be healthy in pre-close & post-close conditions. If the trip circuit fails protection relay give any trip commend it will not operate. That is why the protection scheme has two number trip circuit schemes. This is called pre-close & post-close.
– Please I looking for ABB RED 615 file setting for comparison. – How to set Directional overcurrent protection? – Very nice, also when mechanical protection operates. it will send the trip command directly to lockout without going through the main relay. – Breaker is not working automatically. we need to press it manually for the operation of the pump.
– Breaker or contactor? – Contactor – we need the schematic diagram for the rectification – Quickly check the float switch by force, if the supply is not reaching up to the contactor coil, then there may be a problem in the loop or float switch itself.
– Download the S1 studio password hash generator – And set a password – AAAA – Please explain the function of resistor connected series in tripping coil – It’s the trip circuit supervision circuit. It limits the current through the trip coil below the pickup value. – A diagram is not clear! – Can we use single pole ac MCB in DC Circuit in negative polarity where positive polarity is grounded, dc system voltage is -48V. If the answer is yes then why? – Brother MCB has nothing to do with voltage. In your specific circuit, whatever the voltage is, doesn’t affect MCB. Any kind of circuit breaker works on Current and it will work fine unless your circuit is designed ok. Even then it wouldn’t be a circuit breaker that would be an issue but the design of the circuit. – But I am asking about dc and ac MCB difference. Whether the can be used interchangeably -Yes they can, I have used them But it depends on the insensitivity of your circuit as well. if an MCB is designed for AC, it will trip sooner if used on DC, in case of fault. In normal conditions, it works fine – What I think is all breakers are rated to work with all types of voltages in ac and dc. – Only the short circuit capacity will change according to the voltage – Some are dedicated to DC, their coil doesn’t get heated as fast as AC. – Yes those are special breakers
– Where,s the protection system in these cases? – Hi. Is there anybody who has tested abb SwitchSync relay L183 Or any other SwitchSync relay from other manufactures like SIEMENS? – Synchro-check relay SPAU 140 C – but SPAU 140 C is a synchro check relay, not a sync switch relay – Switchsync PWC600 is ABB RPH3 ALSTOM. Controlled Switching with the Siemens Phase Synchronizing Device (PSD) the MCS025 Sync-Check Module Schneider
– Would you please give me test procedures or settings that have worked for testing these relays – GREETINGS FROM TRANSCEND HR CONSULTANCY! – Anyone has a good document to understand ABTS and TOP.
– Engine with a power of 250 kW 1500 rpm and a 1500 kW 1500 rpm engine – Anyone working or heard abt a company called Valmet? – Hi, There is an opening in Schneider Electric, Chennai, India for a Commissioning Engineer with 5 to 7 Years’ experience. Candidate must know on 1) Commissioning of Numerical protection relays ( Distance, Differential, Busbar, Overcurrent & E/f ) 2) Hands-on experience in configuration and testing different make protection relays with Omicron 356 / Double testing kits. 3) Provided setting calculations for the above-said protections including CT & VT sizing. Candidates may need to travel Global sites if required for commissioning & Training customers.
– Could you share any data about the DCS systems in substations? – What kind of DCS do you want? – Siemens,Arefa ,Abb, Vatec, Wincc or sicampas -User: zivercom, Password: 0000, another password: Ziv
– What is the equivalent model of RED670 in SIEMENS? – 7SA52 – For Siemens relays 7SD…. means Line Differential Protection. 7SA Distance Protection as the main protection function. Depending on the device type distance or line diff is available as the main 2 functions. 7SL … Line and Distance Protection. (SIPROTEC 5)
– In Micom relays can I upload the revised PSL while the relay is in service? – Will there be any maloperation? – PSL uploading may result in Pick up of BI/BO and then output contact. – Check the connection Or disconnect the DC from the relay for a while and try again
– Has anyone done distance and differential relay calculation in excel? – Anybody has a calculation sheet in excel for voltage drop and current carrying capacity of cables Is it password protected?
– Anybody knows how to protect the three-phase ground earth fault? For MV network. For single-phase, there are many ways but for a three-phase, we have a problem.
– I want to config distance relay model VAMP 259 but there is no option to enable fault locator. I can see the related option under the distance menu but nothing is submitted (in KM or Ohm), is there any way to enable fault locator? – Three-phase to the ground will not detect as earth fault because no zero sequence or no current will flow in the neutral. It is just an over-current.
– A 132 kV SF6 circuit breaker rated for 220 volts aux. Voltage is to be used in a substation where 110 volts DC voltage is available. Please advise which changes are necessary to be made to the Circuit breaker. – If you want to modify the equipment in the circuit breaker for 110v you need to change more equipment. Better try to connect the two 110v supplies in series – When the available voltage is 110VDC, Change the following parts 1-closing coil one unit 2-tripping coil two units 3-all the dc contact relay. Otherwise wise Manage 220VDC Indication Lamp
– I am trying to export Micom 442 set file into xrio format by using Schnider s1 studio, but IML cannot find xrio option in the export menu.
– You can go to setting file on the right side of software, and press right-click by mouse, and go to export setting, Rio – I did it this way, but xrio option was not available. I think the software version does not have this option. But I am not sure. – Anyone has a good document to understand ABTS and TOP. – Anyone has a Method of statement For Transformer stability and Generator stability?
– Can you give me transformer testing IEC standards? If the SF6 in HV CBs becomes very low. What is the standard action in this case? does the CB trip or does it must be locked out? If it is locked out does any breaker failure must be initiated? – Stage 1 alarm, stage 2 block. Block gas pressure <•5 Mpa. Block is no more operation, open or close. If fault then if it is line Tele protection will activate if trafo feeder or normal feeder BF will operate. – In 500 KV if stage 2 appears the breaker immediately trips! Is it correct or need discussion? – In our scheme at 500 kV level, if stage 2 appears the breaker immediately trips, in my opinion, CB lockout must take place rather than the trip! Am I right? – I have only experience up to 400 kv Siemens CB, second stage not trip from CB scheme. But PSB functions can make trips. I do not know PSD (Phase Synchronizing Device)
– We are getting Generator Rotor Earth Fault in Relay. How can we ensure that it is a false alarm – this is dangerous to trip the CB in case of stage 2 appears. it may not be able to quench the arc properly as sf6. pressure is low. so it’s advised to block tripping in case stage 2 operates. – If sf6 gas content is reduced breaker trip – Level 1 OTTER TAIL – Stage 2 trip must be a lockout, which means Breaker will trip and shouldn’t Close until SF6 Gas is refilled to the specified pressure.
– Lockout means one needs to reset the Lockout relay before closing Breaker. But don’t reset until the gas is refilled to the required pressure. Nominal pressure for 132kV is 5.6 bars absolute.
– Does Micom P741 and P742 need separate software for the PSL edition? – No, s1 studio can do it. – but if I want to edit a single-line map of the substation? – In this case, you must use topology editor for Mmicom – Do you have any applications for that? – IEC 60076 – If you want to go with diagnostic testing for transformer please refer to C37.152 22/abb, 23:02 – abb: Can any tell me about IEC standards for GIS, MV switchgear, transformer, protection schemes, and IED testing and commissioning
– NIC NO RESPONSE in Micom p142 and p143 What to do to solve this problem and what is the cause for it? Problem with the hardware. -restart the IED, the alarm will disappear and after some days alarm will come again. Permanent solution: Need to change the network interface card and update the respective nic file to that board. – Plz share Rio/PTL file for P44T relay Alstom make,
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please text us, Click
– anybody has a serial number for the Micom topology editor or can edit SDL for Micom p741? – In Micom S1 studio, while uploading PSL files to relay, we get three options, the First is Enhanced logic only, the second Logic only, third Full form. My question is what is the difference between these three options? – The difference is in the settings updated with the PSL update.
– In the below attachment, the Generator Stator earth fault is detected by connecting Neutral side NGT secondary voltage in series with Phase side open delta voltage which is derived through external IVT. The query is how this works and what will be the output voltage of this combination which is measured by the MICOMP345 relay. – Someone had omicron test templates cmc356, for overcurrents, differential, etc, and also some good bibliography for generator protection.
– Does anybody have a protection relay testing handbook – As you notice this book is volume 4 in the series. I would appreciate it if you send volumes 1-3
Here is one of the other video training courses, ABB PCM 600. You can see detail by clicking on the picture.
– I have a problem with the earth’s fault. We have used Siemens o/c relay which is functioning very well for o/c,e/f, and s/c. For the earth fault whenever it’s happened either one or two phases it’s working, but whenever it’s 3phase. the relay is not working. – Always trips with 3phase faults? – For another fault it’s ok but the 3 phase Earth fault is not detected by primary current injections each phase individually functioning. – What are the magnitudes and angles of the 3 phase currents you injected for the test? – What SIEMENS OC relay model? -7SJ601, Version 3 – The earth fault setting for stage one I> 15A. If faults are even 20A no functioning. 3 phase fault is not an earth fault. even if 3 phases to earth will not detect by earth fault protection. – If you inject three equal magnitudes with 0,120,-120. the earth’s fault will not function even if it is more than the earth’s fault setting. While you are injecting current, check relay measurements and make sure that the neutral current exceeds the setting value (15A). If the current exceeds the setting then you have to check whether the directional function is enabled or not. Also sometimes you need to check the earth fault calculation method if it’s measured or calculated. Finally check the current connection to the relay. Make sure that the current circuit loop is closed – balance values will not initiate the earth fault function. – I agree that the balance magnitude will not result in earth fault. Check the neutral current flow – The 3phase fault is considered a balance three-phase fault so no earth fault will detect, you need active o/c protection. Even if E/F operates with a three-phase fault it will be due to unbalance not a real earth fault. – Just reduce the setting for testing purposes and inject the current in all three phases monitor the neutral current flow now increase the current value in only one phase until the neutral current value reaches your setting value it will trip according to the curve. Check the setting whether it is nondirectional. – Hope you are testing the directional earth fault. Check the voltage magnitude which you are injecting into the relay.. it shouldn’t be zero. Most relays require a minimum of 3Volt for sensing the right direction suggest giving 10V in the Y and B phase and 5V in the R phase and injecting the fault current above the setting. – if the three currents are not shifted between them by 120 degrees, even if they have the same amplitude, it will trip because the vector sum of the three phases becomes different from zero. (Io # 0A)
– I am facing a problem with Siemens 7SJ8041 When Relay Trips on Under Voltage and Voltage comes back to normal and I try to reset the Relay Binary outputs and Leds then the relay does not reset. I have to go into the Test and diagnostic menu and have to reset the whole relay from there. any solution? – check the drop-out ratio of the relay. normal drop out is 1.2 for under-voltage.
– Secondly in 7s8041 Relay does not trip on Reverse Power – check additional functions available or not? -Yes available and setting at 166.5W. It is available in u/v settings. But you need a Laptop and active additional settings
– If anyone this relay manual English electric, CDG31FF8051JL(M), electromagnetic relay kindly reply me – If a transformer is protected with both REF (64REF) and Differential (87) as we know REF is more sensitive than 87 and operate for the unprotected winding near the neutral side. My question: is any 87 trip means also a REF trip at the same time? – No, REF only responds for earth faults inside the zone. if the fault is not related to the earth then the only differential will operate in the case of earth faults, both can trip the transformer( the faster will trip first), and if the transformer has high impedance grounding, the earth fault near the star point ( less than 40% of winding) may not initiate 87 ( when you apply slope and operation and restraint) in this case, only REF will operate. Right? – Yes, this is right. And this is why we use REF together with Diff protection.
– What is the difference between high impedance and low impedance when dealing with Differential and REF protections? – The high impedance method uses an impedance in series with the operating coil of the relay. The impedance value is chosen to damp the current of the relay under setting current in the case of the worst fault (a fault near cts with one ct saturated). The low impedance method uses a restraint coil to dampen the current of the operating coil in the case of the worst fault. The relay will trip when the operating coil current is maximum than the restraint coil current. – In which condition the operation of 52PD, pole discordance protection will be blocked? – the pole discrepancy is an arrangement of controls, typical of the power switch. – It is already blocked by time. if PD happens it must operate after 2.5 seconds.
– In which cases and configuration I must install and program “inter trip signal protection “in case of transformer protection?
– PD trip function is normally blocked by any pre-scheduled single-pole operation of CB like single pole auto reclosing or manual opening of a single pole of CB. – in the monopolar switch the discrepancy time must exceed the reclosing time.
– I have a 7sj62 Siemens relay and it’s going to monitor mode then I tried to initialize the Dex file not succeed and activated device reset from the HMI after that it’s gone again monitor mode and relay restarting automatically when power on – Hopefully by upgrading Firmware Version, it may work fine, kindly contact Siemens and ask for an updated firmware version. you must initialize the device with the digsi. – Please share experiences and knowledge about “power swing blocking” in distance protection – Hi guys, I need help setting up an auto recloser on the Sepam series 20 relays. In double bus bar protection, what is the difference between single CT and Double CT methods for bus coupler
🌟Follow the group rules and objectives of the group 🌟This is an international group, just text in English 🌟Actively participate in the group. 🌟Don’t make any personal message to the group members 🌟 Post your message in one single chunk of text, don’t post every word or sentence in a new message. 🌟Advertisements, announcement of the event of other groups needs approval from Admin before circulation 🌟If any member is not following the rules, we have the authority to remove them from the group 🌟 No greeting and another personal discussion. Do not say good morning, good night, thanks, etc.
– What is the use of Line CVT in relays? – Synchro Check
– How do you test relay GE SR3, Thermal Overload function with alarm and trip? – in DIGSI4 4.92, when I wanted to archive a file, this window was displayed and required a password And got this log file – There are some requirements for installing DIGSI like c++, have you installed them? – I need 12 units of the above to relay Fro where to get it?
– How distance protection is functioning in HVDC transmission? – Transposing is required in long-distance HV cables Or cross bonding is enough? – Both will be required – Conventional distance protection is not applicable in the HVDC system as the reactive part of the impedance is absent due to zero frequency – Cross bonding is required to reduce the induced voltage, and transposing is required to make C mutual equal between three phases. This job shall be done each 400 meters and cross bonding shall be connected with the earth by the special box or with SVL + earth – SVL mean shield voltage limiter
– When I tried to extract XML files from DIGSI, this error came. Kindly advise – It depends on how u extracted – There are 2 ways to extract – Which one was yours? – Both ways same error
How to tackle DC-link over Voltage faults In VFD. Application HVAC chilled pumps. G120
increase the DC overvoltage fault limit to 130%. default is 125%. but this solution may lead to stress VFD which may lead to some future issues.
Update ur firmware to the latest. It will work right away – old versions are not prone to motor oscillations which in case u free run a motor may oscillate. in which frequency band u r facing overvoltage? – Really I just retrieved data from the customer. But from where I can find it – siemens website. – No, frequency band – run the motor. increase speed slowly. you’ll start hearing sizzling sound in a particular band
– I cannot modify the protection setting on ABB REF 542 plus manually or online through cable. I always got “setting not saved properly”. Can anyone help?
– Hi. I used the key to change the protection mode to SET. Is this enough? Should it be used also to change a setting? – Please anyone can help me with the password viewer for ABB Red 615. We are facing one error while installing ABB PCM 60. Can anyone help? – Try to Separately download and install SQL server and then install PCM – anyone knows about this error while exporting in. XML extension? – This is the 1600A breaker feeding the Chillar. Could anyone please tell me what would be the setting of this Breaker for Long, Short, Inst. & Ground? DLL file is missing. Copy the DLL file from another working laptop(C drive) or reinstall the software. For long char. Settings are 1.0 and time is 3.0. Switch not clear but for L =1 and T=144s ;S=1.8;I=8;G=.4 – Can anybody tell whats the max current in which we can use MCCB only for load break? – Cable size 300sq mm – That’s due to thermal effects. The thermal tripping point would go down after each tripping and if tripping takes place at 370 A after 2 hours, the MCCB might trip at 350 or even below (may) after every one and a half hours or even earlier – Then what solutions shall we change this MCCB if yes what would be the rating. any other solution instead of MCCB because it’s placed in between transformer secondary side and LT panel. – Check the tightness of each bolt Properly torque it. – Phase sequence is ok my site is running fine load is 240 kw. 240 kW? rate amp is 408 amp. This is a connected load but running is 225 kW – Can you test the MCCB By primary injection? -383 amp – There is an overload, short circuit, instantaneous, and ground fault by doing the method of primary injection? – Yes I am doing by primary injection only – Can u tell me which combinations for overload test in primary injection? Single-phase or phase to phase? – You can use Phase to phase and phase to neutral for overload, instantaneous and short circuit. And phase to neutral for ground fault.
I can’t open the IEC61850 station in DIGSI 4.88 – Maybe the target digsi file version differs. – What should I do? – Install Digsi4.91 & try. – Anyone who has Digsi 4.88 update? – It use Siemens-Configurator-Version”>04.88.08.995 – Create Siemens User ID & u can download it on the Siemens webpage
– what is the maximum length for a line that can use Teleproection in distance relay? – Which relay? All relays have different limits – Siemens – 400km, 300km, 200km,100km, I talking about the distance I can use Teleproection in distance relay?
– Hi everybody, does ABB REL 511 have an under frequency and over frequency protection? – No – Is there any way to activate this feature in this relay?
– What is the default password for Easergy Studio 7.1.0? – In Easergy studio 8.0.0 the procedure to connect to relay is different, has anyone been able to use that? – AAAA – Thanks but it does not accept – Use the Micom studio hashtag for crack.
– How to calculate maximum through fault current to set the relay stable in bus bar protections? Say voltage is 400kV. – It was based upon your load – If exact load details are not available? – I don’t have a clear idea but have a suggestion u can decide regarding your CT primary, But the normal load current may be less than the CT rating – How to create CID & ICD files to ZIV 87T(CGL make) relay for integration with SAS? – You can get a rough idea of the maximum CTR of all the CTs connected to the bus.
– Please I need to communicate with argus 1 relay over current reyrolle by rs 485 – You can not extract. The only vendor that can give you – You can edit in ziver cid – Sir I don’t have CID, then how can I edit? – Arrange to take from the vendor. If you don’t have CID then get it from ziver CID soft. You can Extract the CID via ZiverCid software. It will create the file, And btw you should not be touching ZIV relay if you do not have a basic idea of Ziv software Because there are chances you will make the firmware corrupt For which you have to make it a hard reset, which is also not an easy process, short but risky. So please contact your senior on-site & inform him about the situation. Otherwise once the relay is gone into the dead mode, it won’t be even hard to reset by calendar method – I have ZiverCID software then how can I extract there is an option? – I think to go to ziver complus and then setting and then edit. This file will automatically open in ziver CID. If he has CID module installed
– Hi, Is anybody familiar with the F650 GErelay? – What do you want to know? – About Plc logic configuration – Can we write the logic for transformers changeover -How do you want to make it work as a changeover? – You must have that. Download use Filezilla to extract CID. For extract, you don’t need any credentials With the definition of CB status and timer. For download username: Ziv And password: *ziv#
– I have a problem with my fault recorder, 7ke85 siemens. The Disgi5 software show fault in port E, the front panel is active run (green), and error (red) Led. I can’t communicate – This fault locator is not functional As long as the error led is glowing. – what is the solution? – This problem has no solution -Yes in CFC, the ladder is having a signal which is not masked – Remove that – I can not inspect the relay, I can not communicate – Relay is in error mode means the software is having inconsistency between source & destination – If you have a backup check CFC and send it to the relay. And if you are new to siemens relay, better do as I say, right away – When I want to communicate with the relay for local or remote but in two situation does not allow any communication the relay – That’s because of an ERROR in the relay’s file. This relay requires Re-Flashing of firmware
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on Whatsapp (CLICK)
– hi, I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how to check the measurement of 2nd harmonic content in the 7UT85 Siprotec 5 device? – In RET 670 transformer differential relay. I want to check the diff and bias current I found Please solve my problem related to NR relay. -When AR has been operated in 400kv line then one end AR successful while other end line became trip while both ends have AR-enabled. then why? – On other end, it is operating in Pole discrepancy or AR lockout? -No. Direct trip -Check all conditions for AR in other ends – On other end, it is operated in Zone 1 or Zone 2? – Zone -1 – CB’s health status is ok? Yes – It means? – No PD and AR lockout operated trip command goes to the breaker – I suppose u assigned any DT to send a signal to the remote end? While AR From the local end – Check the time setting at both ends Of the AR – 86 Operated? – At one end it may be 1sec n other end 350ms – So by the time at one end AR operated it sent DT signal to other end – Then you check the logic for 86. 86 should not operate for zone 1 single-phase fault – Due to which 86 operated. DT received in the remote end? – Carrier received at other end And carrier send by our end? – No DT received and send by both end – Carrier aided tripping sent from your end – No this is not correct.86 operated for single-phase fault -Ok. On the remote end, 86 is operated or not? – Yes. Then check the logic for 86 in the remote end. I think in the remote end 86 is assigned for all faults. Check the time setting at both ends for AR. Both end Fault in Zone 1 then ZCOM Trip will not happen. That is not necessary.
– Anybody has 500MVA 400kV/220kV/33kV T&R Make Autotransformer 8 Channels FO-based Tempr Hotspot details Based on FBG?
– Please help, what type of fault it’s showing? This relay connected with 3 phase motor – STS light blinking. The motor run for a while and the stopped Resistors are rated in ohms and wattage. How to identify the short time withstanding wattage of resistor which is available in hand? Generally, how much will be the short time withstanding capacity of the resistor for rated capacity? Working in System Protection as Manager Power System Engineering. – We are providing all the testing and commissioning services in Electrical switch gears. – How did this one become a big day? – We have to think before using electricity. Go green. Think before use – What are FPFM and FPSM in Line protection relay? – FPFM. This is meaning feeder protection is the first main. FPSM This is meaning: Feeder protection second main – Set-1 and Set-2 right ? – Yes
– we need support for setting calculations for the transformer feeder which fed on 13.8 kv. – here in Saudi Arabia we used feeder protection (Line) 2 relays, both make the same function, have the same setting
– As per your requirement, he is having more contacts regarding purchase. – I want to synchronize my server with a Meinberg GPS in SICAM PAS .anybody can help me? – Which model of GPS are you using for time sync? – M300 – Yes I can not start NTP on my server – Why don’t u try SNTP? – What’s the networking protocol you are working on? – As far as I remember M300 is compatible with NTP & SNTP both – Firmware MUST be updated – NTP – What? NTP is NOT A NETWORKING PROTOCOL. – Oh, my network protocol is Ethernet
– Siemens Siprotec 7SS52 Busbar Bay Unit in error & alarm mode, after removing & Connecting Aux., DC supply, it will come in Run mode & after 30min again the BBU goes to error mode. What is the solution to this problem?
– Initialize main unit and bay unit from software or menu. – Reset MCU still having the same problem
-Hello need some help with this error Relay P643 Alstom make. Communication error – First, check the Test Connection and then proceed. In the test, the connection selects the correct port to which your serial cable is connected. – Port is verified but still, the error shows while communicating. – We had used 2-3 converters but the same error was observed. Then change the port and try once – Which converter you are using? – BAFO And another is a local make – Try with a different port once – This error comes only when you are sending right? – Yes – Select only settings and not psl then send. – Tried but not working. – Sir, the port changed but the same error occurred. – Try to use a different converter other than you have – We have 2 converters same error for both the converter – If it has ethernet on the backside of the relay you can use that also – Which software you are using? – Agile v1.3.1 – New relay or an old one? – New relay – Try with Easergy – Changed port advance settings. Solved now
– anyone informs that Schneider which software is available for checking the Goose (IEC-61850) Signal? – The password of protection relay type p143 has been modified? is there any way to restore the default password. – why when the change between some tabs in kvgc relay is blocked? – NIC Card faulty – Replace with a new one – Reason for this problem is IEC61850 Support configuration file is not available in the relay at the moment. -I want to start NTP on my server but the system shows an error. anybody can help me?
– Can anyone define “breaker abnormal alarm” in the signal list? – Cb abnormal can be given by spring not charges, or Sf6 pressure or TC not healthy – Make or gate & give final op as CB abnormal -+Local selector – Polo discrement – When programming Nondirectional overcurrent test in Omicron getting Out of range error. How do I correct it? – CT Secondary 5 Amps – I guess you write the wrong number to CT primary/secondary ratio at device settings. Check again pls. – Use CMC 356. I think 256+ will not deliver this much. – Check the max amps settings in test object details. – use the 3x25A setting. Parallel three current injectors with other 3. This would provide 25A per phase. your requirement is 12.88A that’s why it’s showing out of range. – Please check the connection setting and select the proper port number and baud rate by looking into the device manager -Everything is correct only Check test correction once or use another serial cable. Check earthing of the relay as well as your laptop charger. – Check the communication port configuration from the communication menu usually this error appears due to wrong port selection and configuration – Yes, you uploaded the wrong menu text file to the IED. To make it normal you need to send the right default menu text file via parallel port again or updating the same firmware will make the IED to go default settings and menu text. If you are planning for a firmware update make sure that IED is not in service.
– I’m getting this error while installing digsi4.93 – I had V4.92 loaded and it deleted it. I tried again without V4.92 loaded but got this same error. – Do we require to test, “inter trip” during end-to-end testing of line differential function Or only for distance? – Yes you have to check
– Hi all I want to implement Autorecloser in PSL and assign an output contact to it (for Micom Agile p443). Which output logic DDB signals, Should I use?
– Hi everyone can anyone help me with this issue? I am configuring IEC. Here is my settings relay subnet: 255.255.255.0 laptop IP:10.22.91.100. now if I put relay IPs from 10.22.91.1 to 10.22.91.92, I get the response from it. but 10.22.91.93 to 10.22.91.253 aren’t working. what could be the solution? there is no subnetting, why is it restricting me to 92 devices? – Relay subnet and switch subnet must be the same. What’s the subnet in the switch? – does a switch has masking? I don’t think so. – Every switch has IP & Mask If you know the IP address of the switch – Type in ur browser, and there u can also check the subnet mask – Which switch u r using? – that is something diff, that is just to access the switch conf – the ports aren’t assigned to any VLANs – so no need for that – It is linked with relays communication, the relay fiber would be connected to switch if both are not synced, communication with IEC won’t work – You can check that as a part of troubleshooting – it’s working with IPs 1-92. That’s what I’m saying, maybe another switch has a different subnet due to which relay won’t be accessible with laptop IP – Install device model.
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on WhatsApp (CLICK)
– I have faced some issues in Micom p642 agile regarding fault recording trigger. Relay doesn’t trigger at the time of differantial trips so please help me with it I have tried all the options for the fault trigger all other faults are triggered but when only differantial protection trip at that time fault is not triggered or on the graph was generated.
– Micom relays and SEL RTAC connected in the same network.. is it possible via RTAC, DR files from Micom relays can be downloaded – future scope of power system protection. future scope of relay coordination. What innovation is required in relay coordination?
– anybody having a protection relay panel O&M manual of any Kv level. Pls, share if U have. – Please don’t touch any electric pole especially when it’s raining. – Any anyone knows how to test Thermal protection in ABB REM 543
– How to change CT Ratio in a secure Energy Meter? Could you share the P441 manual for the Areva brand? – I need software for Micom p 741. Remote HMI. Please
– When DC Source 1 is failed our Breakers got tripped. What could be the reason for the same? – Check CTD – Please share the control diagram of the breaker with us. Selective tripping? – Undervoltage shunt – Kindly how I test REF in 7UT612 siemens with 1 phase current inject? – This wire is for voltage equalizing. so CT body will be the same voltage as a bus bar. if not connected will cause floating voltage for the CT body and result in partial discharging. – I think it’s a capacitive leakage wire to connect to the capacitive indicator. You can eliminate capacitive insulators if your CTs have this capability(capacitive leakage).
– anybody has a VFD Test format or procedure? – anybody configures RSTP at Micom p546? – Guys anybody have a Test format for Diesel Generator? – Can anyone tell what could be the reason for the battery blast in dg during Cranking? – Short circuit on crank cable or in the crank. The second reason crank can be stuck or engine
– How to calculate stall rotor time in SIMOCODE? – Use VRLA type to avoid the blast – This battery is 12V;180AH Tata make almost 2.5 years old used to crank 415KVA Dg – Is there any pole calibration happening in ACB for any make to close all-pole at the same time? And if happen then how it’s done? – Why do we use a coreopsis conductor inside a tubular conductor? – If anyone facing this issue in Siprotec 5 BCU(6md86), after restarting the device then manually operate the master trip relay (86.1&86.2), that same time given reset command from SCADA but it’s not getting reset. while communicating ABB relays, how do I know which versions of PCM I need to use? ( 2.6 or 2.9)
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, please send interest on WhatsApp, Click
– What might happen to this insulator failure? – Sepam 80 fails to operate shows maintenance key 1. any ideas? – Converter issue – Which converter? Relay is communicating on Ethernet/LAN – In VT secondary injection. How to calculate phase to phase voltage in unbalanced conditions? Eg. we inject 20V in the R phase & 40V in the Y phase. What should be the phase-phase voltage? In actual condition, the multimeter reads 53V. how to prove it theoretically. – vector sum – Ip1(cosPhy+i sinPhy) + Ip2(cosPhy+ i sinPhy) – Values are not matching.
– how to calculate the operating region of directional overcurrent and earth fault relay? – u cant add a real and imaginary part. I= 2root ( real sq + imag sq).this is how u add a real and imaginary part – Can anyone please help me provide an XRIO converter for RED670 V2.1.0? I’ll be grateful – Can anyone tell me the meaning of the number mentioned in the box? – Order information I believe
– I need RDS-pp codes for equipment used in the wind Power plant. RDS-pp is a Reference Designation system for power plants. – Digital kits like omicron, meggar can inject voltages and currents of desired magnitudes. – As a Protection Engineer you have to roam all around India for different projects. – I am getting a network error while downloading from the server
– Anyone can explain CT sparking – Looseness or open Circuit – Isolate the system to avoid any mishap – Loose connection on side phases!
– What is the main difference between low impedance and high impedance bus bar protection schemes? – High impedance in the Low impedance relay is nothing but based differential relay in this we have the slopes to avoid relay operation from the through fault current and CT saturation condition also.
– Hey I need help can I find here someone who works with Elster A1800 consumption counting – Anyone has auto manual change over test Format. – CT connection is ok? – check the serial cable. also, try (test connection) from the device list. -Tried with other serial cable Problem solved.
– what is the criteria for Grounding control and power cables, should it be grounded from both ends or one end” And the reason for grounding is both sides or a single side? -1 core power cable shield must be grounded only from one side, otherwise transformation current with inducted to the shield. I&C& signal cables as well. In this case, the induction is from the outside. However, for 3core, 3phase cable it could be grounded in both sides – what about multicore control cable? – In Siemens design which is used for many power plants, it is mentioned that only one Side must be grounded to prevent circulating current.
– Hi world someone can help me with F650 HMI with GE config. I need to make hmi with Modbus protocol – Check relay HMI -Should not b in the Submenu? – Make it to the main menu page -Plz check the Technical key of the IED in the software, is that compatible? – Check the report details in the common read/write tool to get more information. Note: It’s not recommended to do a common read with a lower version of PCM600 if the IED is configured with a higher version of PCM600.
– display error name is flashed v1.0, – For parallel operation, you need to synch both transformers first, then close the breaker. Changing load from one transformer to another, Different tap positions mean different voltage levels (if both transformers are fed from the same source & in case of under-voltage, the load will draw more current, which might result in OC Fault, overheating of cables. The breaker may trip in the second case but in the first case, straight damage if you haven’t installed AVR. Breaker doesn’t care for Voltage, it only trips on high currents, But one transformer connected to load which has a voltage of 10.4KV – it mainly depends on uk% and loads current. having enough data, you can simulate the Network using DigSILENT. In my experience, you can parallel both transformers without worrying. – Check impedance voltage percentage Within limit, u can – Check impedance voltage percentage at nameplate data -When u have two transformers in parallel then you may have to look at the circulating currents that might flow when tap positions are not matching. Account for that circulation current as it will be an issue – Sir the same I read in a document due to low impedance in the transformer which has less tap position certain amount of current will circulate within the winding but why? – difference in impedance of the transformer more than 10% will have a circulating current too. even if taps are the same and the voltages are the same – 66kv breaker CG make -There is no need for SC capacity coordination, your new breaker may be oversize but that’s not a problem – 40kA/3sec means it can withstand up to 40kA which is higher than 31.5kA. if 31.5kA for your substation is ok, then 40kA is ok, too. – Not a problem higher capacity only.
– Can anyone have an idea, what is meant by the cross trigger input TFR (fault recorder)? – Cross triggering is used between TFRs to initiate recording all the TFRs and provides system-wide dynamic recording e.g. Power swing
– Please provide earthing in HT cable termination at both ends, must in HT earthing is very important – In transformer slope testing what is I bias calculation that needs to be set in the omicron test? – What is the IBias calculation equation to feed in the omicron differential characteristics for generator protection – When we send the configuration to the relay we will face a syntax error at the last step, what is the matter? – Depends on what relay u are testing. – In the shot test, you choose the points on the characteristic curve and the software tests only at those points. In the search test, u select the sweep for IBias e.g. 0.2 to 5 with some intervals. This will create vertical lines on the characteristic curve and the test set will then determine the Idiff value on each of those lines. The test set will determine the Idiff value at which the relay operates. Search is like making the test set determine whats the characteristic curve and if the searched point is within the tolerance limit then only the test is considered passed
– I have a p443 distance relay(Micom Schnieder make), I tested this relay in zone 1, but it also trips in zone 2 and zone 3 simultaneously..and although I marshaled output contacts to trip.. it does not send tripping order to test set. anybody solves this issue – Which test set are u using? Have u checked the current or voltage connections? Normally this happens when u are injecting current or voltage in reverse, which means the relay is looking in reverse. Check whether the reverse zone is enabled or not. – omicron 356 – U using a distance module? Check your trip contact type, And double-check the PSL file. – I test this relay manually through the test set, not through the laptop. I am using the time module. -Ok. First, confirm ur output relays are properly working and connections are ok or not. Force them from the Commissioning menu and check continuity using a multimeter. Check ur wiring. U using a dry connection or wet contact.? – Maybe the relay SOTF function is on – Good point. Ensure there is a pre-fault. time set on the test set. Normally it is 1 sec. – There are 2 issues. One is ur relay tripping on all zones. And second ur binary output feedback not reaching the test set. Solve them one by one. – Usually, zone 1 is inside zone 2 and zone 3 (if all your zones are forward direction).
– We have one 13.8KV (15KV sys voltage) Switchgear. Due to an increase in the connected load, we want to change the CT in one of its Cubicles. The new CT suggested by the Supplier has the following Specs: *CT 300/5, Burden 15VA, 5P10, BIL 10KV. now my question is the 5P10 & the burden suggested by them is correct for this MV Switchgear? I’ve seen some CT having 5P20. Where we will select 5P10 & 5P20? Also, do we need to replace the metering core, as well as a load, that is increased? – all CT replacements should have a CT CALCULATION ( sizing) according to circuit parameters. You should ask for this document first – To say if it matches or not you need to know the maximum short circuit current, and also you need to know your relay and cables burden because 5P10 means this CT will be stable and will not saturate in the range up to 10 times the nominal current and with 15 VA burden. If you calculate your actual burden then 5P10 might be equivalent to 5P20.
– if we have 1K ohm shunt resistors of 180W for high impedance cable diff port. But need to change the resistors to 500 ohms as per settings, so how we can calculate watts for 500 ohms resist I think the definition of the armature is not exact and correct – I was just skimming over the pdf and noticed that. The armature is where voltage is induced in it
– Do we have any stationary armature in the power plant machine? I haven’t seen – Alternator I guess? – In synchronous generators Armature is stationary and the dc voltage is applied to the winding on the rotor to have a rotating magnetic field – It is easier to have a stationary three-phase output than having a rotating one – Probably it is a technical dictionary For practical uses But from an academic point of view, things are different And brushless synchronous generators have a rotating armature. The rotating armature is mounted on the rotor to excite the generator’s field circuit – I don’t say that we don’t have a rotating armature. I’m saying that the armature and the rotor are 2 different subjects – I think there are only two terms of stator and rotor. depending on various conditions and requirements we use either stator as armature or field or vice versa. – Maybe in a special type of machine the armature is mounted on the stator And a field circuit is on the rotor. – And for the other type The reverse may be true – yes. if there is a time-varying magnetic field and a stationary coil. the voltage will be induced in the stationary coil irrespective of stator or rotor or field or armature terminologies may differ as per circumstances. – I think it’s not a network fault like a short circuit. It’s about the relay hardware itself As the title suggests Hw error – But that’s what I think I’m not sure
– How error relay has a hardware problem? – I can’t open the diagram. It’s a network topology for DMMs and Relays single ring with redundancy characteristics for the 61850 networks, but the question is the connection between HSR &RSTP is correct or not? And can I use PT-G503 or other switches required? – I think u can’t use different protocols in a single ring. But if u have a separate ring connected separately with the switch, there won’t be an issue. RSTP and HSR can both will work fine about the switch PT503, if it’s an industrial switch, it will work fine.
– Can anyone share the Easergy studio software password? – AAAA – Can anybody help me? This switch has been faulty and I don’t know why. – If you’re having a dual DC source then check the healthiness of both DC supplies. In some cases, If one DC source fails then the switch will give that indication – you should connect to the switch and read the logs. there may be an alarm for acknowledging for example a link was down, a link was disconnected, etc.
– Hello everyone, Need some help with testing of SR 489 Multilin Phase Differential Characteristic curve using Omicron Diff Operating Characteristic. Has anyone ever verified its operating characteristic? – In the one substation we have license errors in WinCC frequently (siemens automation)What I should do for getting rid of this alarm? – It’s a hardware key. U contact Siemens helpline. No, It,s software licenses cc no pas, We have a dongle for sicam pas And our server doesn’t have any problem – Error about pas cc configuration – I think I have missed this license – It is showing In license.log what is exactly missed – Ok I will check it – This license is trial and limited – If you press the details it shows what is exactly missed – Ok. How I can repair it? – https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/24200966/ – But one question, what about the WinCC License? – I’m dealing with SCC 9, for using that version we have to install WinCC at the first step, license it, then install SCC and license it – Click details.
-PASCC-configuration license is missing or expired – but how fix it? – The trial version is expired. This is for deleting the trial version
-I need to know just how to communicate with the relay and uploading and downloading procedure? – I tried to communicate TIA15 – Regarding communication and upload and download I need to know the actual way, Because I have experience in Digsi and reydisp software with that I do that blindly but I couldn’t get the correct methods
To join our protection relay WhatsApp groups to be a part of problem-solving, CLICK
– I Install PCM 600 software, after the installation, I update the connectivity package by using the update manager. It shows an error like that ” server couldn’t connect”. How to resolve it? – Check your connection, if you are using a private network such as your company this may occur – but I use my internet and I turn off my firewall also but it again shows the same error. – PCM needs SQLSERVER, this software comes with a PCM package and during installation, you will see that at first SQLSERVER is installing. Maybe it doesn’t install correctly depending on your windows configuration – It’s true but I don’t think is this problem, it’s most likely of being something with an internet connection, try using VPN – Uninstalled SQL server then reinstall issue will be resolved – In the one substations sometimes we have a false alarm. Can anybody help me for finding the reason? – Check IED events and the MMS 61850 mapping – Probably another event is triggering the wrong MMS mapping – the IED did not save anything in the events. How I can check 61850 MMS mapping? – Can you cause this event again? – You can use a package monitoring software – I should trigger this signal manually – I’m not good at supervisory but I’m pretty sure you can track down on this one the logical device/logical nod..etc until discovering which event is causing this false alarm – Please try to load the CID once again in the IED – It seems they are some kind of GI? Don’t you think? Anyone knows how to resolve – Restart relay. – Already restarted – Try to read with PCM 2.6 And PCM 2.9. Try with a different laptop. – Already tried with another laptop – Kindly install the latest Hotfix file on your laptop.
– I doubt if we install fuse and MCB in the same rating, then if overload comes what operates first either fuse blown first or mcb operate first if it is so why? Reason. The same for short circuit condition – Fuse – Response time is faster than McBride -Could you please share with me the response time for MCB and fuse? – The answer depends on the thermal capability curve of each – How we can clarify? Any documents for this
– When Three generators are running in parallel, suddenly one generator got trip. What happens to other generators? I know that the speed of other generators will increase but I don’t know why? – According to the drop curve In other words they all agreed to provide the grid with a 50/60 Hz sinusoidal voltage waveform. You can only see the actual increase in speed when you disconnect the generator from the grid. This question is quite complex, the generators are running on the grid or isolated from the Power system? If are connected you need to know how big is the influence of these generators in the system. In other words, you will need a load flow simulation and a transitory simulation engine to know what will happen with the other machines because synchronous generators have angular stability that depends on the intrinsic constructive characteristics. If the system is isolated is most likely that the tripped machine will accelerate and the other machines will decrease speed, if the variant of power is the inside capability and angle stability the speed regulator and the voltage regulator will set a new operation point to guarantee the operation delivering the same amount of power (sorry for bad English, just woke up) – Actually, this is on a machine connected to an “infinite power” bus. If we are talking about a big loss of generation the machines will swing around the main frequency raising/decreasing speed, right? – If the frequency of the other two generators was raised means the speed has to increase right? – Because for speed=120f/p In synchronous machines speed -> frequency. But again, it’s most likely that the speed of the two remaining generators will decrease. Once you have the same amount of load and have to decrease your generation the electrical current on the remaining generators are higher, this will result in a bigger magnetic flux that will make a force in the opposite direction of the primary machine (turbine), in other words, this should break the generator. But as our colleague said, in a big power system you shouldn’t have speed variations. It will all depend on your system. Is impossible to give a precise answer without the information? – The speed will decrease most likely depending upon the governor’s response if they running in an isolated system. A change in active power demand or production causes a fluctuation of the speed (frequency). If a generator trips, the frequency will decline. If the loss of generation is greater than the spinning reserve, the frequency could eventually stabilize at a new value lower than the desired one. However, in practice, under-frequency relaying is used to reestablish the balance between power demand and available production. If the frequency decline is excessive, generating units can be automatically tripped off causing an additional decline of frequency, and possible collapse of the system. Acceleration torque (Ta) = T (mech) – T (elec). For small variations 😛 (mech) ≈ T (mech) P (elec) ≈ T (elec)
– how to download Micom Alstom relay software If you have any software links send – Google MiCOM S1 Agile
– Does anyone have Torkel win 3.0 (or any) software available? – I need to download digisi 4.91 or 4.93 with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit – Anyone can help me to give me site, I can download it directly
– this relay does not turn on why? – Pls ensure the polarity of the Auxilary supply 26- Ok C1 is + and C2 is – – Are you sure about the exact output of your dc source? – Insulation failure at the termination… may be due to too much dust or deterioration of the Elbow connector
– Do you know how to reset the password of this device? – Yes, I have confirmed a polarity, some problem, relay not turn ON! – Is it a new relay? – Yes I used a CMC 256, auxiliary source. – When u turn On the supply measure the applied voltages on the terminals of the relay using a multimeter. – What happens when u use a test set. When u apply the voltage on the relay, the voltages drop. I face the same issue on Sr 489 relay using a CMC 356 – Check the applied voltage using a multimeter. – With changing the configuration and sending it to the relay, this error appeared, what the reason is? – Relay is in pickup condition, which function? – How can I find it? – Check General Introgation – Exit the pickup condition
– I am unable to connect through DIGSI – Can somebody guide me – Any fault is there – What is that LED glowing? – Check com number of laptop in device manager—> ports – Change your laptop serial Port configuration, Select the same com number in the laptop, and digsi. Maybe you don’t install the device driver. – Please check the VD address in ur digsi. Check your Siprotecs drivers
– Can anyone tell what is the password for the ABB 545 Feeder management relay? – To access the protection setting and to change the settings – Can anyone guide about Generator Overcurrent with Voltage Restraint protection – in our dcs system we can get disturbance records of all relays but one. I checked the relay with ied explorer, cfg exists in the relay but the bus doesn’t get it. The Comtrade directory address and everything are fine. Can I use Wireshark to see what’s happening to the file? I used the MMS filter, but I need a more specific one. Does the file transfer through MMS protocol at all? Can anyone guide me?
– We have AVR fed by PMG, can we disable the Voltage Restraint or Voltage Controlled function? – Kindly use Wireshark and check this shall help u – With which filter? – Can anyone in the group help with this – What is the effect of ambient temperature on SF6 gas pressure! – Guage readings could be different in day and night timings? Especially in winters – Pressure will reduce in Winters And especially at night, u might face an alarm or trip in the night and that alarm may go away in the morning – 7 bar at 20 degree
– while I connect sip 5 bcu like that error I got. how can I solve that – Differential initial setting is 0.2*In? – What is the meaning of it?
– Anybody has breaker dcrm result & procedure for testing breaker dcrm with megger TM1740 kit. – I think the problem is your RAM – maybe you can upgrade it to 8GB or 16GB.
– What is this problem? – Install the device driver for 7sj80 – My breaker got tripped on differential Relay is not showing any current -87BD In phases R, Y, B But no current – W1 or W2 -It’s tap changing problem – It is due to an imbalance of voltage – Tap was not changed. In relay 5th harmonic and 2nd harmonic is blocked. – Not showing any winding – I just updated the firmware of my 7SA82 relay from 7.82 to 8.06, now the relay shows firmware 8.06 but CFG 7.82, when I go to the device information page of offline extracted settings, here upgrade option is missing at configuration version, please guide me how can I get upgrade option
here you can see, upgrade option is not there near CFG
this is what the manual shows, but in my case, this upgrade option is not there as you can see in the above picture. – Did u import the communication firmware for this device? – issue resolved, by following this “You can go to – Upgrade project device” in the project tree, and you will find for upgrade CFG-
To join our protection relay WhatsApp group, please send interest on WhatsApp,Click
– Got this error when installing digsi 4.94, plz help – When I am taking megger for pt primary to secondary, then when taking b/w primary and 1a and primary getting 400 Mega ohms, and primary to 1n getting 1.9 Giga. Ohm, why is the difference? – What is the applied test voltage? – 5kV – Remove secondary connections either connected 1a or 1n. Apply test voltage case1: primary to 1a Case 2: primary to 1n. The values more or less should come the same. Sometimes it will show some difference due to testing machine (Megger) measurement and also ambient temperature(T) – IN the 7SR relay where to find the Characteristic angle? – Using reydisp evolution – take pri. to earth at 5kv and seco. to earth at 500 v – Anybody tested the GIPAM 10NZ relay? Where is direction selection for 67G SGR Protection In software? – Check-in current protection folder – +-45 by default
– any ziv zlv distance protection engineer urgent need, Unbalance settings are given 30% – How to test and justify this 30% – How to Test 100% Stator Earth fault protection? – With 3rd Harmonic. It is the power setting. When u give the fault with power above 30%. Then only the relay will be active. – Which relay Model? – 7UM622 – Control cable length is 700mtr, then how to calculate voltage drop.
– if 220 kv or any kv panel which receiving end panel thus their relationship angle between v-i is 180 degrees apart.? is this right?
– Vph to Vph selected. The setting is 121 V – Then for secondary injection how to inject? – How to test under excitation protection in Siemens relay 7UM? – U have to first take the capability curve of the generator and then on under excitation side make 3 part one at 0deg angle, 90deg angle, and 120 deg angle – For each angle, u will get a certain MW and Mvar which u can inject through ur secondary injection kit in terms of voltage and current?
– Can anyone provide the DNP3 protocol standard? – On the upper side of Relay Ready LED is Blinking. That’s why it’s not communicating by software, How to fix it – which led? – Ready LED – relay faulty indiction is going on annunciation. – No annunciation is coming on other. but I think the relay gets faulty.
– Is the relay restarting again and again? Because it blinks when in test mode – Is it in test mode? – Is it rebooting – u can also check the error code in the relay – Not rebooting – HMI working properly – When you read the data from relay through software what error it is showing? – oh ABB show on the display – this is an error inside – Not communicating with software – must repair – What is the fault code relay is showing? – Not showing any fault Or warning code, the Only ready LED is Blinking
– Now communicated with relay, But the Blinking problem is not fixed – Go to main menu/monitoring/IED status/self-supervision, Check for the faulty hardware module. If it is a diagnostic failure then also it flashes – Check IRF alarm contact status to find the reason, It is an internal fault maybe. – Why is current in the R phase so much high on normal voltage – Load on the R phase might be more as compared to other phases. – Normal voltage is injected, And the normal current is injected. – whats the ct ratio? – 400/1 – check backup relay measurement – how many the core in ct? – But I am injecting to relay directly – how secondary set Check ct wiring? – Star point of relay Input Is correctly wired – star point is only for protection – R u injected or the line is the charge? – Relay is separated from PT CT, I am injecting current from omicron. – PT as well – R u injecting balance current? – 1 A – Yes – check ct ratio in the relay. – CT ratio is OK in the relay when u inject is there any current in IN? – Yes same as the R phase. – Check-in this, it was fluctuating – inject only r phase backside of the relay terminal not on tb – It’s 934 A is showing when I inject only in R phase – led is blinking for this relay (REL670)
– Is circuit breaker contact resistance temperature-dependent -Yes the hotter it has the higher the value. That’s why you would have seen that the current is injected for a very short duration. As not to elevate the temperature – Does variations in input voltage affect breaker timing? – Input supply varies from 110V to 170V. The ideal voltage is 110 V
– 132 kV breaker close time =77 ms – At160V – PT ki 110 v vary kr rhi h – No pt – Direct supply from AC source for testing – ac supply for the kit, No for breaker control supply – Usually, the higher volts may not affect the timing but will damage the insulation of the coil – Is this value is acceptable – ac supply use in break only for motor. Refer to the manual. – Input ac supply for the kit is 260V For MV, I have less than 60ms for one while 40 ms for the other type. The source is giving 260 V – So you have to compare with the values in manual -Trip time is 46 ms, CO=39ms – please check these angle diff. is correct or wrong?
– Can you tell me what is the name of this marked portion? And why it is connected there? – It’s correct, inductive. – When I charge the 132kv line, then I get the all secondary 3phase voltage at the panel TB from line CVT. But I trip the breaker, now the line remains back charge bcz of opposite end connected. In this case, I get only R, B phase voltage from the same line CVT. Y ph voltage is near to zero(i.e, y=7 v) How it is possible? – line pt install – May Y phase jumper opened in transmission line? – please check from the remote end voltage – It is also perfectly correct. remote end all three voltage is perfect? – tell me all three voltage 24abb , 18:32 -abb pcm600: R=63.8 Y=63.03 B=63.35 – Now it is charged at both ends. When I cut our end breaker, then I get only 2 ph voltage – r u seeing in the panel?
– No seeing at pt MB – cut the break from remote end charge from our end then check – same problem – I get all 3 ph voltage – It is clear – CVT after breaker or before when charging from both ends then what about the load – all three loads are balance – Does the problem solved now? Check the wiring of pt at tb – Is it loose – It is perfectly connected – What about pt secondary phase to phase voltage? – 110 if it is charged at both ends – What about all other phases? – All three-phase to phase voltage is 110 if the line is charged at both ends. – If I cut my end breaker then I get 2 phase voltage only – I am not getting Yph voltage
– Does the LA inline side shows leakage current? – If our side is charged and the other side breaker is off in this case I get all three-phase voltage – Yes check for leakage current in LA.
– Does DNP communicate over RS 485? – Yes, if supported by the relay manufacturer.
– Correct, RS485 RS232 RS422etc is just a standard for serial communication – DNP is a protocol that can be communicated over RS232 or RS485 serial port. DNP can be daisy-chained, just use a terminating resistor – The motor got tripped on 51n but all three-phase currents are equal, the protection on the calculated value of three-phase currents internally by the relay. the relay was 7sj66. What are the causes? – IR value of the motor is good
– Anyone can explain the difference between DNP and Rs 485 – RS 485 is port, DNP is protocol, DNP is a protocol – Used in the process automation system – Anyone can explain how to collect ABT meter load survey data through RS 485 port? – Ok thanks, so the DNP3 outstation address will act like node ID?
– How many relays can we drop on an RS485 using DNP3? – I mean DNP3 slave address ranges up to 65535 – The maximum IEDs that were successfully daisy-chained was 255, however, I won’t use anything close to that. – Read through the RS485 standard, all is specified, this is not my area is expertise, but I’ve seen them work over 200m, use a 9600bd 2 wire comms, With 2 pair, 0.5 twisted shielded pair, proper earthing of spare wires and shield, I used till1400 meter closed loop – anyone uses kocos Artes 440 three-phase secondary innection set.
– Please share a detailed explanation of under excitation Protection – Please tell me about the LBB scheme in 220kV – Local Breaker protection scheme depends on the type of busbar scheme you applied for. – What is the type of bus bar scheme used in your 220kV station – It is a trip matrix for designing protection schemes – For which type of unit? Is it for generator – Class A is for Turbine trip class B is for the GCB trip – Whenever Turbine tripping occurs, GCB trips consequently. – No correlation with a generator in this case. It is for a transformer. The above transformer is a GT. -Though it is a GT, protection group A and Group B is for transformer breaker itself. Hv side and LV side (GCB), 86.1 & 86.2 – GT doesn’t have HV side CB. 86 means Master tripping. I’m saying for transformer – Here in the trip matrix, Group A & B are categorized for master trips only. – You mean, GT doesn’t have hv side CB – Sorry LV side doesn’t have CB I meant to say. if it is 11/33kV GT. CB will be at the 33kV side in small power plants. – It is a transformer – I want a wrt generator For the 7UM relay. – Low impedance busbar having main and check zone For busbar trip. how this is working? – I understood the scheme is a double busbar with a transfer bus scheme. – The main and check zone concept is different from LBB. We use a zone system in busbar differential. Whereas, LBB operates when the corresponding breaker fails to trip under feeder fault/bay fault condition. LBB will extend to the trip concerned busbar of that breaker(two main and transfer scheme) and other ends of the line (i.e., opposite end station). – You will be more clear with protection schemes, showing LBB operated page.
– does float dc ammeter show which current In the battery charger? – From DIGSI 5 can we communicate Siprotec 4 relay? – No, But you can install them on single pc
– anyone has drawn for this 11 kv panel siemens? – I am having two MFM in different panels both having the same voltage and current but KWH is different. Is this possible? – Check CTR in both -Checked it is correct, Current may be the same now but it might be different in different timings, so results in different KWh ratings. – Load in two feeders could not need to be the same all the time. Eventually, results in different kwh ratings. – One is incomer and one is outgoer. Only- one feeder connected in that bus? – No. Then how both current ratings were same – it is a plant of 30mw where incomer is trf and connected to og line – That incomer is getting input from 6 5MW sources – How much is the difference in values in both meters183 and 258 – Is meter calibration done? -Check PT also R-Y 115, Y-B 121 B-R 120 – Angles in 7SR relay. – TCS Protection is not there in the 7SR17 Relay -How to make logic for TCS in 7SR17 Relay? – this will work only in the case of DC coil in VCB – OK, but how to make an equation for that? – My existing relay is Rho 3 – In the 7SR relay how to make the equation Like logic? How to make TCS Logic in-display evolution software. How many trip coils are in your breaker? – Two – Use two equations – Assign binary input to 74TCS-1 to 4 in the input matrix. Then assign the same in output matrix by virtual input – Use E1=V1V2, E2=V3V4 – 74TCS is not available in relay – Which relay? – 7SR17 – Is it possible to Use TCS if we don’t have 74TCS?
– SEL 311B Manual Operating Password please Share – Should be TAIL or OTTER – Level 1:OTTER. Level 2: TAIL – In CT, Due to leakage the oil reaches a minimum level. In that case how to refill the oil? Whether we refill directly from the top of the CT oresle vacuum pulling thereby bottom filling?
– What can someone recommend as a voltage regulator for a 33kv line that experiences voltage fluctuations once there is any loss of any other 33kv feeder all feeding from the same 132kv bus. Meanwhile, the one that experiences the voltage dips is not on the 33kv bus. – can we communicate the Schneider relay p442 in Micom S1 studio software? – Can anyone tell me that when I am injecting 63.5in phase to neutral why I am getting voltages in ph to ph – You are injecting in one phase or two-phase? – Only phase to neutral. Rph only – In the Y phase also 31V shows Not injecting. If injecting in the R phase, it should not show in the Y and b phase, but it will show in VRY AND VBR. – Is there a neutral problem? – Try to ground the other two phases and check – Check with three-phase injection also
Hello, thank you for visiting our site By joining our WhatsApp and Telegram groups, talk to the electrical engineers around the world and solve your problems about electricity. You can also see our training packages at the link below. https://elec-engg.com/category/training-course/
– during installation of Schneider electric studio and the net frame is not supported on this window – how can I download the data model package for Schneider – You have Schneider software? – You can download it through the data model manager – server did not respond – If you need any particular data model, I will check and send it to you. – P442 distance protection relay all software version – I will check in my system, if available I will send, email id? – Plz check data model if have then plz – I am connecting two power supplies in a series of 48 V but the current of one is 10A and 2 A what will be the resultant – Current – Download data models – Current will be added in series – Check your email. I sent P442 data models – yes I received thank you so much. server not respond – Use Ge Micom S1 Agile – How to make a Close circuit supervision configuration in 7SR Relay – earth resistance value without grid must be less than 5 ohms, Is it correct? – It depends upon the soil, for some soil should be less than 1 ohm – What’s the meaning of 4 temperature inputs? – Maybe for RTD connections – Yeah. For bearings, stator, and rotor. – What is the application of RTD, Monitoring the temperature. -Resistance temperature detector. The resistance changes concerning the temperature. – Do we need any configuration in the 7SR relay for RTD? -I haven’t worked on 7sr but RTDs need configuration
– How to test low impedance ref? – Anybody has a testing format for REM 615 Like overcurrent, earth fault, thermal overload, phase reversal, negative sequence overcurrent protection for the motor, motor load jam protection, and motor start-up supervision? – The testing procedure of 7SA522 if anyone has please share it? Which relay to set directional – Does anyone have a SIPROTEC 5 .sim file to share? – Single-phase pick up and three-phase pickup will be different for overcurrent Protection in relay Or not? – In relay 7SJ64 – Idmt time at normal setting and 2 times current injection are coming same is this possible – At a normal setting, the relay will pick up only. – Check the output trip logic
– Can anyone clarify me LBB scheme 220kV – Can earthing of CT 2ndry neutral on both sides (at panel side and field side) can cause this differential current? – Does anyone has experienced this case?
– That a transformer differential relay tripped even when the breaker is opened? Some differential current flowing when the breaker is opened – In this case, the current doesn’t flow in the relay coil. it will circulate if both field side and panel side star point earthed – Check DR – if transformer trip on diff. relay on through fault what’s the reason? – Check differential settings and harmonic blocking during energization. – can we disable the external fault trip in Micom p642 diff?
– after running the generator for 3hrs the turbine guide bearing temperature would rise from 50-62, and if the machine is not shut down it will continue to alarm and trip point. – Our plant has 6 generators of 96.4mw each, suddenly one of them developed high-temperature issue from the turbine guide bearing. It is a hydropower plant – Increase the bearing temperature limit up to 85-degree Setpoint – Won’t that cause bearing burnout as all other generators don’t get up 58 degrees? – What about the oil temperature in that system? – If the oil temp is high, too the bearing temp will be high. So you need to inspect cooling systems for turbine oil. The oil temperature also do rise but as usual, it should be lagging and that is what we are getting – If you are using water in a cooling system, just inspect the water entry. Especially valves which allow cooling water to circulate. – It’s self-cooling, when the shaft rotates it stir up oil in between the gap between it and the bearing providing lubrication and cooling at the same time – forbearing to be at low temperature, the oil in its gap must be at a low temperature too. But the oil is cooled by either air or cold water system. So I am advising you to inspect the cold water system or air system. Because this shows that the system that cools oil is not working properly. – Ok sir, our system is an enclosed type, no water cooling system, and we checked all the breeder points but no issues. – Ok continue to troubleshoot bro.
– Hello, how to check if fiber optic between two relays is a healthy connection? – Siprotec 5 – Anybody service provider near Bagalkot Karnataka. Like: TL, T/f, ht Panel relay breaker, cables – How to make it possible for these two devices to communicate, they are connected using optic duplex LC – anyone has the 7SJ85 test procedure, please? – do you mean communicate as a protection interface for line diff 87L? -Check device id
– Can anyone tell me how to test low impedance ref Secondary injections or stability? – Secondary injection – I am facing a problem with distance signals Configure in the extended system interface – You will get the signals which you require
– Need to apply 1500V DC voltage for testing. Have anyone come through the 1500V DC voltage injector kit? – In the 220kV scheme with two main and one transfer bus does the logic inputs of TBC and Bus coupler are fed to that bay relay or not Or using Goose it is done can anyone tell me – If I am understanding correctly, I would say yes you would get those signals wired to your bay relay as inputs then if needed send it via GOOSE to any other relay that needs it for its logic. Only during maintenance, you shift to transfer bus through 89T…so bus bar protection should not Operate for transfer bus For bay units, only bus isolators status (89A&89B) should be given. It should operate for Bus-A and Bus-B fault.
– For directional earth fault relay uses positive sector negative or zero? – Generally, we negative and zero sequences not positive sequence
– Relay is showing negative power instead of positive, In this case, the current is lagging voltage, How, it is leading As PF is negative
– In capacitive load current leads voltage, In inductive load, current lags voltage, Current Our is an inductive load – I guess real power is flowing in the reverse direction. You have to reverse the CT staring, change the PQ direction in Siemens bcu
– if you have calculations for differential relay for transformer 132/33, 132/33/11 Kv, can provide us with my regard
– There is interference between drawing possible to amended and reupload, I’ll try to convert it from my pc Relay is not time synced – What is the SPS scheme used in the Power station? – in Micom p442 relay how R1, R2, R3, R4 PP, and PG CALCULATE How-to measure the resistivity of water? – Trafo is getting tripped at night in transfo differential Even though there is no current at night why it is tripping on differential
– I am testing an MFM em6400, I want to change the power factor From lag to lead – Using a single phase is it possible Only positive and negative is changing in inductive – anybody tells me how set the R1, R2, R3, and R4 P-P and P-G in Micom p442 it’s very urgent – Which relay?
Can you send fault data? And DR Abb vd4 (vcb medium voltage) technical manual Required Trip, close coil, etc details
– what is phase over-current, and over current in relays, Can anyone tell me what is Sf in the earthing calculation – As I referred, it is the diversion factor for which fault is being distributed across the ground network through transmission line ground wires. – Ratio of Ig/ 3Io. MTA is -15deg, RCA is +- 90, Then angle will be 60-0-240 For earth fault 75 0 255 have anyone use kocos artes kit for test distance protection relay – How much is the knee point voltage of nct – Vkp = K * If/CTR * (RCT + RL + RR) – Vkp is the knee point voltage. K constant taken as 2 If – max. Fault current – CTR is the CT ratio. Rct CT winding resistance – RL loop lead resistance in ohms. RR relay burden Or do knee point voltage test – What mean by 40Rct+400v in ct details? – <= 40-ohm winding resistance 400v knee point voltage < 30mA at 100 volt while knee point test 21/10/2020, 19:35 – Greetings house, up till now our problem of guide bearing temperature rise has not been resolved. This sketch is my observation when the generator is operating but I’m not a mechanical engineer.
– Other generators don’t behave this way How to test under Impedance? The setting is 0.02 P. U, Relay is REM545 – how to test Micom p442 distance protection relay as well as setting. – In the transfer bus how the sequence of operation will be performed – what is the cause of tripping of incomer due to outgoing feeder trip on high set earth fault. – How to test pole slip
-For overcurrent protection, On Which side CT low forward power protection and reverse power Protection is generally there? – Neutral side CT or Phase side CT – What’s the meaning of the four-step in this protection? -Four steps mean four different stages, 4 different levels of NPS you can configure.
– Which version of DIGSI is compatible with window 8? – One problem we are facing is that with stator earth interterm trip is also coming Wiring checked what may be other problem
– I can’t change the common mode to RSTP Updated the firmware to P14231QB….B60L. – How to enter in setting mode – What do you want to do in settings To view setting only And to check measurements? – Press down arrow, System data will come Then press right now, You will find measurements, configuration, settings – I found these now But I am not able to enter any option -If you found measurements, you have to press the down arrow – Yea but nothing is happening – You have to reset the trip and alarm, then you try – Press the book 📖 symbol, It will show all Alarms, then press c. – I am pressing the book key but nothing is happening – How come out of this menu – Press c – Nothing is happening by pressing the c key also
– Once u can restart and do the same – You have to switch off the relay, wait for some time then switch on.
– How compensation factor is used in the distance relay? – When I change the star point then does protection operate or not? – In the case of non-directional overcurrent, Relay is showing power in negative So I want to change the polarity. – In directional it will not – Depending on each direction (reverser or forward ) Starpoint to consider, I have set as forward – P1 is the bus side and P2 is the line side, With S1 as star point
– When I am shorting the TB for changing the meter the current is still not zero. It is showing as 5A – Actual load current is 64A, After shorting it is showing as 5A, not 0 – Please Share 7UM6211 Test Report – Is this a balanced phase or are Y and B interchanged – Yes the rotation is clockwise, According to me it is an ACB phase sequence. So Y and B needs to be interchanged
– I Am asking if anyone in here knows how to run two generators in parallel and kindly assist with the schematic diagram -I have two generators
One of the common applications of GOOSE messages is to implement a ‘fast bus’ or ‘reverse interlocking’ bus protection scheme. In its most basic form, a directional overcurrent relay is installed on the incomer. If a fault is detected towards the bus the incomer relay will trip unless any of the feeder relays send it a blocking signal indicating that the fault is external to the bus.
Ideally, this type of scheme should be tested by primary or secondary injection into both the incomer and feeder relay at the same time. However, there are often cases when access to only a single relay at once is possible. Since IEC61850 is an international standard, the use of a third-party test tool is possible. One such test tool is the OMICRON CMC.
Method The relay-relay GOOSE application is created in DIGSI IEC 61850 System Configurator. The pickup (‘start’) of the overcurrent elements in each of the feeder relays is mapped to a GOOSE input in the incomer relay. The configuration is via drag and drop – DIGSI automatically takes care of the necessary low-level details of the protocol.
DIGSI IEC 61850 System Configurator
If the GOOSE mapping has already been created in DIGSI, then getting this information into the OMICRON is as simple as exporting the Substation Configuration Description (SCD) file from DIGSI and importing it into the OMICRON GOOSE Configuration software. (Export DIGSI SCD file, and Import in to OMICRON GOOSE Configuration)
By connecting the OMICRON into either the subnet or directly into a relay, the OMICRON software allows the CMC to either simulate or subscribe to any of the stations. Again, the configuration of this is via drag and drop – the relevant goose data-set item is selected and mapped to a binary input or output of the CMC. These are then available for use as standard binary inputs/outputs in other parts of the Test Universe software.
GOOSE data set mapping in omicron
By use of the Omicron secondary injection combined with its GOOSE functions each of the SIPROTEC relays in the fast-bus scheme can be tested individually.
Test 1: Testing a feeder relay:
Testing of the feeder relay is to confirm that as soon as its overcurrent element picks up it transmits a suitable GOOSE blocking message. The Omicron is connected to inject a secondary current into the relay above the element pickup threshold. The Omicron is set to subscribe to the ‘Start’ GOOSE message expected to be transmitted by the relay. Since the SCD file was directly imported from DIGSI, all the protocol details of the GOOSE message will automatically be checked during the testing for conformance with what the incomer relay is expecting. An Omicron test is created and executed to record the time taken from the injection of current to receipt of the GOOSE message. Typically times expected will be the pickup time of the relay element plus just a few milliseconds.
Test 2: Testing the incomer relay
The incomer relay is tested to confirm that when it receives a blocking message via GOOSE that its directional overcurrent element does not issue a trip (Figure 7). The OMICRON is configured to simulate the GOOSE message that would come from one of the feeder relays. For testing, activation of this GOOSE transmission is via any of the mapped binary output functions of the Test Universe application (Figure 6). Using the State Sequencer, the first state can be set to inject voltage and current into the relay without any GOOSE message transmission. After a short time delay (to match that recorded in Test 1) the second state should keep the analog signals on, but activate the GOOSE message transmission by turning the relevant binary output on. A successful test is where the relay element does not trip.
Using a binary output to generate blocking GOOSE message
Testing Incomer blocking with received GOOSE message